Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World We Need Backpacks Or Shulker Boxes

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by DeathGrim_Reaper, Apr 17, 2019.

?

inventory is too small we need more space backpacks or shulker boxes

1. backpacks

93.8%
  2. shulker boxes

6.3%
  3. Donkeys with a chest

12.5%
  4. Mules with a chest

6.3%
  5. neither

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeathGrim_Reaper

DeathGrim_Reaper Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    inventory is too small we need more space backpacks or shulker boxes.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  2. ParkourTNT

ParkourTNT Wynncraft has houses in the 1.20 update :D HERO

Minecraft:
    The only problem with backpacks is how overpower they are, but if it was only 9 slots and you can only have one backpack and making it not possible to trade with, then it won't be overpowered.
    Also, backpacks only for materials will be cool.

kojirobin and Zerzav like this.
  3. Zerzav

Zerzav Newbie Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I love this post and the backpack idea would be amazing if it were implemented.

I am new to the server and so far the fact that there isn't a backpack or way for emeralds to automatically convert into a block upon reaching 64 is a bit annoying and I have played my fair share of both Minecraft and MMORPGS. (WoW, RIFT, Runescape, ESO, BDO. To name a few)

I don't think this backpack idea would be hard to implement, I was thinking by removing the slot in the inventory right by the necklace slot with a backpack slot and there are a few ways this method could work:

1.) Backpacks in Tiers are given to the player (A quest unlocks to get one.) depending on their overall Level. (Profession Levels + Player Level.) For example If I hit a total Level of 100 I would receive a 10 slot bag and so forth. This would encourage players to work on professions as well.
    2.) Backpacks are rare drops. More rare than finding a Jewelry item in a cave chest. They could possibly drop from mobs as well. You could also give backpacks negative effects when worn like -10% walk speed and so forth depending on how much it can carry.
    3.) Backpacks are quest rewards that become available to complete for every 20 or X amount of levels the player has received. For example I have just hit Combat Level 20 and I now have access to a 10 slot backpack from a quest. (I could think of a few scenarios/quest ideas but I am just too lazy lol.)
    4.) Backpacks are buyable from bag merchants that could be added to every City or in hidden locations. If they are added in Cities for example Ragni will have a Bag Merchant that sells a simple bag while higher level Cities have merchants that sell higher quality bags.
    5.) You always owned a backpack, It works just like the bank where you can buy slots instead of pages with Emeralds.
    6.) Backpacks are a Donator only item that becomes available to you through the Compass or Quest book. VIP gets a 5 slot bag, VIP+ Gets a 10 slot, Hero Gets a 15 slot.

I could see where too many slots on a backpack could become a bit overpowered unless you battled it with some negatives like dropping 50% of the items in the bag on death and giving backpacks negative stat effects depending on the quality.
    Either way I would love to see Backpacks into the game although I don't see them being totally necessary.

NotFunny and kojirobin like this.
  4. Muchwag

Muchwag Don’t call me Poliwhirl! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You have a back pack, your inventory with 27 slots (-accessories) So if you have a problem with that just throw out some junk or use your bank. There are way too many of these threads and back packs shouldn’t be added

kojirobin likes this.
  5. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    can we please stop making backpack suggestions, also add a "neither" option on the poll.

kojirobin likes this.
  6. kojirobin

kojirobin ♧ the local (broke) emerald dealer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That would just break the EULA
    Backpacks are unnecessary, when banks have been buffed twice and fixed again and again in the last four or five updates. This made banks a lot more effective, now they have a lot of pages available to be bought as you level up and get money. And well to be honest the bank buffs might have been made for less backpack suggestions also.

Many towns now have banks in medium distance to grindy places, and with the economy update out, I think there should be more banks in faraway locations with crafting stations & refineries such as Elkurn, so adding backpacks as another source of banking space would make the game easier than it should really be.

It is also a thing about not trying to collect everything chests provide or everything mobs drop for use.
    Although your ideas are well-thought and I don't want to pressure you into trying to do nothing, the problem is the idea itself. Like I said in the previous message, when the bank buffs and new bank system is in use right now, backpacks would make storage too buffed and consequently make things easier.

1) Tiers on backpacks are what many players suggest in backpacks, and I think of them as pretty useless, because in the end game it would make a difference as much as it does at low-levels. And difference is difference in endgame.
    2) Having them as rare drops wouldn't really change things. Not much, at least. Like another person said, if they were actually added, I'd rather it be an untradable item or maybe very very rare. Or at least underpowered. (Not that I think they would ever add it...)
    3) Reread: Point 1 + Point 2
    4) This is so far the worst kind of suggestion (no offense, worst for the game is what I mean) for backpacks since buying them from cities or banks would make it so common and overpowered if you combine it with other points you suggested (such as point 1).
    5) Lorewise, the inventory is your backpack and your hotbar are your items in hand. It just doesn't work out.
    6) This obviously breaks the Minecraft EULA so there is absolutely no way this makes it in the game. EULA being the sole reason xp buffs and the VIP Town by the Detlas Suburbs was removed.

Your ideas are overall applicable on some conditions but like I have repeated more than I should have, banks exist, banks were buffed, banks are good now.

7. Zerzav

Zerzav Newbie Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I see where you are coming from and yes backpacks are not necessary it just saves me the hassle of throwing 4 healing potions out of my inventory to loot items in a chest.
    I am also new so I don't know what the old storage system was but the storage system they have now is fairly nice, Also I didn't know Mojang changed their EULA. I am a returning player to Minecraft after finding out a server was developed to make the game fun again. I remember when Pay2W was heavy on servers haha.

I guess backpacks aren't required. I hope they make crafting/professions awesome or good someday tho.

8. kojirobin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The thing to do when that happens is to frequently visit towns/banks. And just dropping underleveled or no-starred ingredients from your ingredients. And if you have many unidentified items you can just visit the item identifiers again and again.

If you don't want to pick up a lot of items then you can just fill your inventory with emeralds.

It's just travel planning and inventory organisation, that's all it is to fix this issue in my opinion.
    Heh. I mainly want more banks because 1.18 exists and basically Elkurn is useless unless you carry all your materials & ingredients with you, and Elkurn is so far away from banks, and Nesaak (for low leveled players) is too high-leveled, and also pretty far. (This is not really the place to talk about this though.)

Zerzav likes this.
  9. DeathGrim_Reaper

Minecraft:
    I said backpacks or shulker boxes. shulker boxes have been implemented into the game since 1.9.
    why is everyone talking about backpacks I was suggesting backpacks and shulker boxes.

10. DeathGrim_Reaper

Minecraft:
    your inventory is too small especially when you do quests
    make shulker boxes rare loot or buy it at shops and on death, you could lose the shulker box inventory and make it so you can't trade it

SUPER M likes this.
  11. kojirobin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Shulker boxes are avoided because you can't place & break blocks in the game, so shulker boxes would be stupid, and it would take a lot of code to make them placable & breaker, even use them as a backpac/storage system.

I talked about all this in my messages. Just go to the bank & blacksmith, sell your items, keep the ones that are good in your bank.

We. really. don't. need. backpacks.

12. DeathGrim_Reaper

Minecraft:
    if you know what you're doing it won't take that long to code. and you need to read before you post stuff and when you are doing Quests you do run out of inventory space.

13. DeathGrim_Reaper

Minecraft:
    donkeys are in the game why can't we use them. they have a chest on them?
    and have you seen the map it's huge and another thing not many people good at navigation

14. ParkourTNT

ParkourTNT Wynncraft has houses in the 1.20 update :D HERO

Minecraft:
    The problem with backpacks is how overpower they can be, sure you might want it so you don't need to go to the bank every time your inventory is full. But alot of playerrs will abuse the backpacks to get alot of emeralds much faster (Loot runs and seveal reefs).
    The space for bank is pretty helpful, you don't need to think alot on what to throw and put in your bank anymore because of the huge space they add. So, when your inventory is full go back to the bank.
    When you are doing quests be sure to empty your inventory before going, and don't focus on killing unnecessary mobs or doing professions.
    Adding backpacks is better than donkeys....

15. DeathGrim_Reaper

Minecraft:

with backpacks, it will not be that overpowered if you control how many slots are available

SUPER M likes this.
  16. SkellySniper

SkellySniper In a permanent state of necro

Minecraft:
    I feel like the pro-backpack arguments aren't really being put together well.
    As a veteran player, I've always found inventory space to be the biggest issue, and yes I know banks were buffed but total storage isn't the thing that bothers me. Having inventory space has always been a pain. If you get on to grind for emeralds, you kinda just want to hang out at a grinding spot. Personally, whenever I grind, at least half of my time is spent running back and forth to cities, even with teleportation scrolls, and that's just lame.
    That being said, not everywhere suffers from that problem- Nesaak, for instance allows you to farm extremely close.
    Yes, people will use the backpacks to get emeralds faster. That's literally the point- it's really hard to farm emeralds without wasting a large amount of your time. Which is just boring, which is quite the opposite of what you want in a video game.

SUPER M likes this.
  17. kojirobin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Your first sentence is not correct. It takes a lot of time to code soemthing even when you know most codes and code types becuase there will be this specific idea you are trying to code and the time depends on how smiple it is. I read before I post, okay? I have gotten two of my classes to level 100+ already and I seldom had the problem of my inventory being full while doing quests because I always throw out the trash items from my inventory, and put the rest in the bank. It's not such a hard job to do, you just need to travel to a city and go to the enderchest. Pretty sure it's better than 'suggesting' backpacks or shulker boxes (which you wouldn't even be able to use) for the game and defending it instead of taking all the advice and counterarguments into consideration.

Coordinates do exist in the game so you can just F3 to find your way, and if you get stuck in a special room/place you could just /kill. It's not hard.

If it had too little slots it would be unnecessary, and people could still abuse a bit of money just by this 'controlled amount of slots'. Items can be worth a lot so an extra legendary to carry would be a profit nonetheless. And also banks would overrate the backpacks easily if it had little slots.

18. DeathGrim_Reaper

Minecraft:
    you can code it so you can open the shulker boxes or a backpack. open it in your hot bar exactly the same as you do to your compass.and if you don't have a horse you don't want to lose your soul points because it is a big map can be a waste of time going bank to bank and town to town it can get repetitive.

19. kojirobin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Killing yourself is only a viable option when you're stuck in a teleporter or an inaccessible location.

While banks exist in their current forms, backpacks are basically useless.

20. OGK

OGK The Grader CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This, despite the recent changes, does not need to be added at the current moment as there are plenty of ways to get around of this, inventory management, adventuring type, and careful selections.

Now, as I can understand that most common players have quite a hard time with this, or players who are new I should rather say, this does not mean that the more experienced or players who are used to item management, won't abuse this. Now, @DeathGrim_Reaper you really should take a look at how this would affect the entire community, not just one section. For people who can already extremely well manage their inventory, now having 9 extra slots at a cost on 1, is quite indeed very powerful. Plus, in lore, you already technically have either a backpack or a satchel, so adding ANOTHER one, will just be very redundant and just quite silly.

I am not saying that I do not see where you come from, as Wynncraft sometimes makes you feel like you NEED to carry every potion and EVERY tool at the same time, as well as saying that new people may not know what inventory management is. But rather, this is a skill that you learn as you go on and sometimes, you might as well just probably lose something of potential value.

Now, for the argument against why this shouldn't be really added.

Wynncraft themselves are quite aware of the Mods that are available for download and to be used. A good amount involves seeing the rarity of the item as it's on the ground without you having to really pick it up, or just in general how many Emeralds are on the ground, it really depends on the mod. But as it stands, this would just allow people to fill up on (say if you had 1 weapon, 1 potion, and 1 mana potion) 33 slots for potential Mythics or Legends, rather than before of 24. This is a massive difference in terms of your loot, and you can worry a lot less on which Legendary, or perhaps Mythic item, you pick up as certain levels have quite the amount of Legends.

This could really upset the current balance of the economy with a sudden inflow of Legends and Mythics, lowering demand and therefore, price, making some Legends or Mythics, way cheaper than they are right now, if not slightly.

As much as I personally would love the extra inventory space, it'll just cause a lot more problems than fix. Plus, as many others said, Banks have received a humongous buff recently that allows us with 12+ pages of storage, I can dedicate each page for a weapon type, armor, and accessory, and still have a page left for miscellaneous stuff. Before this update, you only had 1. This is mainly on why a lot of people are currently satisfied with what space they have.

Also, don't even get me started on Bank Classes, they also just help with this.

In short, Backpacks can break a lot more things than you think despite the idea seeming like a good idea.

Have a Good Day!
    -OGK

Tsukiji likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.