Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Cut Scenes/animations

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by CarbonatedFFFF, Nov 8, 2018.

?

Ye want this or nah?

1. Hell yea bb

15.4%
  2. sure...

26.9%
  3. no fucc you(no swearing in my christian minecraft server)

65.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarbonatedFFFF

CarbonatedFFFF hey big bois

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    SO, I keep getting stuck in invisible boxes and such right? Maybe add a button that allows you to skip or actually trigger the next event. For example, not being able to do multiple quests, (6 quests i've encountered that are impossible due to this), from not being able to trigger events or teleport places. (That's due to older classes having problems with newer quests and the other way around) So in those areas, add a button or something to trigger the next event or dialogue to progress in the game. But overall in general, it's a annoyance, a bug that should be fixed and we should not have to start another class just because we have an old account, to even people who don't have this problem, some of the cut scenes/long dialogue/long animations are far too long and make the player bored and tired. Although the Wynn realm is great, these bugs and annoyances bring it down greatly and affect the overall player experience on the server. Examples of quests that are impossible: Poisoning the Pest, Tunnel Trouble (the npc doesn't appear at all), The Sewers of Ragni (the person doesn't appear next to the cave), Arachnids Ascent (I'm stuck in Mount Wynn on this one, killing me and other players trying to do the quest aswell), The Dark Decent (the floor doesn't break and now I'm stuck in a teleportation loop because someone triggered the events for me but it didn't allow me to progress), The Corrupted Village (the excavators do not appear at all and pressing the button traps you in a box, wasting further soul points), Studying the Corrupt (this one doesn't even let me start the quest since the npcs aren't even there). And possibly all the other dungeon quests/newer quests.

2. mouldy

mouldy heheheha

Minecraft:
    tldr

3. CarbonatedFFFF

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i made this for staff not for players, but yea ik, but the first part is the real part, the second part is the examples

4. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Your poll is a bit unfair, the only ‘no’ option is paired with an insult toward you. I don’t want to insult anyone, but I don’t want to vote yes.

Anyways about the suggestion - I suggested almost the same thing a few days ago, and apparently there is a major issue with this - the amount of cutscenes that this would need to be done to, and finding them all scattered across the map. You’re not suggesting a fix to one single bug, but a mass fix to hundreds, maybe thousands of cutscenes. The idea is great but it might not be possible.

Also what do you mean by ‘staff not players’?

Bramblesthatcat likes this.
  5. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    1, this should be in feedback
    2, what version are you using? everythin is fine for me
    3, this is impossible i believe

6. CarbonatedFFFF

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ive seen threads saying class age affects quests, 1,8,9 some mods, but that doesn't matter as ive looked into this and is not a matter of version - server - or just a rare bug that happens once
    and no this is not impossible to add a button to skip a cut scene or trigger a certain event/the next one

7. A Human

Minecraft:
    How do you know it’s not impossible? While placing the button is not impossible, think of how many command blocks would need to be used to turn off the cutscene, make sure your questbook is updated, trigger the next cutscene or whatever comes after that cutscene, and teleport the player. And would this not lead to new players pressing the button by accident, skipping the cutscene unintentionally?

And how about having multiple players at once? What would it do then? Does it teleport both or only the one who pushed the button? If the button turns off the cutscene, and one of the two people push it, wouldn’t that ruin the experience for the second person and force them to skip a cutscene they might have wanted to watch? While something does need to be done, this exact method likely won’t work.

8. Altakar

Altakar former 1000+ day counter moth Item Team

Minecraft:
    Class age can affect quests, but the controllable variables are version and mods. Try 1.9-1.12.2 on a vanilla client.

9. Wynnooblet

Wynnooblet Slayer of Useless Threads VIP+

Minecraft:
    Most of the cutscenes are beautiful, why would anyone want to skip them?

10. DrBracewell

DrBracewell Famous Adventurer CT Manager QA Modeler GM CMD CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @A Human is right, it would be incredibly hard to add a skip button to all the cutscenes without making everything break. Are you happy now a CT member responded?

11. CarbonatedFFFF

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i guess... i just wanted a fix and to add some new things to the server?

12. DrBracewell

DrBracewell Famous Adventurer CT Manager QA Modeler GM CMD CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eh I guess I was a bit of a bitch. I'm just trying to emphasise the time and dedication needed to add this suggestion in, and you did ask for a staff member to respond.

13. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Adding a button is unnecessary, this glitch just should be fixed

14. CarbonatedFFFF

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    thanks for answering anyways tho

15. MysticalPlayz

MysticalPlayz The Best Around HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I want to change my answer to a Nah. Sorry, I feel players can wait through a cutscene, plus there would be a better way other than a button. I also feel that you get stuck in boxes is just you, (computer and Wifi) this issue never happens to me and so I will just say good luck.

16. CarbonatedFFFF

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    its a bug that happens, and its not just me, and that wasnt really the point, it was to skip cutscenes when NEEDED and or REQUIRED, not because the player was lazy to watch a 30 second clip (although that is very boring during Galleons Graveyard as you have to watch through that whole thing), but to those who are truly stuck and are trapped, i have over 20 quests that are impossible right now, i have to grind to get to the next quest, yet then finding that one impossible due to this aswell. it also appears you havent read all of the text so ok

17. A Human

Minecraft:
    I doubt most of those quests are actually impossible. Try doing things that don’t work multiple times, they should work after a couple tries. What people here are saying is that this is unnescessarily difficult for the CT to do.

Also if there’s actually 20 quests that don’t work, you should submit some bug reports on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.