Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Skill Point Perks [1764+ Supporters] [salted Likes It]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Nepeta Leijon, Dec 29, 2015.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes.

92.3%
  2. Yes, but change... (Please suggest)

5.2%
  3. No, you need to change... (Please suggest)

0.3%
  4. No.

2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrli

Chrli Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I love this idea! Hopefully it will be added c:

2. Mungleton

Mungleton Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Amazing idea!

3. Mikunouchi

Mikunouchi Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    This is cool, bump

4. mrkranky

mrkranky Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    F u l l m o r p h + b l u e m a s k f o r + 1 0 0 I n a l l s k I l l p o i n t s

5. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    Except you wouldn't get many of the benefits. It only works on natural skill points, the ones you gain every level; not the ones from armour.

6. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Great suggestion, well done!

7. Spidov

Spidov Skilled Adventurer

It would take more work but it would be fun if there were some more synergies with some specific classes and spells.

An example is on the mage's meteor ability if you have 100 strength (or whatever fire is) the fire on the ground gives you 50% incresed movement speed (if you stand in it). Intelligence 50 (water) could maybe give you another speed boost on healing maybe 20%. Defence 25: 10% damage reduction after using your blink.

You can see that i mostly use mage, but with this you could also easierly balance each class and also balance each path.

8. Erik / Romancia

Erik / Romancia Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    +1 from me, this idea seems interesting and would add more depth to the Skill Points system, which would be nice anyway.

9. PurpleAdventurer

PurpleAdventurer Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    the idea is cool but you can not do everything in air as an air magician (in addition you can not use most of the equipment) in strength and intelligence and you get many bonuses you do not need at all.

E.LUCA

10. MrSirBilly

MrSirBilly Travelled Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I’m liking where this is going. Great idea!

11. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why...

12. Je Hooft

Je Hooft No Longer Hardlocked on A Hunter's Calling HERO

Minecraft:
    I really like this suggestion as it allows people to specialize in a certain build more, but the suggestion also seems overpowered cause I can't find a direct nerf to other things to make up for this. It's just that all skill points have been buffed. How do you plan on making this more balanced?

13. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    The idea is to just buff Skill Points, since they only offer a percentage increase in their one stat. It's designed to take incentive away from making rainbow builds and focusing on a few elements, and giving people buffs for doing so. This would increase the stats of existing gear, or mitigate the effects of negative IDs to make certain gear a little more usable.

Endercomet likes this.
  14. Je Hooft

Minecraft:
    That's what I mean. This suggestion looks good and all, but it's also really overpowered. Because of this huge buff to skill points, every player will be way stronger, especially at later levels. This will make fights and the game as a whole much easier.
    So how will this be balanced? Since I don't think the devs want to just buff every mob or nerf all gear to accommodate for a larger focus on skill points.

15. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    I don't think they're going to be that devastating to be honest, they're not going to break the damage on people. The buffs on their own aren't much different than wearing a piece of gear, and you only get really powerful if you invest all your skill points into two elements specifically. If you want to make a build using three elements (which is also encouraged in the upcoming update), the highest you can get for all three elements is Tier 3 (using an even spread). If you go rainbow, you end up missing out on a lot of the more powerful perks.

16. Je Hooft

Minecraft:
    Ok I'll give some examples of sheer OPness that these changes would bring:

Say you're going to do an intelligence build. You spend 100 points on intel and the rest equally among other skills. What do you get without even equipping any armor or weapons?

+65% water damage
    +60% spell damage
    +25% reflection
    +3/4s mana regen
    +10 defense from all elements

Imagine stacking this with some spell damage and mana regen armor and a weapon that deals water damage. I don't really know the exact calculations for damage, but having a +65% multiplier + what your armor gives and then multiplying that by (1.6+armor spell damage multiplier) you will get some very very high damage spells with your water weapon.

Another example, you decide to go defensive; agility+defense:

+55% fire damage
    +40% health
    +15% health regen
    +70% air damage
    +40% movement speed
    +5% dodge chance
    +1 tier attack speed

With 100 points in agility, you will already have a 65% dodge chance. this will increase to 70%, which would equate to about 114 skill points in agility. Also, of the 3 out of 10 hits you receive, you will only have 35% of that damage taken. Now, this is still within the realms of current Wynncraft, but not when you realize that not only do you get 40% more health (you'll go from 10k to 14k or from 14k to a whopping 20k), you'll also deal 55% and 70% more fire and air damage respectively. If you find weapons that deal fire and/or air damage (say Phoenix Wing, Anthracite Ballista, Ligfamblawende) you'll be set. A tank that is also fast and also deals a ton of damage.

And lastly, speccing in dexterity:

+50% thunder damage
    +20% movement speed
    +15% crit chance
    +1 tier attack speed

Again, dealing 50% more thunder damage isn't something you can just ignore, but look at the crit chance. Even if you only spec 100 points into dexterity, you'll get +80% chance to do TWICE as much damage (or +95% crit chance if you get to 147 skill points in dex), or a 20% chance to deal half damage. Except then you would have to see your normal damage as +200% thunder damage compared to normal damage. In short, that's a lotta damage.

So yeah, all these skill points are definitely balanced for each other, but also definitely completely overpowered compared to current Wynncraft.

I do like Salted's "suggestion" more since it is a lot more modest in terms of buffs and will not disturb current gameplay too much. So my suggestion for this is to maybe nerf some of the elemental damages (and also spell damages) and add in some things that have less of an impact on the gameplay (such as walk speed, thorns and reflection). How about giving the player fire immunity at 100 skill points, or giving 100 skill points in thunder more damage against water instead of against everything as long as you have a thunder weapon?

17. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    I didn't realise the values could get so crazy if stacked properly. I wanted each 'level' to be something worthwhile/worth investing in (so getting 3% Earth damage for 75 skill points would hardly make a difference, it'd barely be much of an addition) and provide boosts to the player as they level up, rather than only being used at endgame levels. I'll see if I can balance the overall values out a bit more so their cumulative amounts aren't as overpowered.

18. jjgg352

jjgg352 Travelled Adventurer

AMAZING!!!!!!

19. Minitinipower

Minitinipower just a guy

Minecraft:
    How in all these years have I not seen this suggestion?

definitely +1

20. Toonlord27

Toonlord27 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Would make for some interesting kit designs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.