Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Backpacks

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Thonck, Apr 24, 2019.

?

Do you like this suggestion?

1. Frick yeah!

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. No, please leave my house.

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Needs some reworking.

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thonck

Thonck I Need the Yopyop Sauce VIP

Minecraft:
    Hey there!

I'm sure this has been suggested countless times, but I want to give my take on the idea of Backpacks in Wynncraft. I've come up with a unique system that should hopefully be balanced and solve the issue of having too little inventory space.

Every 10 levels, you are given the ability to buy a larger Backpack. Here's how that would work:
    Level 15: Tiny Backpack - 6 Slots - 1 EB (64 emeralds)
    Level 30: Small Backpack - 12 Slots - 4 EB (256 emeralds)
    Level 45: Medium Backpack - 18 Slots - 16 EB (1024 emeralds)
    Level 60: Large Backpack - 24 Slots - 1 LE (4096 emeralds)
    Level 75: Giant Backpack - 30 Slots - 4 LE (16384 emeralds)

Every 15 levels, you are able to use a larger backpack. This means if you aren't the appropriate level, you will not be able to use that backpack. This will prevent players with a higher-level class to buy their lower-level classes good backpacks.

Here's where you can buy each backpack:
    Tiny Backpacks: Detlas
    Small Backpacks: Almuj
    Medium Backpacks: Nesaak
    Large Backpacks: Troms
    Giant Backpacks: Cinfras

Backpacks can be bought at a Backpack Merchant, which will be found in most major towns or cities. The lower the backpack level, the more towns or cities contain that backpack. For example, a Tiny Backpack can be bought at all Backpack Merchants, and a Large Backpack can be bought at all Backpack Merchants in a level 60 location (excluding Troms which is level 55) or higher.

Backpacks really need to be in the game. If you're a mage, you probably have less to worry about since you don't need 10 potions in your inventory at all times, but any other class likely knows the feeling of having no empty space left. The Economy Update added tons of items, which is good for us, but not good for our inventories.

A Human likes this.
  2. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Damn thats op for 4 le

I don't think you need 30 item slots

SUPER M likes this.
  3. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Material / Ingredient backpack is probably a good solution to the inventory clutter of 1.18, but I'm not a big fan of a backpack for other items. If you need more inventory spaces without ingrefients or materials, that's just bad inventory management.

A material backpack would, in my idea, really just be a justification for the weight system. Not saying the weight system should be changed or deleted, but making it like a backpack would be a lot more bearable than it is now. Not sure if that would be a permanent backpack with option to look into it on the hotbar or just one in your inventory (and getting a second backpack wouldn't affect carrying limit), but I can see a materials backpack getting added.

Ingredients backpack is also a pretty good idea, kinda strange I haven't heard much about it. Would different tiers of backpack be able to hold different tiers of ingredients (say, lv 15 backpack holds tier 0, lv 30 tier 0 and 1, lv 45/60 tier 0-2 and so on), or would just backpack space be affected? Again, where in the inventory is the backpack? Maybe a few ideas to think about.

As for the backpacks themselves, I don't fully agree on the way you've spaced the space out. 30 extra slots is a lot, more than doubling your inventory (which is 29 iirc), which is usually already big enough. The cost is kinda weird as well, starting of incredibly cheap for lv 15 to very expensive (in comparison) for lv 60. Maybe they shouldn't be bought for emeralds either, although dungeon shops are already full enough as is. Maybe you get a backpack once (like horses) and then upgrade it in some way (preferrably not money, maybe profession levels? 1 extra slot per 50 levels, starting out with 6 and a max of 30 at all professions lv 100? idk)

just some things to think about, i've seen better backpack suggestions but I give this one a 6/10

TheSaltyArrow and Tsukiji like this.
  4. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    hecking dang

5. AJJJJJJJJJJJJ

AJJJJJJJJJJJJ Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Not disagreeing (because i really need this ) but wouldn't it make bank spaces useless? afterall, a bank page filled with backpacks is much cheaper than several bank space

6. HyperHypa

HyperHypa UWU

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    maybe you can't put it in your bank if it's filled with anything

7. kojirobin

kojirobin ♧ the local (broke) emerald dealer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    At the start, I can see these give too much slots for such a cheap price. These definitely need to be more pricy if it's not going to be overpowered.

This also makes the buffs given to the bank seem like it was for nothing. This is the biggest problem backpacks have, if they were implemented, they would be usef and abused so much that banks wouldn't be necessary (especially with the total of 55 slots in your inventory you could get at endgame, makig backpacks have 5 more slots than the normal inventory, 25 slots) and this would possibly break the game and the economy.

Backpacks were a no-no all this time in the game, and now it could only serve the use of material storage before going to a bank. (And in my opinion, backpacks would decrease the weight and space that materials normally take.)

This is why I'm saying no to your suggestion, and believe so that any change you did probably wouldn't change my answer. (Don't refrain from suggesting other ideas though, I'm just here to criticise what you're presenting and not to discourage you from thinking of ideas for the game.)

8. Mrcubix17

Mrcubix17 Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Using emerald for more Storage is too easy for end-game players, however, how about using materials as bart suggested (that we could farm on any mobs, it would just have a very low drop rate, probably as low as legend or something like that) & emeralds (higher price than here, like x64 the prices) then, it would be more challenging to get those precious slots.

The maximum number of slots should be 9. (of course it should be more expensive than getting a white horse cause it's OP)
    The numbers of backpacks in inventory is of course limited to 1/players.
    And why not some quest as a requirement for each upgrades.

9. kojirobin

kojirobin ♧ the local (broke) emerald dealer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What Bart means is backpacks that store materials, not bought with them.

10. Mrcubix17

Mrcubix17 Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Oh my bad, yeah it could be cool, as i have 2 banks pages full of mats

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.