Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Guilds New Guild Additions: Secret Bases

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Illuminarchie, Mar 4, 2018.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes

2. Yes...?

3. Maybe

4. No...?

5. No

6. Screw You

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illuminarchie

Illuminarchie Proud member of Da Formidable Five VIP

Minecraft:
    Do you remember when you played Pokémon: Ruby or Pokémon: Sapphire and thought that the secret bases were a really cool and necessary addition to the game?

Cause I sure don't!

I thought that the secret bases in Pokémon Games in general were quite underused however, I think in a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game Within a Game (MMORPGWAG) is a better suited opportunity for the secret bases to shine.

Now of course this would need some work on implementing and a description of what the actual point of them is: luckily I'm here.

These bases would be set up by the owner of a Guild and for the entrance is needs to be two blocks high and one block wide. It would then, dependant on its location, would act as an entrance to a room of varying design, but generally would look like a cave room made out of stone or dirt or a mixture (but in Almuj for example it would be sand, or Rymek stained clay).

In here it would start to become more open to player changes; using emeralds it can be expanded, furniture can be placed, traps can be placed and the room could be customised! (This ability would be limited to the owner and chiefs (potentially captains).

There would be a real variety to how it could be edited, with possible elaborate floor or wall patterns, or certain builds, but most important of all: functional things. The secret base could have a bank, potion shop, powder exchange and a universal bank that could be accessed by everyone in the guild, of a certain rank or higher for each rank - to be fair and just. This would all be implemented slowly as you would need to pay a certain group to allow for this and the guild would also have to be a certain level, so the powder exchange would have to be included at a high level of the guild.

There could also be a training section that could be included so a PvP zone or a sandbags like in Super Smash Bros that you can test weapons and abilities on to see how much damage you can rack up.

Next is traps, for any unwanted intruders. Anyone who isn't a part of your guild should have to face a challenge you set up to go to enter the guild base. This could include parkour, mobs being spawned in, a puzzle, or death traps, however it must be do-able.

This is a small possibility, but possibly furniture! This would be bought for different stores from across the land, so Ragni and Troms would have quite Royal furniture; Almuj and Rymek would have almost Egyptian style furniture; Cinfras could have steampunk furniture; Nessak could have Eskimo kind of furniture; etc.
    I think it could really tie up the room!

The final other thing that could be included could be special mini-games like the Wynnter Fair ones. Obviously this is a bit of a stretch, but this could be added later on down the line.

Now you probably aren't wondering who will you pay to allow the 'Excavation' of this in the land of 'Wynn'. That's right....

Its Yahaya!!!!
    Pfft, if it was, he'd finally have some use other than the one quest I avoid every time I play Wynncraft.

No, it would be Wynn Excavation.
    What should happen is that there is a quest moderately early on, such as level 25 to 35 and you have completed the first Wynn Excavation quest (Wynn Excavation Site A) that has a quest that involves a renegade group of Wynn Excavation and on quest completion they will go and excavate secret guild bases! This would include making the base bigger or adding banks and such. The amount of secret bases you get would be dependant on the amount of Guild territories your guild would own - kind of.

When you have 1 territory you have 2 potential secret bases in any location (preferably your own), when you have 2 territories you have 3 potential secret bases etc. But what if you lose a territory? Well you don't outright lose your base, but what will happen is the same as when you have 0 territories. See when your Guild has 0 territories they can still make a secret base in that territory, however the Guild owning the area would be made a aware of the fact you are adding a secret base, but also its rough location (so from the centre of the territory whether it is N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW). Although this may sound unfair, they will lack one crucial thing, the password (and specific location).

This would need to introduce a few more guild commands:
    /check {checks an area for a guild base}
    /guild [rank] message {sends a message to a rank of people in a guild}

These would be necessary to integrate the password system. When you have made the base you will be asked for a password - it can be a maximum of 4 lines on a sign and a minimum of 1 characters (we're not Microsoft, HSCB, Google, Sony - pretty much any good company that needs a password from you). If someone is entering a secret base and you are in a guild nearby, you will 'overhear' a part of the password that would be a random amount of characters from the password dependant on how far away you were when they entered.

Some of you may still be wondering, what is the actual point of them? Well, if I mention that if another guild raids and controls your base by defeating every mob (and possible boss mob) and players inside the base will automatically shift ownership to those who took control of it with all within the base belonging to them (aside from the universal bank) including a large portion of the guild's emeralds! Aye - now your interested!

See this would be a way to destroy guilds in advance by lowering the amount of emeralds they have by
    55%-90% dependant on the guild's level and how much they can spend on mobs.

Obviously, this would take a while to integrate and it would need to be balanced, but I think it would be a nice addition to Wynncraft and guilds within it!
    Please comment your opinion below!!!!

And remember 9 7 3 1

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    PikaLegend and CookedPelvis like this.
  2. Reefive

Reefive Do you hate the assassin? VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The text size. And why????? And guilds are mean't so you can hang out with friends.

Bramblesthatcat likes this.
  3. ExertKarma

ExertKarma Waiting for mythics to drop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    First off, the text size is completely unnecessary. Second, this addition would be completely unnecessary.
    And this has been suggested before, as a "guild hall" sort of thing. The main problem with this is that it wouldn't have any overall purpose. Currently the purposes of guilds is (as Reefive stated above), to hang out with friends, coordinate multi-person activities, and get on the top of the leaderboard from territories.

If the secret bases would basically act as mini towns that you could stop in and visit all the rotten flesh in your bank, then that would be completely OP. Having furniture would be great, but if you're looking for actual furniture textures instead of stairs for chairs, then that would be rather hard to implement. Also I want to point out that having passwords for every single base would be pretty frustrating to remember. Especially if you are a large guild with numerous territories. You said that each territory earns you a new base (on top of 1). Guilds having territories in the 80's 90's and 100's numbers would earn you a lot of bases. As well as a lot of passwords to keep track of.

You had a lot of detail which is great, but you just kept going on and on adding things. This suggestion would be a HUGE addition which would take a really long time to integrate. And the CT and Admins are focusing on Dern soon™

I'm sorry if this was a but harsh just criticizing everything but I really feel like it wouldn't fit into wynncraft. Wynncraft isn't factions.

4. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ree meant Arent not Are I think

5. bluepenguin1002

bluepenguin1002 Waddling penguin

Minecraft:
    *Inhales deeply*
    Firstly I can barely read what your suggestion is because of the size of the text and secondly.
    this is basically a modified housing suggestion except suited to fit guilds.
    also text wall please... no meh eye's

Besides that i have a few questions.
    Where specifically would these be? you gave almost NOTHING location wise
    Besides that would there be only one per location? and where would they be specifically.
    55-90% emerald loss? are you insane???? It takes SO LONG to grind up a good amount of emeralds and your losing HALF? GUARANTEED?
    Explain more how the traps/ furniture would work. You gave little to nothing except parkour death traps and mobs clarify a little more
    Giving the guild a personal shop seems slightly pointless when you could just ya know go to wherever and purchase some.

Overall Not the best could be better.

6. Jalapeno9

Jalapeno9 Shadow of my former self HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Feels very much like housing idea, but worse with more lag, more work to Contemt team and more pointless.

7. Bramblesthatcat

Bramblesthatcat Just a cat trying to be bing chilling CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wat u say m9

okok. But in all seriousness, this just won't work any way you spin it. It's been suggested a hundred times, and the way you want it to be implemented would be to complex. Also, please keep font size the same, as it's more appealing to read and chenging text size pushes people away from a suggestion.

Exalted_ and ExertKarma like this.
  8. ExertKarma

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    what makes you think that? but guilds are places so you can hang out tho

9. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The grammar strucute

Are mean't

Aren't meant

Idk

10. ExertKarma

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    but like... are mean't is more like are meant and aren't meant is less like it. also you do hang out in guilds with friends

11. CookedPelvis

CookedPelvis Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    everything is more work for the CT or devs

PyroPyxel and Bramblesthatcat like this.
  12. Illuminarchie

Minecraft:
    Yeah, u bring up some really good points - I personally would only enjoy this because of having more fun with my friends however some people who spend ages playing minecraft on their computer all day wouldn’t care about friends (not directed at you - just I know some people like that).

Also in regards to the text size - it was my first suggestion I put effort into so I was just kinda messing around to accentuate things. Sorry - I know better for the future! Thanks!

And remember 9 7 3 1

13. PyroPyxel

PyroPyxel That everyday annoying VIP+ VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    eeerrgh that's like the housing suggestion...
    No wait it is the housing suggestion in a different form!!!

14. Lex!

Lex! :] CT Manager QA GM CMD CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    alright lemme go make a base in qira's boss room

15. Bramblesthatcat

Bramblesthatcat Just a cat trying to be bing chilling CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lol
    HowToZombie: lemme go build a base *rubs hands aggressively*

16. Illuminarchie

Minecraft:
    Yeah - looking back on it the font size is terrible - I’ve now leant for future posts. Also my idea May have been a bit demmanding... next suggestions will be more reasonable ones - both text size and possibly being implemented.

17. ExertKarma

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Same, personally I just prefer guilds to be places to hang out. Also you can directly change the font size right now :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.