Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Skill Point Perks [1764+ Supporters] [salted Likes It]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Nepeta Leijon, Dec 29, 2015.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes.

92.3%
  2. Yes, but change... (Please suggest)

5.2%
  3. No, you need to change... (Please suggest)

0.3%
  4. No.

2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    It's because I've made the system to try and push players toward singular, double or tri-elemental builds rather than investing points in every category to become an invincible rainbow tank (Though I don't actually think anyone will actually invest 100 points into one skill type at 51, as that locks out a few options for armour and weapons). As well as this, there's no menu or any hints toward the Rainbow perks, making it sort of a secret perk set.

2. Stag2004

Stag2004 I lost my faith in humanity long time ago

Guild:
    I mean ya I hate rainbow tanks too but for the fairness I mentioned it

3. PurpleHeroZ

PurpleHeroZ Destroyer of Dreams

Minecraft:
    This threat is old. But still a great idea.

4. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    so ive come now in july 2017...can we harass salted to add this?

5. Stag2004

Guild:
    Make fire a set amount of hp rather than % cuz statue and stuff

6. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    The problem with that is everyone has different amounts of health. It was a set amount at the beginning, but if someone invests 50 points just to get 500 health, that might not be much to them if they have 10000 health already, whereas someone with a low health build could very easily gain 500 health just by investing their points into fire. With % based health, everyone gets a variable amount of health based on their total.

7. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    Perhaps have it based off the average for each level

Stag2004 likes this.
  8. Stag2004

Guild:
    Ya but its possible to get 20k health+ and when defense get fixed if you get 80 damage redoction from everything and have 20k health than you add %25 its 25k plus mages heal = unbitable cancer that is worse than rainbow tanks

9. Doot (Trumpet)

Doot (Trumpet) Well-Known Adventurer

WOOOOOO 1000 LIKES BBY! WE ALL GET BEERS FROM ME!

10. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    I'm not sure about movement speed on Fire, it's generally supposed to be a slow tank element, and a lot of Fire items have negative walk speed. I think Health Regen would be far more appropriate - a lot of Fire based items have it as a stat, and it fits the character of Wynncraft's Fire element. Walk Speed is almost entirely an Air characteristic.

That name doesn't seem like a rainbow perk name, as Water is its own element...

Seems to imply that you're a mage with the word 'Wizard'. Maybe 'Magic user' could make it fit other classes better?

How about 'You know everything there is to know about the synergy of the elements', or 'about the elemental composition of nature'? You clearly don't know everything there is to know about every element as you can learn more about any one of them by investing more points in any one skill.

Movement speed isn't really that much of a Thunder trait. I would replace it with some raw spell and melee, as that's much more associated with Thunder, and it plays into the faster attack speed. Dex potions even give raw melee.

Would the people of Wynncraft really know the chemical formula for water? It also ruins the elemental feel - water is an element made up of two... actual elements? One of which is also found in abundance in air, which is supposedly an entirely different element... what?

These three look a little unbalanced, some of them provide objectively better bonuses than others. I can see that this may be because of how some skills are less useful at low levels (int and def do very little), but it is something to be aware of.

ethanoot likes this.
  11. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    I can see your point there. I'll replace the walk speed with something more fire themed.

[​IMG]
    I was more themeing it around how you see rainbows through water, though I'll think of a better suited name that can't be confused with Water.

[​IMG]
    I guess I got a little carried away with the generic class elements here. I'll change Wizard to something else.

[​IMG]
    This was more a joke on the flavour texts of the other skills, "You know everything there is to know about [Element]", and how rainbow items have damage in every element. The question mark is meant to signify how you're not actually knowledgeable in all the elements.

[​IMG]
    I've seen quite a few thunder items with movement speed, and thunder generally ties in with a lot of air items too which give movement speed anyway.

[​IMG]
    I'm fairly certain most people know of the chemical formula for water, considering it's taught in school around the average age range for most Minecraft players anyway. Besides, it's just meant to be a name relating to water itself, because water is Hydrogen and Oxygen, and Water is the element it's under.

I think you're sort of looking into a deeper meaning of the name that's not actually there.

[​IMG]
    I tried to balance out the elements' perks at extremely low level to be not so weak it doesn't make a difference (like 1 or 3%), but unique in their own ways relating to the element. Water has a spell damage boost since it doesn't really give that great of a 'unique' bonus compared to other skills overall. Thunder has slightly less damage since it's a high-range element which has some fairly high damage weapons. Earth has a melee damage boost instead of an elemental one as Earth weapons are usually tied in with high levels of neutral too, and for someone progressing down the Earth route, having a neutral damage boost at the start I'd consider quite helpful.

sdkgjnio likes this.
  12. CutyDino

CutyDino Steam of Design

Minecraft:
    Very well made!
    Personally I would love to see this addition to the classic skill point system.
    Though i believe that the ''Rainbow'' perks shouldn't be there, since the system perks should be rather based of separate skills not the rainbow way.
    As some people choose to use rainbow skill points, then there should be quite a strict restriction of the balance of points.
    E.g - all of the ranks can have a max difference of 4. Or something along those lines.

Generally a really nice idea, I wish to see being added!

13. SeaOfPoison

SeaOfPoison Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    If this isn't added in 1.17 or 1.18 i'm actually going to blow my brains out

14. SizzlingBacon

SizzlingBacon Enlightened Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    dang this got a lot more supporters than last time i checked

Nepeta Leijon likes this.
  15. Triple_

Triple_ Jack of blades HERO

Minecraft:
    Cool system that kinda reminds me of the elder scrolls level up system, except well it actually does stuff. Very well put, but could use some number balancing in some areas!

16. __Spider_Man

__Spider_Man But That's None Of My Business...

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I SUPPORT IT!!!

17. Grion

Grion Hit that mf yeet. VIP+

Minecraft:
    omg.png
    10Characters

18. maple3142

maple3142 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    This sounds awesome

19. Nihilego36

Nihilego36 Avos Air Avos

Minecraft:
    About the Earth particles, they don't seem to suit Earth very well,
    Here's an improvement.
    2017-10-26_20.16.53.png
    Also, some of the descriptions are quite repetitive.
    Take the Master of [Element] ones.
    I'd suggest a few changes to the descriptions.

Improved Descriptions:

Master of Earth - Earth's roots grasp you, nourishing you with nutrients that give you power and strength.
    Master of Thunder - Your body tingles with electricity as the storm helps you hit your foes as hard as Thunder himself.
    Master of Water - You feel like the rivers and seas are in your control as Water gives you wisdom and empowers your spells.
    Master of Fire - A comfortably warm feeling flows throughout your body as you are given the defensive nature of Fire.
    Master of Air - As the winds blow at your back, Air gives you the very speed and agility that helps her dodge her enemies.

+more changes to other descriptions

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  20. MostWantedMinx

MostWantedMinx Skilled Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    This is honestly a cool idea. This should be added! +1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.