Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Profession Quests - 24 Supporters

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Darkolythe, Jan 19, 2019.

?

Should we have profession quests?

1. Yeah!

27 vote(s)
    79.4%
  2. Maybe?

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  3. Nah!

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkolythe

Darkolythe Suspicious HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Realistically, in the real world, people would always be in need of a master armoursmith. Why not in Wynn? It would be a nice way to get xp! Imagine Wynn combat levels but without quests. That's basically what we have right now except for professions.
    Let's get some professions quests / tasks in here!

NOTE: they would give you their respective PROFESSION XP. NOT COMBAT XP

Some Examples:
    King whatever needs a noble helmet as his last one was lost in his pet bear as he was petting it. Make him a new one!
    Merchant meyron needs 20 wands to sell in Fruma.
    A nobleman wants to propose to his wife, but he couldnt find the ring he wanted!
    A peasant wants to scam somebody, craft him a potion of gullible-ness to make scamming easier!
    A meaningful holiday can finally happen because we can cook for the whole town now!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    WilsonKry, coolname2034 and Kraby like this.
  2. Thunderblood

Thunderblood Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    It would also be a way of teaching new players (or anyone) how to craft certain items

3. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    No.

The professions are unneccessary bonuses. You can get to level 100 without crafting a single thing after the tutorial. This would make the professions way more important. More than bonuses.

Stycore likes this.
  4. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

No, Profession Leveling is meant to be different from Combat Leveling, it's meant to be grindy, and useful and worth the grind in the end, this would defeat the purpose of you having to be beneficial to yourself, you just keep doing favors for people and get money from it, and not to mention the extra xp you get from both the crafting and the quest.

5. Alex1

Alex1 Alex HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think it would be better if it rewarded profession xp instead of combat xp, so u can have periodic breaks from gathering if you have enough materials

WilsonKry, BerriiBunnii and Druser like this.
  6. Darkolythe

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The professions aren't unnecessary bonuses. They are now a part of the main game. Sure you can get through the game without them, but you can *also* get through the game without doing a single dungeon or quest.
    Professions are a part of the game, and adding quests for them wouldn't change how you can still avoid them.

WilsonKry, SUPER M and Alex1 like this.
  7. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

No, I mean prof xp, you'd basically get double the xp because crafting the item and the xp reward for doing the quest, so it basically "hey you want to get dxp for no extra effort? Talk to me and let me use useful ingredients and exchange them for money and undeserved extra xp despite this update trying to "improve" the economy by gathering and trying to remove fetch quest!"

8. Darkolythe

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah, but some quests are like that anyways. Professions go all the way to 130, and there are 12 of them. There is only one combat level, so its only fair that professions get a bit of a boost. Plus, it makes a lot of sense in a realistic way. If you have a skill, other people will require it.

9. badbvnny

badbvnny Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Maybe give the "quests" to a few NPCs distributed through in the world and they reset every 24h?

10. Behem07h

Behem07h Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    However, the same thing applies to combat quests as well. “hey you want some dxp and emeralds for no extra effort? talk to me and help me kill some mobs and exchange that for money and undeserved extra xp”
    Examples of this kind of quest:
    Temple of legends
    Sewers of ragni
    Tower of ascension
    Almost all the dungeon quest

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    coolname2034 likes this.
  11. Darkolythe

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    isn't this just a mini-quest?

12. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

Exactly, Professions are NOT meant to be quested for, you have to use what you craft yourself and sell it to real people, we're trying to fix the economy, help players get wealth in more effortful ways, Combat XP Quests had some major emerald reward changes, they wanted to deflate the money from quests and make the player do something instead of doing a simple task and getting much more wealth.

13. saltii

saltii Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I was legit thinking this same thing yesterday when I noticed from50-60 even with dpxp my xp only went up by 1/2% each time, that’s still a lot at 50-60. Imagine the grind at 100

coolname2034, H0Y and Darkolythe like this.
  14. Darkolythe

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I’ve been hearing a lot of talk about how the new update is super grindy, and that there is no goal for profession levels. Just another reason to add profession quests! They could be fun too!

H0Y likes this.
  15. ich_iel

ich_iel Bruder muss los

Great idea!

But instead of those craft-me-those-things-quests, which are basically fetch quests with extra steps, maybe something like a "training" quest, to make the player "master" a profession? In the sense, that the player goes to a master blacksmith or something to become better at crafting, idk. It's kind of unrealistic that the player is able to become a master without any outside influences.
    This kind of "mastery" could be required to use extremely high level ingredients or something, I'm not great at making suggestions though.

I understand Benjin's argument that the professions are there, to fix the economy. So resetable miniquests would be wrong in my opinion, but a one-time quest wouldn't break the economy that much, would it.

BerriiBunnii and coolname2034 like this.
  16. Behem07h

Behem07h Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    There are some main quests which are pretty much just “kill some mobs and come back to me” quests. I named some of the ones i could think of off the top of my head in the reply i made which u replied to

17. SaltyKing

SaltyKing Banana CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think these would be cool as Side quests.
    Even though wynn doesn't have a main continues story line like some other games.

So quests that are based on your profession levels and give said profession xp (And possibly materials or ingredients (NOT EMERALDS) For example the guy who you get the wedding ring for is like "Before my uncle died he was a Ring maker (you could fit that into the quest). You remind me much of him and I'm sure he would have wanted to give some of his base materials to an aspiring young master like yourself" . Then gives you X amount of Y ).

Would be awkward to fit them into the quest book unless they were on their own section since they should be based on profession not combat like the other quests.

ich_iel and Druser like this.
  18. Darkolythe

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah. no emerald rewards. I was thinking ingredient rewards, and profession xp (whatever profession that quest focused on).
    I definitely think that there should be no quest book for these, but instead... maybe some sort of "Help wanted" sign in every town, or maybe not even that. Maybe you just actually have to talk to NPCs for once. (and I'm not talking about accidentally clicking on them while trying to cast a spell)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.