Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Idea For New Customization Of Weapons

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by DOUBLE07, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOUBLE07

DOUBLE07 Nothin special VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So i was playing wynncraft and this was just an idea i had i dont expect it to be implemented but i figured there was no harm in sharing so an idea i had was a way that you can customize your wepaons by changing a certain parts. How this would work is there would be your main weapon and you say have a bow and then there would be your second weapon lets say the arrow to your bow this isnt a new wepaon but a way to customize your weapon your could have diffrent arrows that do diffrent elemental damage or even just slowly upgrade the arrow you use it would be a like a part you equip kinda how powders would work but i thought it could also change the visual of the item and maybe its effect. For the wizrad the secondary would be a magic orb they put in there staff the warroir would have a spear tip and the assassins could have maybe a hilt or something. This could be changed in anyway whether they decide to just use it for visuals or have it be just like a secondary powder system although i could see them not doing this as they already have powders for diffrent elemnets making this obsolete but if they could find another use for it that woud be cool it would make your weapons be diffrent then everbody elses especially if it was just visual and you could make your weapon look comepletly new. I also had an idea to how you could obtain these along with possibly fighting mini bosses or something like the altars you could find old weapons take them to soemone and they would dissassmble it then give you a random part back lets say its a epic spear you would get a random epic spear tip. This was a spur of the moment thing and figured i would share it even if this makes it in completly diffrent to how i described it that would be really cool. thats all i have

(sorry f0r the spelling)

2. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    walloftext.jpg

Despite being a pain to read, the idea itself isn't that bad. Unfortunately, I don't think this kind of thing is really very possible. The problem lies in the fact that there'd be thousands upon thousands of different combinations, and modelling every single one might be completely impossible in minecraft, even with separate damage values being able to have different skins.

Beyond that, if this were also an actual combat system, it would probably require tons of re-balancing and end up being too complicated at this point in the game.

While easily far from the worst weapon customization idea, it just might not be feasible.

ThomAnn100 and Dr Zed like this.
  3. euouae

euouae euouae VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Idea: 84% - It is actually a pretty good idea, however, I am suggesting that the skins of the arrows etc. should be obtained by Crate, or something else. Overall, it's pretty decent.
    Implementation: 15% - As our old friend captainganon said in the post, this would be on the verge of impossible to implement in Minecraft, so it probably wouldn't stand a chance against WynnCraft.
    Originality: 65% - It's a good idea, and it's original, but not very specific and creative in terms of the effects and skins etc.

Give me feedback if I missed something.

4. DOUBLE07

DOUBLE07 Nothin special VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks for the feed back now that I really take time to look at it is kind of impractical and really couldn't be done although It was a spur of the moment idea

5. CoolVictor2002

CoolVictor2002 Dead meme expert,cyberbullied by NicBOMB CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    it was such a wall of text that i had to use text to speech so i didn't have to read it

it's nice, but more stuff isn't everything

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.