Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Escalation Items | Similar Concept To Set Items |

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by rainbowcraft2, May 15, 2018.

?

Do you like the idea of Escalation Items?

1. Yes!

21 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Yes, but only with changes (What changes?)

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. No!

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Other (explain?)

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rainbowcraft2

rainbowcraft2 Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Hello? I was thinking just now about how cool it would be if there were some Mythical accessories, and I remembered that Mythical accessories are not going to be allowed (I believe for the reason of forcing people to keep their options for accessories open because with mythic accessories, people would only that one.)
    I thought about maybe if some would be good if they were only lower level accessories, and somehow that made me think of this idea.

What Are Escalation Items?
    Escalation items are armors (or weapons or accessories) that can become more powerful over time (upgrades may be passive, but they will likely be active).
    They will have a limit to how powerful they can grow (so as to prevent people from keeping them for the whole journey) and are a new tier of item; meaning their color will be different from unique, rare, legendary, set, and mythical items.

Escalation:
    Let's say you have a legendary ring that has a level requirement of 20. By the time you reach level 35, almost any ring you find will be superior, even if the replacement is only unique. This is perfectly fine, and there's nothing wrong with this game mechanic. But wouldn't it be really cool if that ring could be made more powerful with you? Like you have the same ring, but it now has a level requirement of 30 and gives you a bit more power. You would be able to keep it with you. But how do you power it up? Simple: collect more!

Leveling Up:
    To level up your escalation item, you simply need to add either an additional copy of the item or a new item that will be treated like another copy (It will be called "Escalation Stone" or something). Escalation Stones are somewhat rare. Escalation items will probably have a different upgrade limit depending on the item; I imagine 3 would be the most common maximum.

So that's my idea so far. However, before you comment, I would like to share what the best use I can think of would be for them: Dungeon Loot.

Different dungeons provide different loot. However, most of this loot is only useful for a short period of time. If dungeon loot could be made into Escalation items, you could extend them to last much longer. The best part is that you have a very reliable way of finding repeats of the item.

So that's my idea! What do you think?

Gogeta and i_am_me like this.
  2. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    add a poll

rainbowcraft2 likes this.
  3. rainbowcraft2

Minecraft:
    Poll added.

SUPER M likes this.
  4. Dextication

Dextication The Iris VIP

Minecraft:
    I feel that one of the main reasons that Wynn is so exciting is because you can't just stay with the same bow, wand or what have you. You need to constantly adapt and try to obtain items of greater worth and power. You don't just level up items, which would defeat the purpose. If this is implemented, it would encourage more grinding to get the same item over and over again to level it up.

~Dex

5. ActualAnthonino

ActualAnthonino SkyBlock Prisoner

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    sounds hard to add in... but I guess is could work.

6. Slime1480

Slime1480 Slime Shady Staff Member Moderator CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Items could go overpowered, the best thing is to add a % of the possibility that you get an upgrade (same as horses) and another % of the ids, for example:
    Normal item gives like 2-7 intel
    Upgraded item gives 4-9 intel

Edit: I don't think lvl requierement should change for item upgrades, instead of that I'd change thr skill points requirement.
    Doing that there won't be more overpowered builds like now, and wouldn't allow you to wear a op buils + all items upgraded (that would literally break the game)

Edit 2: Some items should't have an upgrade at all since they're already too op

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    SUPER M likes this.
  7. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think that this is a little bit too good. As other previously said escelation items would defeat the purpose of getting regular items. Also as previously stated I think there should be a random chance of upgrading escelation items, same as breeding horses, with very high possibilitiy of both of the combined items dissapearing, which (in my opinion) would balance out it's potential of being much better then regular items. I think you should also change that instead of raising level requirement (which makes no sense since the whole point of the item is that it gets better as you level up) it instead should have higher skill point requirments.

8. rainbowcraft2

Minecraft:
    What if it was something like putting the escalation item away for a while until you level it up?
    Can you think of any way to make it work? The primary purpose of these items is to make the equipment you can get from dungeons more relevant. It could also be used as a decent end-game thing, when there's no longer room to advance. You can start collecting a super rare item in an attempt to escalate it.
    Possibly. I don't know, but it sounds relatively possible.
    I was thinking the IDs would increase a bit per upgrade. And the Escalation items are a new tier; there would probably only be a few, and they would all (or at least most of them) would be new. And for upgrading, I was thinking something like this:

Key: Red is the stats at level 2, blue the stats at level 3, grey/black the base level.
    Prototype (Ring)
    Level 1/3 -> 2/3 -> 3/3
    Lv. Min: 60 -> 61 -> 62

IDs:
    • Health + 250 -> 275 -> 300
    • Intelligence + 3 -> 4 -> 5
    • Speed + 10% -> 11% -> 12%

9. ILoveGayGuys

ILoveGayGuys Hi I guess.. What goes here?

Nice suggestion, but there might be allot of people who feel a shock when there finding different items in the game that has had the same ones for so long. Personally I would like this because it adds a new play styles.

10. Dextication

Dextication The Iris VIP

Minecraft:
    Even though it may have a few benefits in end-game, there is already so much grinding involved in Wynn; I don't think even more should be encouraged. Especially nearing the higher levels, CSST is grinded (ground?). I can't think of ways to make this less grind-y, other than to make use of different ways to obtain the items (perhaps quests?). Since quests are generally once-off, it would stop people from grinding to get the items. I like the idea of upgrade-able items and I definitely think they should be introduced. They just need a bit of working-on.

11. rainbowcraft2

Minecraft:
    In that case, I could go for a fusion system. As you collect quest items (or dungeon items) you can fuse certain ones together to get a newer, more powerful item. However, I feel this system would exponentially harder to program in than the one I have in the thread.

It doesn't have to be the same one. You have to work to upgrade them, so you could simply skip the upgrade process and treat them like regular items.

12. rainbowcraft2

Minecraft:
    *bumping noises*

13. rainbowcraft2

Minecraft:
    *The sounds of a thread bumping compels you!*

14. rainbowcraft2

Minecraft:
    *Bumpers frequent these parts. You may want to watch yourself.*

15. rainbowcraft2

Minecraft:
    *Bumpity Bump*

16. Doot (Trumpet)

Doot (Trumpet) Well-Known Adventurer

to tired for real comment, +1 bump

17. rainbowcraft2

Minecraft:
    Thanks for the bump.

18. DutchSpruceRun

DutchSpruceRun Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This sounds kinda like the mechanic in Black Desert Online where you can combine 2 of the same item and have a chance for it to become better or for both of them to break or degrade. The bad thing in BDO though is that the chances are extremely low for it to become better and they mostly just break. That’s mostly why BDO is a shit game because you need to enhance your items to get further into the game.

19. Paladinen

Paladinen The Paladin VIP+

Minecraft:
    CaN wE sToP nEcRo PlEaSe

20. rainbowcraft2

Minecraft:
    Would you have replied like this if I (the original poster) had bumped it myself?
    And if so... well, I'm planning on overhauling this soon, so it won't be a "necropost" as much as a "rebirth"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.