Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Why Arent There New Classes Yet?

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Xeodus, Feb 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeodus

Xeodus Travelled Adventurer

?? I know about the items thing but you guys have done huge updates whats the real reason? ive played all the classes and have gotten bored of all of them it would be great to have another class i can play

TalkingKittyCat likes this.
  2. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Classes take a lot of time to create. They have to balance against other classes, fit into the lore, etc. - not to mention creating a few hundred weapons for the class.

3. WynnChairman

WynnChairman Chairman of Wynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    tbf the game has been around for pretty long now tho so you'd think they'd maybe have done something like that in like 5+ years

4. Xeodus

thats what i was thinking lol, sure it takes a long time but look at all the major updates they have done. Lore can come later just a cool playable class would be nice. it can start with a few weapons to, noone expects 5000+ weapons and full lore just, something

5. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Because the code used to create classes are extremely old and hard to recreate in the same fashion, it would take a lot of coding anyways, a few hundred items would have to be made for the class, a few dozen skins and gear skins for it, and a lot of testing to make sure that attacking actually works, making sure the new classes and its spells are balanced, making sure that killing every mob in the game that is meant to be killed is killable with this class by normal means, and so much more.

If the CT was, I don't know, double or triple the size this could be a foreseeable possibility, but right now a new class + a major update would be too much.

6. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    Except in general people do expect finished content which would mean:
    Integrated into the lore
    Balanced
    Lots of options for build types
    Weapons
    Etc.

Heres a quote from salted about new classes:
    "Adding a new class would be cool and we had ideas for that for a while (i'll tell more later in this post), but keep in mind the challenge to add a single new class:

First, we'd have to, of course, code it and design it. By itself it's already a good amount. Then, we need to add 20 basic weapon models (which before we dropped 1.8, was impossible as we were missing space in the pack unless we made them 1.9+ only). We'd also need to make a new weapon type of every crate cosmetic weapon skins (at least 10 high quality models) Then, we need to make around 300+ weapons and balance them properly. Then, we need to update every quest reward that gives weapon as rewards, or use classes (like the new tutorial) in any way. Then, we need to add new materials/recipes or professions to allow crafting these weapons. And we gotta keep in mind the classes are very important to the story, even Bob's lore is linked to it. That'd be the easiest bit to update (ToL statues, armour stand in ragni castle, etc), but still worth mentionning.

And if we don't do all that in one go, it means we rushed the update from the player's point of view. Anyway I'm not sure which part of that we could drop without it hurting the new class significantly. Overally my point is that it's a shit ton of work that would require almost the whole team full time attention on this. It'd be rad as hell though, I agree! We might do it in the future, we got a lot of ideas."

7. Xeodus

Its been years thats the thing, it takes long every good thing does. Quests and stuff just aint fun for me and theres hardly any new dungeons either. I want to come back but i would expect after so long there would be alot more classes no matter how hard it is. Classes are a important part to these types of games and dungeons.

8. saltii

saltii Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Can’t just say “why aren’t there most classes it would be good” and BOOM new classes.

Not how it works mate. Also it may be unfun for you but I think a majority of the Wynn community are okay with for classes, salted needs to think of
    the needs of the majority. And I don’t think that need is a new classes any time in the near future

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.