Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Guilds Guild Halls

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by DrX2345, Dec 8, 2017.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes

2. Yes, but change/add/remove...

3. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrX2345

DrX2345 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    So. I have been on these forums for long enough to know that player housing suggestions are normally ignored at best, and recieve a lot of hate at worst. But this is slightly different, and although I don't think it will ever be added, nor do I expect it to be, I thought of it just now and thought I'd post about it. So please, just read this.

Guild Halls.

So when I imagine a guild, I normally picture some knights or something in a big, grand hall, with food and stuff and music. I thought it would possibly be a nice idea to have guild halls, maybe similar in design to either the ones in the lobby or the Cinfras Guild Hall. These are on separate worlds. Basically what it is is the inside of a large grand hall. I'm not going to build an example because I'm not very good at building and I don't really have the time. Anyway, these halls are places for members of a guild to hang out, talk in the guild, plan events, and generally be on Wynn without being in the main world.
    Now, here's the part which i thought of whilst I was writing that first part. As i, and I'm sure many of you, are aware, servers cost money. So what the team could do is either have a monthly cost for someone in the guild, maybe the leader, maybe just someone who can nominate themselves in some menu or another. This could be the cost of this server, or a little more, or any amount really. The cost can be split amongst people in the guild, and each payment lasts for 4 weeks. Or, for an in-game money sink, the hall could be bought for a charge of LE. I don't think this is the best option, as although it creates a money sink, it doesn't cover the cost of running this world.

So, I've combined the ideas, so that the guild hall costs real money to 'rent' in game, and in game money to furnish. There could be a new rank called 'Furnisher' which can be given to anyone in the guild, and stacks with other ranks, I guess, so if you are new but get given Furnisher you can't suddenly recruit/kick people. The furniture would be pretty expensive, but this is to make a decent money sink, and it would come out of the guild's bank, and there could be a section where people can put money purely for furniture so people don't just drain all the war money on chairs and stuff.

Tl:dr make guild halls which cost real money to 'rent' and in game money to furnish.

2. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    Microtransactions are not in a good spot right now, adding them is a bad idea

More importantly, what's the point of guild halls? There's no reason to even go there, as guild chat already lets you interact with all of your guild members, no matter where you are. Nobody will want to pay real money just to sit around in a place where nothing happens.

Thunder, ?!, euouae and 4 others like this.
  3. Khaps

Khaps Ex-moderator and leader of the Mythic Emporium HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yea idk, doesn't seem tooooooo good to me neither really too bad, a money sink it terms of LE ok, but irl money... eh, it'll be harder to get people to do that just for a hall where they don't get much more...

Also, rare are the guilds that have over 10 members on at once most of the time, so making a code, a build and all that stuff for something that may not even be ever used... I don't know, but i'm not a pro, so yea

4. DrX2345

DrX2345 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I mean, I'm not in a guild myself and I don't know how big guilds normally are. It was more of me just thinking into my tablet and posting it, I didn't expect it to be added or anything. There's not really a point, just thought it could be a thing, but I agree with you, microtransactions probably aren't the best idea right now.

5. Theeef

Theeef Self Proclaimed Idiot CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Might want to actually think it through before posting

6. ExertKarma

ExertKarma Waiting for mythics to drop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like the idea but i honestly dont see the point in it. Plus adding extra servers would cause more lag and wynncraft doesn't need more of that

7. Kraetys

Kraetys Hater of Catipalism - Certified Nyanarchist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My guild hall suggestion was better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.