Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Dungeons Raids/raid Bosses

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Wynnooblet, Apr 25, 2018.

?

What Did You Think?

1. +1 YES, More Endgame Content and Challenges!

19 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. NO, (please elaborate)

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wynnooblet

Wynnooblet Slayer of Useless Threads VIP+

Minecraft:
    As most of us understand, Wynn bosses are not very difficult. Most of them can be easily solo'ed with a good build. While this is understandable (as not all players have a group of friends they can battle with), I believe it would be a cool addition to have "raid boss altars" for the higher level (95-100) areas. Not only would this provide more endgame content for those who have already done everything else, it would also add to the social aspect of Wynn.

The Basis:
    - New Level 95-100 "Raid Boss Altars"
    - Requirements to Enter Altar; The Altar, upon having the specific items thrown into it, there would be one of two outcomes; if the player is in a party with 4 others, they will continue as their own party, if not, the game would send a message along the lines of "queuing up with other players"
    - (if not already partied) The player would be automatically teleported and placed in a group with 4 others. (to prevent parties of 30 doing these and utterly eliminating the purpose)
    - Altars would be 100% combat based (no puzzles/parkour)
    - The 5 Players would be thrown into an arena with an EXTREMELY powerful boss

The Boss:
    - Keep in mind that these bosses are meant to be a challenge with 5 players, so the OP stats are necessary
    - Each boss should have anywhere between 2-3 million health
    - The bosses themselves would vary in combat types (from ranged to tank melee)
    - The boss would also have a constantly spawning legion of minions, each with about 100,000 health
    - Bosses such as these would require players to coordinate their attacks and have certain build teams with different classes to provide different buffs and skills

Completion:
    - Completing one of these altars could result in a special currency reward (similar to the antic beads used to buy good masks in the Dernel Jungle), as well as a considerable amount of XP

Thats about all I can come up with off the top of my head, please feel free to add on/comment your opinions on my idea!

Galdeveer and Trash like this.
  2. Wynnooblet

Minecraft:
    BUMPPPPPPPPPPPP

3. seeksery

seeksery Wybel Photographer HERO CMD

Minecraft:
    To your 2-3 million health boss
    I present the soloable Matrojan Idol with 1 million
    Plz buff

4. Wynnooblet

Minecraft:
    Oof, I’ve just realized that this game is too easy...

5. ArthurExtreme_Br

ArthurExtreme_Br Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    basically legendary insland but much harder

6. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    to be fair, the Matrojan Idol doesn't have minions and is a melee mob

7. seeksery

Minecraft:
    But Alkevo, Argeddon, Guardian, and Chained Beast fall under this category, yet are reasonably difficult at the suggested level

8. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    ik, I'm just saying having a 2 mil health boss with 100k health minions will probably be one of the harder bosses in the game, especially if it's ranged

9. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Does the Matrojan Idol have exactly 1 million health across all phases or not?

10. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    Yes and they too have extremely high health, way more than other bosses of their level.

11. seeksery

Minecraft:
    Is that not the point?

12. Stormarend

Minecraft:
    So how is it a "but"?

13. seeksery

Minecraft:
    The argument I'm trying to make is that melee enemies with high HP are not necessarily easy

14. Stormarend

Minecraft:
    @Lunar Spine said that Matrojan Idol could afford to have 1 million health because it's a melee mob without minions. He never said it was an easy boss. You tried to counter that argument by saying melee bosses with high health are hard. That's not what he was talking about.

15. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really like the idea of some end game content where players have to work together. But not like this, don't just throw a boss with a ton of health at them and let them fight it. I'd prefer it if they had to do a few parkour bit where every player has to flip a switch or something and then a door opens and some puzzles where they have to work together. In the end there could be a boss similar to the one is rise of the quartron where some players have to disable the boss' weapons or something and then the other players fight the big boss.

16. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    Oooh, totally misread that.

17. Wynnooblet

Minecraft:
    Problem with that is players (especially in larger groups) so not cooperate very well. And this is meant to be an activity you do with randies, not people you know/trust. As well as the fact that there would be trolls who don’t do the parkour on their part. A boss is the easiest and most full-proof way of having players work together

18. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah but it's also boring. If people want to do this they'll be forced to cooperate.

19. MysticalPlayz

MysticalPlayz The Best Around HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "if the player is in a party with 4 others, they will continue as their own party, if not, the game would send a message along the lines of "queuing up with other players"
    - (if not already partied) The player would be automatically teleported and placed in a group with 4 others. (to prevent parties of 30 doing these and utterly eliminating the purpose)"

I do like the idea, and I hope it will be added, I do agree with ThromAnn that they should at least do something other than fighting since then it would be too simple and bland. I suppose it still would be interesting if the boss had a lot of special abilities. Also, I should say that It should only require 2 people, but can require more, so they won't be forced into a group that they don't know, and the maximum would be like 4, 6, or higher depending on the raid, I just thought this was something that I should say.
    Edit: Forgot to say that it would bring more people together and that is what most games should do unless they are singleplayer, I love this idea because it is included in a lot of RPG type games.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Trash and ThomAnn100 like this.
  20. Wynnooblet

Minecraft:
    BUMPPPPPPPPPP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.