Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Guilds Impose A Guild War Cooldown After Leaving A Guild

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by meadow, Jan 4, 2019.

?

Yes or no?

1. Yes (+1)

63.7%
  2. Yes, but with some changes (+0.5)

8.8%
  3. No (+0)

27.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bramblesthatcat

Bramblesthatcat Just a cat trying to be bing chilling CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is clearly becoming one big jab at valk and other mega alliances that have used this strategy to hold the map.
    Its not is being selfish and greedy, it’s just the reality of guild wars. And you have no right to say what is easy or not for the staff to accomplish, as you don’t know how long it takes for features to be made and implemented. And isn’t your guild taking territory from other guilds also “hurting others to benefit [youselves]”? Why is it different when we do the same thing?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Yuno F Gasai likes this.
  2. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:

3. meadow

meadow STILL #1 AS warrer // Abusing databases since 2018 CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You are making your opposers stand almost no chance tho.

1. Cool.
    2. That's a permission that they shouldn't have for the sake of fairness. Almost I didn't say outrule subguilds, I said impose a guild join war cooldown to combat subguilds.

4. Photor

Photor Marchionesss of the Foxes HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wowzers this popped up. To put it out there first, I do own the sub Ram Ranch, but it hasn't been used in ages. Personally I am against this. I command wars in Fox and to add more guilds to the situation makes it all the more fun. When you have to make strategies and place troops and people more fun comes out of the more layers you add. And upon that subguilds take some strategy to use as well. You cant spread yourselves too thin, you cant keep too many people clumped together. Subguilds just add a whole new layer to warring and thats what keeps me playing this game. I understand its frustrating when the subs are pulled out, I've had to fight against that myself, but I feel as right now unless something new comes of warring subguilds are the current answer. Just because a guild uses subs it doesn't mean that they dont participate at all in intra-guild relations, we still perfectly communicate and have fun with other people despite subs being used.

dotGenco and Bramblesthatcat like this.
  5. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But this makes your opposers stand no chance either. This is just trying to make an advantage for people who don’t use alts.
    You’re even saying it’s okay if it’s unfair. And implementing this change has alot of repercussions for subguilds, which is close to outlawing them.

DeathLucifer likes this.
  6. orange0402

orange0402 I got exposed by pyro VIP

Minecraft:
    bro someone answer my mans question i want to know too

7. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've just cleaned up this thread, if you want to debate about guild politics you can do that elsewhere but right here it is off-topic and getting into argument territory.

Bramblesthatcat, H0Y, Salkasm and 6 others like this.
  8. hppeng

hppeng 0 intel is the correct amount of intel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  9. FliegendeWurst34

FliegendeWurst34 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm pretty sure youre talking about subguilds and not the idea that was actually supposed to be discussed?

orange0402 likes this.
  10. Icey_Diamond

Icey_Diamond ♛ Icey_Diamond - Digital Artists CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Let's just focus on the topic of the thread already.

WithTheFish and Bramblesthatcat like this.
  11. hppeng

hppeng 0 intel is the correct amount of intel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:

12. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Subguilds are a large part of the repercussions of this idea, and there’s a large part of the idea that is a jab at other alliances. So talking about it is inevitable

13. DeathLucifer

DeathLucifer Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    k like art said himself why not valk talk about the actual idea. k lets see VnE Mst KCr what does Olympus and SOL think since they use them as well I think its a strat I dont like it but it is a strat removing it isnt normal you will be screwing new people may even if they are minorities they are still players this whole idea needs to either be reworded or a whole new thread posted by someone who wont be putting as much bias and pointing fingers at alliances.

this thread is bias to Olympus and anti valk.
    showing only Imperial lets show VnE with them going back and forth sending and taking members from Hax
    we get imperial does it by why do we not talk about the allies you work with or is it not important because you aren't facing them?

14. orange0402

orange0402 I got exposed by pyro VIP

Minecraft:
    ok i think that they should be bannable

also this really still isn't talking about the idea of the thread but ok

15. ShawolStena

ShawolStena ME Member, xsm Leader, & SDU Co-Leader HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Though this thread has potential, I feel that it is targetting a certain group of people. Going off of what Viaire said, people should be able to join guilds freely but have a war cooldown, let's say about 4 hours. Sometimes people in Wynncraft enjoy being able to take part of a couple different guilds at a time, which requires constant guild hopping. This wouldn't be fair to them.

Hei and DeathLucifer like this.
  16. meadow

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Don't you all umderstund that the part of the suggestion that is being called "a jab at other alliances" is just an introduction to the topic. Suggestions doesn't come from nowhere, I see an issue and try to propose a solution to make wynn more fun to play.

All we've got here are people here discussing guild politics, making accusations, debating about alliances as well as criticising other anti-valk alliances that did nothing wrong. But nearly no one criticised about the suggestion which is the main course.

I now respectfully request you all to focus on the suggestion and cease any discussions that does not belong to this thread such as individual guilds or alliance issues.

17. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The suggestion is abusable. People have said it previously and it’s showing bias to certain guilds. That’s an inherent part of this suggestion that we can’t talk about the suggestion and NOT bring it up.

Ascended Kitten and DeathLucifer like this.
  18. meadow

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Please elaborate.

19. KLuebbert

KLuebbert Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    As someone who is entirely unaffiliated with guild politics, it seems 0x7cf noticed a potential flaw in the guild design in Wynncraft, where it's possible players can abuse the mechanic, and cause serious or annoying consequences. I don't feel like this thread is an attack towards anybody, so with this point in mind, I would like to explain what side I agree with, yes or no.

I believe a 'yes' from me is in order. I am sure there are people who enjoy leaving and quickly rejoining guilds as a source of fun, or humor, and I am sure some people do it responsibly. Although I'd hate to punish those people's freedom, because Wynncraft has a large and diverse population, if something like this can be easily abused to where there is screenshot evidence of someone leaving and joining 9 times in such a short span of time, then I feel rules are necessary for those who cannot be responsible with their privileges.

Anyways, this is my opinion, I am not siding with anyone on this thread, nor am I attacking anybody - Thank you for reading.

20. Bramblesthatcat

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I meant to elaborate but I was dumb and pressed reply, my full response was posted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.