Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Guilds Impose A Guild War Cooldown After Leaving A Guild

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by meadow, Jan 4, 2019.

?

Yes or no?

1. Yes (+1)

63.7%
  2. Yes, but with some changes (+0.5)

8.8%
  3. No (+0)

27.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meadow

meadow STILL #1 AS warrer // Abusing databases since 2018 CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It was brought to my attention that quite a lot of guilds make use of alt-guilds in order attack other guilds as well as holding territories for their main guild and transfer players from the main guild. Below is an example:

upload_2019-1-4_21-21-53.png

The above player changed guilds for 9 times within 16 days, which is quite unbelievable.

As guild wars, in my point of view, are more like guild vs guild or alliance vs alliance, which relies on a guild's activity and their relationships with other guilds, such guild hopping behavior doesn't really justify as 'guild wars'. It's merely 'tactically take over the map', which kills the fun for other guilds. I guess the spawn rate in wars is capped at 4 people for a reason, and the use of alt-guilds is actually breaking this limit, and I think it's unfair to others.

So here's my suggestion: Impose a guild war cooldown and here is how it works:
    After a player leave or being kicked from a guild, they can't join guild wars including /gu attack for a designated period of time, say 24 hours. Players whose guild was disbanded will not be affected, i.e. they can join another immediately.

Why does this make sense? Because a guild can't wait 24 hours before their former members get into the alt-guild and finally start warring, therefore kills the problem of using alt-guilds to war, and make the whole game more fair to fellow players.

This will also make people consider which guild to join more carefully since they will suffer an addition penalty apart from 3 soul points if they leave.

EDIT: If you vote for no, would you mind telling me why?

EDIT: Players can re-join their original guild and war without having to wait.

EDIT: Creating a guild instead of joining an exist one to war is also subjected to the cooldown.

EDIT: It was also brought to my attention that some alliances "lend" members to their allies in order to take territories faster, effectively creating a "guild of guilds", which I don't think should be what guilds are like.
    upload_2019-2-9_4-31-20.png

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  2. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would say that penalty should apply to only people to join different guilds, not people who leave, then rejoin their own guild later. I would put some things to make it like this:

You can leave your guild and join another guild without any time in between if you did it once within two weeks.
    Otherwise pass that first change, you can't change your guild affiliation again until two weeks later.

Example.

Bob is in a guild. He leaves it and changes to a different guild without time in between.
    Bob decides to change guild again, but cannot join another guild again because he already did once within two weeks.

Another Example

Bob is in a guild. He leaves it and rejoins his guild without joining a different guild. He does this again because some misc reason. He can keep joining and rejoining his guild because of some reason.

3. meadow

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree that the player should be able to re-join their original guild immediately after they leave/ are kicked, but I still think that the 24 hour delay for switching guilds will be best to combat alt-guilding.

4. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think it should be longer because they switch guilds about everyday, so waiting a few extra hours wouldn’t be a problem, unlike a few days.

In the example you gave, that player switched guild about everyday.

EDIT: I meant waiting a few extra hours wouldn't be a problems for alters

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  5. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    they shouldnt get to join instantly if theyre kicked lol

6. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean they won't be invited back so yeah.

7. meadow

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If they are kicked by error they should have the right to join back immediately

8. IHyperAceI

IHyperAceI black holes are spinny CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    can the same be applied to creating guilds too?

meadow likes this.
  9. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Drew1011 what would you think of this? I'm quite curious because of this is something involving Imp.

Bramblesthatcat likes this.
  10. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ??????

I never said anything of that. No need getting defensive. I just wanna ask their thoughts.
    Wait I am big idiot because Drew is leader of Kingdom of Foxes. Sorry for tagging you.

Ok going to tag the Imp leader for their thoughts.

Bramblesthatcat likes this.
  11. Viaire

Viaire Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why not have a cooldown on wars? Like if you join another guild that player can't be teleported into wars in that guild for 6 hours or something?

meadow likes this.
  12. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's actually a good idea! This would solve the issue of people guild hopping to use feeding guilds, and allow people who switch guilds a lot to talk to friends.

Ignores the Leader

EDIT: Oh yeah, the people who make guilds at first to war with friends will be screwed. But if there is a guild joining timer will screw guild hoppers who talk to friends.

13. Viaire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just make it so it doesn't apply to new players or new guilds. Or make it so that upon leaving your last guild you cannot war for 6 hours

14. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think just alt guilds in general should be banned, if you know who I am you might be surprised, but you're right alt guilds do make the game less fun, when this happened I was hesitant to go through with it, usually if I join another guild to war (which is rare) it's a friend's guild and I just do it to have fun with a few exceptions in the past I'm not particularly proud of. But I actually belong to two guild communities for the simple fact that I care about them both and I have friends in both, so I will sometimes join one of the two for fun, I will war if I can, but I don't join just to war, being in guilds on discord and in game are pretty different. With this being said I would like to bring up a counter argument against alt guilds for the sake of playing devil's advocate, everyone has equal access to "alt" guilds you can go over to Cinfras and buy one for 5 le you would just need someone to own it and I think if someone is willing to go through with that there shouldn't be a problem, if they want to make a guild purely for helping others in their alliance perhaps and also sometimes people just use them to war more efficiently with the whole map thing going on, the fact that the guilds with claims want it to be peaceful but as always in a game with fighting, there are still wars where people can come attack you, you attack back and it's fun, yes you don't want to get wiped, but you run that risk if you violate agreements and peace. The guilds with a higher level and higher amount of active players control certain areas because they can and because that's how they decide to play the game, they worked hard to get to this point and if you don't like the way people are doing things and the last resort is to go on the forums then you don't have to play the game. I added some extra information I just wanted bring to light in case someone has an issue with it and wants to talk to me but overall I think this whole argument was executed wrong, people who switch guilds aren't the problem, alt guilds are and I would be happy to have something be done about them, maybe just from this point on switching to an ALT guild just to war should be a punishable offense not switching to a different, actual guild to war, there's a difference between helping someone else war and helping yourself war by doing it twice as fast the point of an alt guild is to get back territories faster without having an alt in another guild thus breaking the rules, just my opinion. And this is just alt guilds which are easy to spot, guilds that have maybe one member, very inactive and if someone joins just to war then leaves, that is the thing that should be punishable, that's the thing that should be frowned upon.
    yeah the use of alt guilds is pretty rare (still not a fan) but yes surprise surprise friends tend to want to help friends so like I said in my 10 page research paper on the topic, lol, there shouldn't be a cool down for joining guilds, instead, alt guilds should just be discouraged

15. meadow

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1. It's the minority
    2. They can ask their captains to attack a territory so they can war
    3. If a player is in a guild that doesn't war/got no one online to attack for an extensive period, they have chosen the wrong guild. Now take your consequences and be smart.

16. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    To answer the last question Valk is just an alliance of friends even if we all get wiped to 0 and we never have anymore territories on the map, as long as everyone there stays friends Valk won't be considered to have fallen.

DeathLucifer likes this.
  17. meadow

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    While the thread is centered towards wars, I would also like my suggestion to do more than killing alt-guilds, such as promoting loyalty to guilds. Your point works, I appreciate that, but I would like to keep my suggestion as it is.

18. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You still have to account for them, not be your criticism is not valid. Those new players still need an enjoyable experience too.

hppeng and DeathLucifer like this.
  19. Viaire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    For the war aspects I agree with your suggestion but I feel your suggestion is to invasive to other aspects of guilds such as recruitment. Many players come from inactive guilds and as such want to be able to join guilds they've applied for instantly rather than waiting even more time

20. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    But...tactically taking over the map is guild wars? Until guilds get an update, the entire point of guilds is to just take territories. People doing it tactically doesn't take away from what it is, it's essentially the very core of warring: Using smart tactics to overcome your enemies.

Yuno F Gasai, dotGenco, H0Y and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.