Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

The Gavellian Exchange - Economy / Trading - 80% Positive

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Pyronucleic, Dec 6, 2018.

?

Would you like this to be implemented?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    63.8%
  2. Yes, but maybe add a thing or two ....

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. No, but it would be better if....

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  4. No.

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyronucleic

Pyronucleic Well-Known Adventurer

Anyone who's ever played Runescape knows how much of a rip off this is lol

Main Concept

The main idea is a place where you can sell and / or buy any item you want in a very simple way. This makes trading easier for everyone who doesnt have a mythic. The way it works is you can enter any item to buy and any item to sell, and then you submit an amount.

When someone sells an item, it temporarily goes to the vault where it waits to be sold. If any player submits to buy an item, and they have enough to buy your item, it will automatically buy. The item is then given to the buyer, and a few of the buyers emeralds go to you.

Main Menu
    The menu has 4 sections: BUY, SELL, COLLECT, and RETRIEVE.
    BUY contains the form you go through in order to buy an item.
    SELL goes through the form you need in order to sell an item.
    COLLECT is an inventory which contains all the items you bought but havent yet collected.
    RETRIEVE contains all the items you offered but were never bought.

The Main Menu would look something like this:
    [​IMG]

Buy
    Upon pressing BUY, you are brought to a menu where you type in an items exact name. You then type in an amount of emeralds you wish to buy with. Upon completing this, you lose your emeralds and they are put into your collect vault. If there is an item being sold for a cheap enough price, the game will subtract that price from the emeralds in your collect vault, and add the item to your collect vault.

In order to make sure everyone gets a chance, the game will add a 5 emerald range and put in all the items being offered. Then, it will determine which sellers sell the least, and give them more shares in a draw, while the ones who sell the most will get the least shares. Whoever wins the draw sells. This will balance out how many items people sell, as to where lowering the cost by 1 emerald wont cut making your items cheaper. Also, the balance could also be scewed by how long the item has been there, where older items have a larger chance of being sold.

It will also remove the item from the sellers retrieve vault and throw some emeralds into their collect vault.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sell
    Upon pressing SELL, you are brought to a menu where you can select an item to sell it. After clicking the item, you will be asked how much you wish to sell it for.

Once you finished both steps, the item is up for selling. It is thrown into your retrieve vault, and if you ever want to cancel the offer, you can simply take it from your retrieve vault. If it is ever bought, you will lose the item and find a few emeralds in your collect vault.

[​IMG]

Collect / Retrieve
    Both of these are vaults / banks / inventories which hold items you can collect at any time. COLLECT holds all the items you've bought, including emeralds gained from selling items. RETRIEVE includes all the emeralds you would have bought an item with, along with items you hadn't yet bought. You can take items in / out of the menu at any time. Upon selling / retrieving and item, it is removed from the Gavellian Exchange system entirely.

[​IMG]

Gear Control

When selecting buy, there is an option to find the best deal, or the REVIEW option allowing you to look through items. When you select the review option, you get a 6 row chest with the 56 best deals, and you can look through all of them to see which one has the stats you want.

Pros

* Makes trading easier
    * Easier for people who struggle to open shops

Cons

I literally cant think of any lol

Everything Else
    These are just some point I forgot to mention:
    * You can only sell 9 itemstacks at a time. After selling 25 times, you can sell 18 item stacks at a time.
    * The Gavellian Exchange is located in Cinfras only. If you want you could throw one in Detlas and call it the Wynnian Exchange, but I think cinfras would be better.
    * What about item tiers? For example, 1 star or 3 star rotten flesh?
    --*My idea to tackle it is that change it so the name is Rotten Flesh Tier 1 and then have the game mask it (just like it masks IDs) to say the regular name. Then, when it is put into the Exchange, you can get specific tiers.
    * IF YOU VOTED FOR THE MIDDLE 2 OPTIONS, THE "..." MEANS YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO GIVE ME FEEDBACK

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Sar, mantidmadness, Ghalt and 2 others like this.
  2. Robbee

Robbee Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    This may be actually part of the next update (and I hope so), there are many reasons why we can assume that the secret feature is an auction house in Detlas. Although wen can't be sure, of course.

3. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But most item selling/buying in game is based on the id's.
    How will this system deal with that?

mantidmadness and cars3n like this.
  4. Pyronucleic

If you want a sagittarious for 5 LE, and the game finds one for you, it'll trade

If you want a specific stat, you should talk to a player about it.

EDIT: Just realised materials / ingredients have tiers ill add an fix

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  5. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No one buys an item without looking at the id's first tho

Druser likes this.
  6. Allankap5

Allankap5 Living legend and icon

It's a really interesting concept, I like it. +1 from me

7. Pyronucleic

Meh if thats the case, the Gavellian Exchange isnt for you.

The exchange isnt supposed to handle all trades, only some. And by some I mean anything not gear related.

8. Pyronucleic

Bump to First Page

9. Wynnooblet

Wynnooblet Slayer of Useless Threads VIP+

Minecraft:
    So an auction house, id wait and see for 1.18 because the secret feature they’ve been teasing is promising to be an auction house

10. Pyronucleic

not at all an auction house

An auction is there to get the most expensive deal, this here gets you the cheapest deal.

11. Wynnooblet

Wynnooblet Slayer of Useless Threads VIP+

Minecraft:
    Shouldn’t you be searching for the cheapest items in an auction house? That’s why it would help the economy, because players would sell items for cheaper in order for them to beat other players who are selling for more expensive prices

12. Pyronucleic

An auction house sounds more like people competing to buy something

which is what an auction is, incase you didnt know

13. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    The "auction house" is already a mechanic on a lot of servers and doesn't actually work like an auction.

IreczeQ likes this.
  14. xboxguy50

xboxguy50 Stuck with the name I have ;-; VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was thinking we needed a system that was similar to what you just explained yesterday. Plus, you're right. Buying and selling items would be ten times easier since it's all in one place. If that kind of system can't be implemented, at least a world/server where you ONLY trade (could be a closed off town like a closed Detlas where you can't leave) would be just as helpful too.

15. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    the name "auction house" is misleading.
    this is an auction house
    incase you didnt know

16. Pyronucleic

in an auction you compete for the highest bidder
    here you compete for the cheapest item

17. Erythen

Erythen Elf of Haelun'or

Minecraft:
    I would be fine with either this or an auction house. Although they are definitely different, either one would help increase the flow of items through the economy and make it much easier to buy and sell with other players.

Pyronucleic likes this.
  18. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:

19. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes, but there are three sections. One for gear (armour + weapons), one for powder and another for misc items. Thanks for sharing :)

20. Pyronucleic

fair enough but the term auction house is actually used for auctions, so im going to assume the wynn community are thinking auctions when they speculated of ther ebeing an auction house

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.