Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Add A Bag For Ingredients.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Sourpowerpete, Jun 24, 2019.

?

Do you think an ingredient bag is a good idea?

1. Yes.

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sourpowerpete

Sourpowerpete Well-Known Adventurer

Title. Seriously, how has this not been done already?

1. It could be part of your compass menu.
    2. Just a chest size. Nothing special, just something for more inventory space.
    3. I'm thinking it's just a part of one your hotbar menu items.
    4. I don't see any problems. If you do though, plz let me know and I'll try to address them.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  2. Bramblesthatcat

Bramblesthatcat Just a cat trying to be bing chilling CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Don’t you mean...
    Backpacks?
    B5680AF8-8346-4F10-B8A9-D97992E6AC74.jpeg 174CA45C-4B69-448B-AA26-FA57F2852B10.png B5680AF8-8346-4F10-B8A9-D97992E6AC74.jpeg
    Tip: Use the search feature to see if your idea has been suggested before and if people actually want it.

3. Faded the weeb

Faded the weeb your local weeb VIP+

Minecraft:
    Well, yeah. Backpacks aren't an original idea, they've been suggested a ton already and I can't say for sure whether they'll be added anytime soon, if ever, but since this seems to be just for ingredients, this could be something interesting. +1 from me.

edit: also, add poll.

4. Sourpowerpete

Yes, I'm aware it's already been suggested. Would you prefer I necro a thread next time? It hasn't been implemented yet despite having been suggested literally a 1000 times, so I posted again.

5. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Even if it’s been suggested for “a thousand times”
    1. doesn’t mean it’s good
    2. doesn’t mean the community wants it
    You could make the exact same argument for housing and the entire community near-universally hates housing.

6. Sourpowerpete

What exactly would the community not want about a simple ingredients bag? Housing is different because it completely changes the experience. A little bag does not.

7. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My question is, even though its not original, what makes the idea invalid. Should more people making the idea mean more people want it? Instead of ignoring that, we should look at it. Instead of accepting it as it is, I think we should look into the source of this wanting for more space.

@Bramblesthatcat What are the reasons why backpacks are even bad in the first place, because so many people write it as suggested before without saying why its bad. Basically I kind of forgot them, and want to look at them again.

8. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Also, add more detail. We have little to go off of. For example:
    How do you obtain this bag?
    What are it’s limits?
    How could it be implemented?
    What are some possible problems with it and how could those problems be rectified?
    Just asking or demanding for something won’t make it happen.

9. Sourpowerpete

I just addressed these in the main post.

10. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I still don’t think we need this. We have more than enough bank space for items, and we don’t need all that extra inventory space for just ingredients.

11. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The point of more inventory space isn’t to hold more things, but to so you can hold more to bring them back to the bank/lower inconvenience from filling your inventory and going back to the bank.

Also I agree with your other sentence, a free chestful is a bit too much. Pouches should be upgradable, but even at max upgrade, it should not come close to a chestful.

StormKing3 likes this.
  12. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I also feel that making it solely for ingredients is a bit of a problem. It’s a bit too niche. It wouldn’t exactly work for resources because of carrying weight and letting it be used for carrying any item is too OP. It’s hard to strike a balance with this feature.

13. Sourpowerpete

My goal is to alleviate some of the space items take up. I see ingredients and crafting materials as the main recent source of this problem, but if a general backpack would fix it more, than I'd be more for that.

14. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The issue is that backpacks are wayyyy too OP with the addition of bank space and would indirectly nullify the Ironman challenge

15. Sourpowerpete

How is being able to store items... OP? And couldn't you just disable backpacks with the Ironman challenge?

StormKing3 likes this.
  16. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It’s op because it give you a lot more space to put items in. We already have huge amounts of bank space, this would just be too much. Think of lootruns. Part of a lootrun is deciding what to take and what to leave. Giving all that extra space means you can take all that extra stuff and turn (some form) of a profit from it. That’s (hypothetically) ‘x’ many more items/emeralds added into the game.
    Not the main point but still.

17. Faded the weeb

Faded the weeb your local weeb VIP+

Minecraft:
    The problem many people have with backpacks in general I believe is just the ability to carry a *lot* more items than you'd normally be able to. Then again, if it's a pouch for *just* profession ingredients (or perhaps your tools as well) it'd help with the tedium of having half of your inventory filled with potions (if you're anything but a Mage) and/or random junk ingredients from a grinding session. I'm all for helping to at least fix the problem, but I can understand the other side as well.

18. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Like I said before, having it for just ingredients is a bit too niche. On the other hand, letting it be extra inventory space is too op.

19. Sourpowerpete

"It’s op because it give you a lot more space to put items in." is a circular reason. "Gives you a higher profit" is an actual reason that I could understand, but I don't exactly see the problem with that tbh.

20. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We literally had to have a major update to fix our inflation. And it’s still not totally fixed. We don’t need any more money going into the player economy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.