Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Class Idea - Defender ♦14 Supporters♦

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Caldie, Sep 2, 2017.

?

What you think

1. Awesome idea! [+1 Support]

16.7%
  2. That's pretty good. [+1 support]

41.7%
  3. Meh

12.5%
  4. Terrible idea!

12.5%
  5. Dab [Please go away]

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caldie

Caldie The World is Dead I Guess VIP+

Minecraft:
    The name Defender kinda matches but doesn't sound too good, I'm terrible at naming so maybe come up with something better for me?

Weapon skin - Sharp edged Shield

A master of defence who can take great amounts of punishment on the battlefield, and emerge strong.

Defence [•••••]

Attack [•••••]

Range [•••••]

Spells [•••••]

Basic attack:
    Tip you shield sideways, and bring it around in a powerful slice

(80% defence when hitting, generally slow attack speed.)

Slam:
    An air attack where you force your shield into your enemy, knocking them back and causing some damage.

AOE Representation:
    ♦♦♦ - Blocks in range.
    ♦♦♦
    xx -You

Lv 1 - Deal 100% damage in a three wide two deep area. Knocks enemies back 5 blocks.
    [Costs 5 mana]

Lv 2 - Deal 120% damage in a three wide two deep area. knocks enemies back 6 blocks.
    [Costs 6 mana]

Lv 3 - Deal 150% damage in a three wide two deep area. Knocks enemies back 7 blocks giving them slowness.
    [Costs 7 mana]

Slide - An earth attack where you jump onto your shield and ride it like a sled for 10-30 blocks in the direction you are looking.

Lv 1 -
    Slide forward at 10 blocks per second for ten blocks. Going up a block reduces the total distance by half a block.
    [Costs 4 mana]

Lv 2 - Slide forward at ten blocks per second for twenty blocks, going up a block provides no penalty.
    [Costs 5 mana]

Lv 3 - Slide forward at 10 blocks per second for thirty blocks, slice at your enemies feet within a one block radius of you, dealing 30% damage and giving the enemy slowness for five seconds.
    [Costs 6 mana]

Pound -
    An earth attack where you jump up five blocks into the air and crash down on your enemies with your shield.

Lv 1 - Deal 350% damage to enemies in a three block radius, and 100% damage to mobs in a 5 block radius.
    [Costs 7 mana]

Lv 2 - Deal 450% damage to enemies in a three block radius and 150% damage to enemies in a five block radius.
    [Costs 8 mana]

Lv 3 - Deal 500% damage to mobs in a five block radius knocking enemies back one block and giving them weakness for 10 seconds.
    [Costs 9 mana]

Ultimate Defence -
    A fire spell where you spin rapidly with your shield, deflecting half-all of the damage inflicted on you back to your enemy. You can't take any damage, and the spell will break if you move or attack, if not, then after 3-5 seconds it will break automatically.

Lv 1 - Cannot take damage and deflect your enemies damage back into them as 150% of your damage for 3 seconds. If you move or attack the spell will break.
    [Costs 6 mana]

Lv 2 - Cannot take damage and deflect your enemies damage back into them as 200% of your damage for 4 seconds. If you move or attack the spell will break. Any enemies within a one block radius will take 50% damage and be thrown back 2 blocks.
    [Costs 7 mana]

Lv 3 - Cannot take damage and deflect your enemies damage back into them as 300% of your damage for 5 seconds. If you move or attack the spell will break. Any enemies with a one block radius when the spell ends will be thrown five blocks away dealing 75% damage, and within a two block radius will be thrown back 2 blocks dealing 50% damage. You will also gain 150% damage for 1 minute, and any allies within five blocks will get the same.
    [Costs 8 mana]

This is just an idea, and please give suggestions on a better name for the class :3
    Also I'd like some feedback on what I have so far, and maybe some improvements.

Credit to @Hodsonius for some great improvement ideas!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  2. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    need 13 total

3. Caldie

Minecraft:
    I'll fix dat

4. Bloik

Bloik Treasure Diver

Minecraft:
    Im not too well with class feedback, but I think that warrior is a tank, and it would be pretty hard to solo, if you do barely any damage, because bosses would take a long time

5. Caldie

Minecraft:
    Yeh, good point, I could buff the damage a bit, and this could replace warrior as the tank :P

6. t0koHerold

t0koHerold Got no moneys VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The idea is nice, but is has some issues.
    Well, this is the warrior attack with a higher defense
    This is pretty much the first warrior spell
    This is the warrior leap
    This is like the archer escape spell without the slow fall and the speed bonus.
    This is similar to the assasin vanish, but I think its different enough and ok.

With some rework, this could be cool.

7. icebreaker

icebreaker Retired YouTuber & Full Stack Web Developer Media HERO

Minecraft:
    see? everytime someone make a class idea , they always search for similarities xD
    that sucks...

Caldie likes this.
  8. t0koHerold

t0koHerold Got no moneys VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So in your opinion criticism sucks? I don't think so.
    Or would you like to have a new class which spells are copied from the other classes?

SUPER M likes this.
  9. Caldie

Minecraft:
    1 - It is not like the warrior attack, it is a slow melee attack which gives you less defence when hitting.

2 - No it isn't, the warrior spell takes you through the air, this is along the floor, meaning you are forced to move in between mobs.

3 - The main point of the escape spell is to escape, however this is more like a low range leap.

4 - I appreciate you appreciating it :3
    But it isn't like vanish, you are clearly visible and you cannot move, it's more of a defensive skill than a movement ability.

icebreaker and t0koHerold like this.
  10. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    Firstly, the idea of a soldier carrying just a shield into battle is odd - you'd always carry an actual damage-dealing weapon in your other hand. A shield isn't a weapon - it's a defensive item.

Right, I'm curious as to how this defence works. Technically, since you've given it the same base defensive capability as a warrior, it should be able to achieve 80% defence with 89 defense skill points, not that many. Does this not have any effect beyond that, or does it still increase? Please better explain how this fits together with base class defense and defense points. Also, this seems to give the class more defensive capabilities the higher the attack speed, which is opposite to the general trend - air and thunder have the highest attack speeds, and both are pretty poor defensively, and Earth and Fire the other way around...
    I don't like directly comparing things to other class spells, but this is far too similar to Bash, the warrior spell. Both are high-knockback AOE spells centred on the player, except this is weaker. I'd advise seriously buffing that knockback - that would make the general purpose different enough, so this has a focus on knockback and the utility that brings. Also, all damage spells have elemental damage built in at the moment. Please give this some, maybe air? We do lack air spells at the moment, and knockback seems great for it.

I actually genuinely love this one. However, that speed is way too slow. It's slower than a sprinting player with no walkspeed, and it could easily become pointless if you have any decent walkspeed on your build. Having it faster would make it more exciting, harder to use effectively and more useful.
    Firstly, this seems too similar in purpose to the first spell, both being AOE damage/knockback spells, this one only being more powerful. Secondly, that damage is far too low, especially considering the low base damage of the class and that the jump will add a delay beween casting and damage. I'd say tune down the knockback a bit while giving it a serious damage buff - compare it to Meteor. Both are delayed AOE spells for classes with low base damage and good spells, and yet this costs more and has half as much damage. I'd say 500% damage even would be perfectly fine here in context.
    This is intriguing. I like the strength to allies bit, that's in line with other classes (although I'd say 1 minute to them,the same as yours (like archer speed and war scream), and also have it more powerful than War Scream damage (oh, and give it as a percentage increase, not as Strength 1). It can, however be easily abused against high-damage bosses, and allows you the same attack power regardless of attack power of your weapon, while giving you invulnerability. Think about this - you can cast this in front of a highly destructive spell, and not only will you not take damage, you'll give them that damage. There are plenty of attacks that are meant to kill any players stupid enough to get hit in one - this could totally abuse that. I suggest correcting this by making them take a proportion of your weapon damage instead of their own when they hit you, it will make it far harder to abuse.
    Oh, and the elemental damage applies to the other spells as well.

This is a great start to a class, good luck tweaking it.

Caldie likes this.
  11. Caldie

Minecraft:
    Thx for the feedback, this is really useful!
    I'll definitely implement it ideas!

12. ReneCZ

ReneCZ Rene Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Basically the Wynncraft version of Captain America

BTW Good Idea

13. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Oh, and the mana cost for the spells as they level up are a bit weird. 5-5-6? You either go 5-5-5 or 4-5-6.

Caldie likes this.
  14. Caldie

Minecraft:
    Thx, I'll fix it :3

15. _TheRealJesus

_TheRealJesus ._. HERO

Minecraft:
    I like this idea but most people hate the idea of a new class. But i like this kinda reminds me of captain america xD

Caldie likes this.
  16. Caldie

Minecraft:
    Bumpity Bump

17. Treysh

Treysh Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Has some balance issues I think

18. Caldie

Minecraft: