Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Boss Revamps?

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Tankdest22, Oct 16, 2017.

?

What do you think of re-vamping the bosses of Wynncraft?

1. This is an awesome idea!

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. This is a great idea!

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Doesn't really matter to me.

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Not a really great idea...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. This is a bad idea!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tankdest22

Tankdest22 Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    As I journey through the world of Wynncraft there is just one thing that really stuck out and could use some serious improvement. Bosses. Wynncraft has many many bosses but alot of them just seem boring and use the same attacks over and over again just with increasing damage. I can't exactly name them all but it's mostly the same move set.

Now I'm not sure if Wynncraft uses Mythic Mobs or not but the bosses could really use some new attacks and unique attacks. Perhaps if the bosses evolve enough they could add a boss guide?

Please note that as of now I'm only lvl 70, I have yet to see the next 30+ levels worth of bosses including the higher end bosses. So I'm not 100% sure if this repeats in later fights. I understand this could be difficult if the Wynncraft doesn't use Mythic Mobs but if they do. There is alot more you can do with Mythic Mobs to make some truely unique boss fights!

What do you guys think?

Jbip likes this.
  2. Moss

Moss shoutbox meme supplier

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    command blocks are hard

coolname2034 likes this.
  3. Tankdest22

Minecraft:
    Yea I figured as much. Like I said I wasn't sure if it was a plugin making the bosses or not. If it isn't they really should switch to a plugin system. Then again I don't know what impact on resources a server plugin would have over command blocks.

4. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We use plugins, and custom spells are rather difficult to code, and command blocks are finicky since we use a custom health value for players. InstantDamage doesn't really work well.

Stag2001, Dr Zed, 3: and 2 others like this.
  5. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Yeah, they know the bosses are a little boring, and they want to make them not boring, but they can't do that because Wynncraft's current code doesn't allow for too much variety. I know it was stated at one point that the code refactor would allow for a lot more variety among mob-making.

6. Gebis8

Gebis8 Lost

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There are alot of bosses with unique playstyles, usually involving minions or the arena.
    Every dungeon boss ( maybe except Aracadikus and Antikytheria supercomputer) has some unique gimmick, E.G Witherhead has walls, Garoth must be killed in lava, Charon is a minigame, and so on.
    All bossaltar bosses also have a unique gimmick E.G Blade of Shade multiplies, Orange wybel spawns minions if you step on plates, Undar constantly respawns while fighting Adamastor and so on.
    Some quest bosses also do this such as The Quartron ( most unique ) and Shadow Amadel ( like Blade of Shade ).

EDIT: Many things will interfere with Wynn's systems. Most vanilla projectiles will either deal ungodly amounts of damage or do almost nothing, depending on how it's coded, like fire or drowning damage. All plugins not made by us are made for normal health and damage. Armour stands will(/ used to(?)) intercept all attacks but mage and AoE spells and will create problems.
    Also, many questbosses are mainly minibosses.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Stag2001 likes this.
  7. Tankdest22

Minecraft:
    I wonder, do you guys use Mythic Mobs or do have your own customized boss making plugin? I highly suggest you guys look at MythicMobs if you haven't already. Although I heard it's a resource hog but it makes some pretty epic bosses. I mean it's specifically designed for RPG servers.

Yea I have noticed that with a few bosses. While they do add some nice gimmicks (which helps add variety) I see their general attacks are relatively the same. Some bosses even use only that set of attacks I mentioned earlier.

I'm guessing an overhaul like that would require months of reworks with a possible plethra of bugs. Still though I would love to see some more creativity in some of the bosses. I just can't help but feel they are a bit lacking. I do not mean that in a disrespectful way towards the devs.

8. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We have our own custom plugins.

9. Tankdest22

Minecraft:
    Ah, I make custom mobs with the MythicMobs plugin. Fun to make some incredible bosses just wish it wasn't such a resource hog. I mean you guys could try to use it if you honestly wanted to or just take some ideas off the plugin. Alot of heart and soul went into this server I just wanted to help out a bit by suggesting the boss revamp :D

10. BethJerry

BethJerry BFG 9000 CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    A boss revamp has been suggested before, and a really good one was made by IgbarVonSquid. I'm pretty sure that the Wynn team does plan on making boss fights less boring, and they have been better about making the boss fights more interesting. Don't get me wrong, the boss fights have tons of room for improvement, but they are better than what they were Pre-Gavel.

SUPER M and Stag2001 like this.
  11. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    not really, but the fact that clocks are not allowed probably makes everything harder

SUPER M likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.