Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Classes: The Soldier (925+ Supporters) - Updated To 1.1.4 Stats!

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Selvut283, Sep 8, 2015.

?

Do you like this class? Please leave feedback after voting, especially if you don't like something!

1. Yes, I love this class! It's really awesome!

584 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. Yeah, I like the class. I think it's pretty cool.

366 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. I like it, but I think a few things need to be altered.

101 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. I don't like it, but I think a few changes could help.

20 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. No, I'm not too big a fan of this class.

58 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. No, I really don't like this class at all.

66 vote(s)
    5.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Here's why this class is similar to Warrior:

Slash is just a more powerful version of Bash with an extra hit.
    Strafe is just using short Charges multiple times in quick succession.
    I can't picture clearly how Strike works given the "unraveling" and "piercing" parts, but from what I read for the spell and upgrades, it feels like a more powerful Charge.
    Hit enemies within a one block radius of a line of ‘unraveling’ and piercing particles 8 blocks, at 2 blocks per 0.1 seconds for 50% damage. 0.5 seconds after casting, the player lunges 8 blocks in the direction of the enemy affected last(straight forward on a miss)
    Succor is just a more powerful War Scream that goes off in a radius instead of a certain direction, giving a more Strength-oriented buff without the Resistance Effect.

I just think that this class, overall, feels more in line as a "specialization" for the Warrior, kinda like Hypixel's Warlords classes.

2. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Slash hits thrice in a different, smaller radius with less overall damage, and inflicts various debuffs in place of the damage, also having more controllable knockback. Plus, there's the step-back you do at the end.
    When Charge is literally as basic as a movement spell can possibly get, comparisons will obviously be made. The shockwave, the quick hops that also give vertical movement, the power boost while Strafing, and the greater control should easily differentiate it. I mean, you could say the same of Vanish now that it has a minicharge to it.
    This one is kinda similar to Uppercut, how the line sort of "rolls out" from in front of you, but it remains oriented to the player rather than just going off in one direction and does so slower. In addition, while parallels could be drawn with Charge, you only rush the enemy you hit last with the spell, and unlike Charge you aren't immune to damage, and unlike Charge it inflicts status effects at a power cost.
    Succor is a lot more delayed than War Scream and is capable of damaging and debuffing multiple enemies at once.

If you're noticing a pattern here, every spell inflicts debuffs and hits a fairly wide radius. The idea is to kite and throw around debuffs, hence why it can be so strong in the right hands. Warrior's all about just straight up crowd control and damage dealing while this is much more technical.

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  3. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bumped for class.

Dr Zed likes this.
  4. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Would this affect the chances of other weapons dropping? I.e. let’s assume each class weapon has 25% chance of dropping from a mob or chest. Then of you add another class weapon it drops down to 20% bc there are now 5 types of weapons.

5. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Enemies are slightly biased towards dropping the type of weapon you're using, so it'd be more like 30% <your weapon> 25% otherwise, but I don't think so considering multiple times I'll have enemies drop two weapons or a weapon and armour at the same time.

Dr Zed likes this.
  6. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Ok, just wondering. I mean a 5% difference wouldn't matter that much anyway. I do remember Salted though teasing about some secret about how drops worked or something. Though yeah, I always noticed that on my playthroughs.

7. Homruh

Homruh From 0 Emeralds -> 120 Stacks In 5 Months. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A new class is exacly the thing wynncraft needs, it will bring a lot of new mythics (possible fix for economy) and a lot of players back, I am sure about it.

Overall the class design looks awelsome, +1 on that!

8. Celestial

Celestial (un)official member of the kkk (Kool Kids Klub)

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This class sounds awesome, but I think the name should be changed as most NPCs refer to us as a soldier as a whole

9. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    So have you talked to the devs about making this suggestion real?

10. Mac N Cheese Man

Mac N Cheese Man First Official Member Of The Mac N Cheese Club

Also possible anti-fix for the economy

11. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    At this point, the only fix would be to make mythics untradeable :P

Druser likes this.
  12. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    That would be extreme bias due to Selvut having a lot of clout as one of the influential CT members. Salted himself said that he has a few ideas for creating a new class once/if they get it on their priority list.

13. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Well yeah, he’s been trying to convince everyone else with this thread anyway. I wouldn’t mind if this was added.

14. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If they're gonna notice it, they're gonna notice it cause of its merits, not cause I started buttering them up as a CT to gain favor.

15. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Btw, how will this new class work with the new profession system?

16. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Was made before professions were done, so I hadn't factored it in. Assumedly, it'd work the same as crafting daggers and spears, and then a potential 6th class would occur that would go with woodworking.

17. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    So would it be like 3 wood, 1 ingot or something?

18. burning48

burning48 Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How about make the name of the class something cooler like Berserker or Executioner. Something like that. cool idea tho

19. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Warrior, Archer, Mage, Archer, Executioner.

Notice how it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Dr Zed likes this.
  20. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bumped for class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.