Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Translation Into Other Languages (french....)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Dark_Night_theo, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Night_theo

Dark_Night_theo Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Will there be a translation into another language of the quests

2. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's unlikely. The possibility is there, but that'd require a lot of work. Translating in itself isn't a problem, but we would have to create systems to handle the translation of items, text and basically everything. That takes a lot of time, and time is extremely precious to us as we need to work on other content.
    However, there are community made translations and you can find a bunch of quests translated on our official wiki!

Dexmio, A Human and DrBracewell like this.
  3. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  4. Lairgaf

Lairgaf Skilled Adventurer

5. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Tsukiji likes this.
  6. Lairgaf

Of course, if you don't search for a mod like this one you will not know its existance, it's being lazy when you wait until someone gives you the solution, if he/she had searched he/she found this mod. And, you didn't searched for it so ocf course you didn't know that real tile translation exists.

Anyway, we got the french translation wiki (wich i use sometimes).

7. ParkourTNT

ParkourTNT Wynncraft has houses in the 1.20 update :D HERO

Minecraft:
    Sadly it didn't work for NPCs means that it didn't work for quests. I clicked an NPC but it didn't translate it, but it can translate the chat, which is of course amazing!
    But, if you know how to write English which is pretty easy, then you can do this:
    2019-03-23_19.46.15.png
    Of course, it isn't perfect but it's better than nothing.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    Reminiscently and Tsukiji like this.
  8. Lairgaf

If i remember well there are 1 or 2 pthers mods (but i won't search because i don't need it)

9. Muchwag

Muchwag Don’t call me Poliwhirl! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree this would really help @jptheflip I think @Pokextreme would agree that french is good for members like jptheflip here since they are french

blow w and Pokextreme like this.
  10. Lairgaf

If i remember well, french and english are not the only languages kn the world, even if they translate everything only in french and spanish, it would be impossible to add it.

1) It will take too munch time (because there are some npc that aren't usefull and the items lore and more).

Ok you can say "then, translate only the quests" but it's kinda strabe to have the half of the game in french and the other in english. Oh, and they have to code this.

2) It will take too munch resources for the server.

3) Wtf are you doing on this server if you don't understant english ?

You can say "to add more pesons to the community", well, ok but wynncraft is already in the guiness world records so they have better to do i suppose.

11. ParkourTNT

ParkourTNT Wynncraft has houses in the 1.20 update :D HERO

Minecraft:
    I just want to point out that a lot of players play Wynncraft and they don't understand much of the game, just like how I used to do. But I can admit that without knowing English you won't understand a lot of things on the game, that's way I quit after playing for three months (two years ago) but returned after learning English.

On the topic of translation, it's not necessary for Wynncraft but I can say with confident that it will raise the quality of Wynncraft (more players). Still, I don't think it will ever be add but there might be someone on the future who will do a mod.

Or, you can just use google translation just like I used to do... :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.