Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Add A Launch When You Jump Onto A Mob Similar To Smash Bros

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Nachos, Apr 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nachos

Nachos Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I was playing WynnCraft this morning and was thinking, why don't they add some sort of double jump like Super Smash Bros has to slightly stun an opponent and give you a bigger jump. So I coded something relatively simple to demonstrate it, (You can find it on Spigot if you search "BouncyMobs") Let me know what you all think! Personally, I believe it would be a fun addition.

ReneCZ likes this.
  2. OGK

OGK The Grader CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Problem with this, this would essentially take away the Archer's unique spell (Backflip) away, as well as making a ton of the parkour easy, and certain classes to just stun lock. It's just be straight up busted

3. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    EScAPe!!!11!1!1!1!11!1!1

4. kojirobin

kojirobin ♧ the local (broke) emerald dealer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's just a useless, unnecessary addition in my opinion because the game is not based around SSB or even related to it. And like it was said above, it would take away the uniqueness of Escape, and make many parkour objectives easier.

I say no to this idea, it is just too unrelated and unnecessary to be a thing.

5. Nachos

Minecraft:
    While I can see where everyone comes from on the Archer aspect, I don’t believe this would break parkour at all as to get a launch there has to be a mob’s head to jump on. I’m also too new to know what Escape is but i’m sure i’ll find out soon ;)

6. Nachos

Minecraft:
    I now realize that my wording was wrong, you can only double jump on top of a mobs head, not any time you like. Essentially, when you land on the mob's head you are launched off of them stunning them for a moment.

7. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you're too new to know what escape is then why are you even making a suggestion?

ItsFreakinHarry likes this.
  8. Nachos

Minecraft:
    I’m just suggesting something that I thought would be a fun part of the game.

brokenmotor likes this.
  9. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well if you don't fully understand how the game works how can you make good suggestions? What if something you're suggesting already was a part of the game?

Epicness937 likes this.
  10. OGK

OGK The Grader CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This is still easily abused, considering the classes that don't have a stun, now suddenly have one, making them really busted. Especially Warrior.

11. err0r

err0r wasting my time

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This doesn't fit wynncraft in any way. Wynncraft is an RPG, jumping on enimies is a typical Jump and Run mechanic, it would make Wynncraft feel like a Mario game

Epicness937, Spinel and SUPER M like this.
  12. ItsFreakinHarry

ItsFreakinHarry The Insane Suggestion Creator

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What I am about to say shouldn't deter you from thinking of suggestions and posting them, but do keep in mind that (in general) you should have a pretty good understanding of the game and its mechanics before suggesting a mechanical change such as this. A simple QoL improvement for a specific class or ability sure, but remember that each class is balanced around each other (inb4 "balance omegalul") and adding a feature to one class or every class could throw this balance out of sync. Learning all these mechanics takes time and generally you should spend time learning these mechanics before suggesting something like this. In this case, Archer receives an indirect nerf since the power it has with Escape is mitigated by the ability of every other class to, in certain situations, do what Escape does.

SUPER M likes this.
  13. OGK

OGK The Grader CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    We NeEd To BuFf MaGeS aNd NeRf AsSaSsInS!1!1!
    (I'm kidding)
    Either way, for this suggestion, yes, it would be fun and hilarious, but I don't really see a soldier... bouncing on top of monster's heads. It just doesn't seem right. Yes, we do questionable things, but they're usually like, once awhile things or such. Plus, I can 3/4 classes being able to abuse this heavily.

Insert Archer
    I can do that bounce on a head mechanic, shoot the enemy while looking straight down, and just kinda keep on doing that until they're dead. Cause you'll just be resetting the stun counter.

Insert Assassin
    ...Just... double jump on their head and spin attack... they can't do anything now.

Insert Mages
    ...Uh... meteor I guess? As you bounce on them?

Insert Warrior
    Bash bash bash bash bash jump jump jump and bash some more!

Those scenarios could happen, and it's just downright... gross.

14. Nachos

Minecraft:
    Ok, so revision due to criticism over the idea; only assassin gets to do this and it drains mana with every jump (i.e you can only do one or two before your mana is gone and it no longer works). It seems like an assassin thing to do tbh

15. OGK

OGK The Grader CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This would require giving all of the other classes something. This would also need a mana chart as well with cd and such.

With this being for Assassin, I can soons essentially jump on a grea, be a melee build, and do great damage.

16. Mmm

Mmm Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Double Jump: No
    Landing on a Mob and then do damage?: yes, Funny Meme Builds would be Epic

RogP likes this.
  17. kojirobin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    didn't know skeletons were bouncy

18. NotFunny

NotFunny Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree with everyone who said this wouldn't fit Wynncraft in general, but perhaps this could work for the "arcade"/puzzle type quests, for example,
    like the part where you have to disable the 6 war machines in Dwarves and Doguns Part II
    , or
    the cannon part in Galleons Graveyard
    , or
    the part where one needs to run through the sewers (Sewers of Ragni) before the water hits
    and we could implement it into a quest part where the player needs to run through obstacles and mobs...

19. kojirobin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Some parts in quests or cutscene it could be used but I think that the current state of quests/dungeons you suggested are fine, and I don't think devs should do coding for a small change that basically has the same function

20. MegidoGamerGod

MegidoGamerGod megido >gamer< god GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    adding something like this just because it seems cool is like saying "hey let's add fusing personas from persona to wynncraft because it seems cool." it's not something the game needs at all and it would just throw off the balance and be super out of place

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.