Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Wynncraft Is Dead But I Think It Can Be Revived

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Splintered, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Will these additions help and be worth the staffs time?

1. Yes!

10 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. Eh, only the guild update would help.

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Only space age world! Woo!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No r u dumb?

112 vote(s)
    89.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splintered

Splintered dERN for ERN VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok. So it is kind of obvious that Wynncraft is dead and not just by looking at the player count. It isn't as present on youtube as it used to be meaning less new people find out about and decide to join the server. I think the server can be revived by two big projects. The first one is simply make a new world. Do not get rid of the old Wynn but make a new world completely disconnected. This wont be another medieval world but a space age world basically the same rpg style as Wynn but a different era. My other idea is to bring out guilds potential. Make a separate world where guilds can build up their own castles and npc armies. I suggest making 3 resources wood, stone, and food. Stockpile these resources and balance them with the npc armies you can create. Then each guild can send their armies to war against other guilds trying to claim as much land as possible. The goal is to widen the border and control the most land. Support this thread if you think it will help and be sure to vote in the poll. Thanks!

TalkingKittyCat likes this.
  2. chopthetree

chopthetree you're female parental figure homosexual

Minecraft:
    you possess the large stupid, thank you very much

okay maybe I should explain
    wynncraft is an RPG so it's naturally pretty grindy, so most youtubers don't want to make videos on it
    this doesn't mean it's dead
    and if wynncraft is dead because people don't want to watch videos, how is going to make another world in the EXACT SAME style going to attract people

3. Tornor

Tornor Mayor of Kandon-Beda VIP+

Minecraft:
    These would take a long time, and by the time implemented would mean the community is already dead.
    Both ideas sound pretty bad, as I'll explain here.

Idea #1:
    What would a space age theme do to Wynncraft? We already have areas that are fairly futuristic, so it would pretty much be another Corkus. It would take a very long time (Like 2-3 Years) to make it fleshed out, and if rushed would leave people uninterested.

Idea #2:
    While I do agree that guilds need to be fleshed out, the idea would feel heavily like what other servers provide already. (Gathering resources, building castles, and sending NPC armies fits into a lot of different games already on other servers) Also, just like idea one, this one would take a lot of time to implement, and if rushed would probably make it bad.

4. euouae

euouae euouae VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So practically, you're suggesting making a new world with the exact same guild concept but survival?

Sorry, don't think it's going to work.

coolname2034 likes this.
  5. 3:

3: farlands pumpkin farlands pumpkin HERO

Minecraft:
    Constantly having around 300-1300 players doesn't seem too dead to me. As for the youtubers, what do you expect us to do about it? Youtubers come and go all the time; Just because some have quit by now, it doesn't mean wynncraft is dead on youtube. There have been 242 videos of wynn released during this week alone, some of which were by quite big channels.

Saying that is like asking a brick to cook you breakfast. Even the current world with 3 provinces and 2 more on the way has taken several years to create. If anything, attempting to create a new world would make players leave due to a complete lack of updates for a few years. Let's just finish the currently ongoing stuff which players have been looking for for a long while, aight? Besides, the point of wynn is to be a medieval fantasy rpg server. Not a minigame server where you can select what you want to play from a variety.

Housing

gigi2oo2, IreczeQ, Jalapeno9 and 22 others like this.
  6. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How is that housing?

7. Xeodus

Xeodus Travelled Adventurer

Or... make new classes for people to play so it’s not always the same 4 I’m really not sure why there aren’t new ones yet.

Gearsalt_Mark likes this.
  8. ExertKarma

ExertKarma Waiting for mythics to drop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    First of all, it's not dead. The player count is low because it's simply a smaller server. And even if over the years it has gone down, we still have a very active community, active mods, admins doing... who knows what, but most importantly is that with the current player count, wynn can still function the way its supposed to. And what I mean by "function" is that everything in the game can still be done and accomplished despite having the player count it has. Let's say hypixel had on average 500 people playing. At that point, for such a huge server it would be considered dead because it wouldn't be able to function. There would simply not be enough people to have a constant rate of minigames going.
    (Mineplex: "Survival Games: Join 0 Other Players!")
    Being dead on Youtube really doesn't change much. So yeah, wynncraft isn't dead.

And second, I'll just briefly say that the suggestion you made was way too huge to be done, especially with higher priorities such as dern and other upcoming provinces.

9. blankman

blankman Wynncraft Boomer VIP+

Minecraft:

10. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah but how is that housing?

11. Reminiscently

Reminiscently The Clownfish Prince

Minecraft:
    Well I certainly don't think that Wynncraft is dead. We have 10 players at our school, well exceeding Mineplex, or Hypixel players plus, like Aarontti said, Youtubers come and go. But I'm wondering about the "2 more on the way" (provinces) part. Is one going to be Fruma? Just asking! :D | :P [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  12. Shots

Shots Yellow Rose Enthusiast Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well you see there's going to be Dern and another province called Teletub. At that province you will learn the ways of the godliest Teletubbies and become ONE with Teletubbism. You shall worship an altar every single day in order to learn the ways of fat chubby little alien things, learning new abilities such as "Teletubbie Body Slam" and "Teletubbie Cringe" to push back your opponents. There will also be a meme event everyday where you can earn yourself a medal of Teletubbism that gives every stat in the game but immediately kills you when you put it on! I hope you will enjoy this new province along with Dern in the future.

The honest answer is there's a likely if not 100% chance that the other will be Fruma.

Either that or it'll be Masochist island.

13. Reminiscently

Reminiscently The Clownfish Prince

Minecraft:
    Thank you!

14. SlyamPoetry

SlyamPoetry dedicated pikotaro fan!!!!! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    not as simple as adding a new class
    here's a list of things you need to take into account:
    -a metric amount of new items
    -editing the entire bob story to make this oh one new class to fit
    -balancing, making the new class fit lorewise
    -editing a bunch of builds so that the new class can fit
    -new lore for weapons
    -new bob stuff

and with main storyline, new items, and constant hammering at other ct stuff, it'll be super hard to work on the new class and edit lore for it.
    so no new class, no problem
    just like stalin said, no man no problem.

easier just to avoid it

IreczeQ, NITEHAWKX and Dr Zed like this.
  15. Xeodus

And adding huge place's is easier? if they can do all that im sure a new class wouldn't be as hard as you think. Its true what you say but we all know in our hearts new classes is what we need.

16. Wynn: The Anime

Wynn: The Anime Does not like anime VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    no

17. Xeodus

elaborate

18. Paladinen

Paladinen The Paladin VIP+

Minecraft:
    Only thing we need is Molten heights quests in my opinion

Dextication, ThomAnn100 and Tisaun like this.
  19. Wynn: The Anime

Wynn: The Anime Does not like anime VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    See Slyam's above post that you replied to, it just fucks up too many things lore/gameplay wise and puts a load on CT's shoulders that they do not need at the current moment.

Dr Zed likes this.
  20. Soma

Soma The Crimson Red Fox VIP+

Minecraft:
    Every one of these suggestions is dumb and irrelevant.

Wynncraft is an MMORPG so duuuuh of course it's not gonna gain much attention from popular youtubers. It's too grindy and for them, making videos on Wynncraft is a bit difficult because of the grinding aspect.

Suggesting a space world makes no sense either, since the world of Wynncraft is based on medieval times.

Also a guild world is a bit pointless considering what you do anyways.

Dr Zed likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.