Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Forging

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Robbee, Jul 18, 2017.

?

Should this be added?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Maybe, but the idea needs to be reworked

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robbee

Robbee Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    So this is basically a rework of the current reidentifying-mechanic. Instead of getting completely random stats when you reidentify an item, you will always get improved stats.

For those who dont know how identifications work:
    Each item has "base-ids". If you identify an item, you will get random ids that can range from 30% of the base-value up to 130% of the base-value (at least for positive ids, the numbers for negative ids are different).
    For example, the Shameful Greaves have an base-Loot Bonus of 30%. So the Loot Bonus you can get can ranges from 0.3 * 30% = 9% to 1.3 * 30% = 39%.

So how does the forging exactly work? It will improve the current ids by a certain amount of percent (for example 5% or a random number up to 10%). Of course you cant go over the 130%.
    Lets say you forge a Shameful Greaves with 27% Loot Bonus, 90% of its base-value. It increases by 7% (97% total), so you will now have a Loot Bonus of 0.97 * 30% = 29% (round down).
    (Here appears also a problem for ids with low numbers: If you always round down it will become impossible to improve a 1/4s Mana Regen Morph-Stardust to a 2/4s one. Im not sure about a solution for this problem, maybe make rounding up/down random, depending on the exact value. So if you end up with 1.15/4s, theres a 15% chance to round up to 2/4s.)
    This can be repeated, but prices will grow exponentially.

But how can this improve the Server? The main purpose of this is to improve the economy in two ways:
    1. It creates a money sink.
    2. It will stop the increase of prices for items with good ids. At some point it will become cheaper to forge a medium Item into a good one instead of buying a good one for tons of LE.

Of course this has to be balanced. You shouldnt be able to turn every random Morph-Stardust into one with 50 SP. Rich players shouldnt become super-op with completely maxed out items. To get perfect ids it requires already good ids and a lot of money. And yes, it will be possible to max out all the ids of an item, at least the important ones. But is this really op? In my opinion its not. Its the same with T6-powders: They can greatly improve an item, but they are so expensive (at least for most players) that you have to carefully think about on wich items you use them.
    Some ways to balance it, besides from adjusting base-prices and stat-increases:
    - Prices grow exponentially, so forging an item more than a few times becomes unaffordable.
    - The price and/or the stat-increases could depend on the amount of stars the item has. Making an already good item even better or perfect should be more expensive. (Suggested by @Blastbasher)
    - The price and/or the stat-increases could depend on the tier of the item. Forging mythics should be much harder than forging an unique item.

What do you think about it?

And please excuse my grammar, Im German. xD

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Ghalt likes this.
  2. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It sounds kinda op

Epicness937 and SUPER M like this.
  3. Shya

Shya I have no friends! HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How does one forge an item? Where is this so-called forge found?

4. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nvm I just noticed you said you can't go over the 130%

5. Robbee

Minecraft:
    It replaces the current reidentifying. So you can do this either at the Item identifier or they add a new NPC at some places.

6. CoolVictor2002

CoolVictor2002 Dead meme expert,cyberbullied by NicBOMB CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i'm just thinking.. is it like the goblin tinkerer reforge mechanic from terraria?

7. tortellini

tortellini spoopy noodle VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wyatt?
    Someone copied a idea?
    Otherwise I like this idea but makes it so pretty much only godly mythics exist after awhile

8. CoolVictor2002

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well that's what i think of when i hear reforge

9. General Skien

General Skien is the best character in Wynncraft. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have a suggestion...

As the stars on the stats increase the cost will increase steadily and the item is identified the stat boosts will become smaller, causing those who like identifying mythics to go completely broke after their first 5 tries!(also making it increase a random stat or two by 3-10 as the base would be best, with -1 to the max per id). Also using the identifier for this would not make sense so using say a new NPC called Master Smith for re-identification (not first time ids), using a new NPC would really help fill those empty and useless houses in towns.

Now I'm aware of how hard making this work in-game would be, but still seems worth putting this out there as this is just a quickly made suggestion (don't wreck if it sucks).

Also they may of not played terraria before so don't say that :P

10. Robbee

Minecraft:
    I dont know Terraria, but i believe something like forging exists in quite a few games, so maybe.
    As the prices go up exponentially, forging a mythic more than a few times will become pretty much unaffordable. It all depends on the balancing of the prices and stat-increases.
    To increase the prices as the stats increase could help to balance this, I will add this. But I dont like the idea of restricting the stat-increase to -1 to the max per id. This would make items with perfect ids much more expensive as they already are, because there is no other way to get them. And if people like to pay tons of emeralds to increase their walk speed by 2%... Well, thats their decision.

Also, the prices/stat-increases could depend on the tier of the item. Mythics should be way harder to forge than a unique.

11. CoolVictor2002

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well the tinkerer makes a money sink too
    eg

sluggish megashark
    broken megashark
    annoying megashark
    awful megashark
    deadly megashark
    unreal megashark

GaryIsAdopted likes this.
  12. Lexwomy

Lexwomy Lexwomy HERO

Minecraft:
    The amount of stars should factor into the amount of money spent. So if you had like 8 stars on an id item, then you'd have a lottt of le to give.
    Some random formula thingie I came up with on the spot:

(# of stars) * (Lvl/2) * (tier multiplier) * (# of ids to forge) = EB spent.
    Tier multipliers:
    Unique = 1
    Rare = 1.8
    Legendary = 2.5
    Mythic = 16

So let's try it.
    You've got this greaves of the veneer and you want to improve it. It has 5 stars, and you want to improve the defense.

5 * 44.5 * 2.5 = 556 eb and 16 emeralds. That equates to about 9 le to guarantee improvement of an already not bad item (though why would you waste le on greaves of veneers when they're so common).
    so uniques and rares and legendaries are ezier to forge. However, if you want to forge Mythics, that's another story. People who have mythics usually are sooper rich, so they have plenty o le to spendd.

So if you want to forge this Grandmother's loot bonus up cuz wy not, then that would equate to about:

5 * 47.5 * 16 = 59 le. wew. That's really cheap for a guarantee highered stat for Stratiformis ( that's like 182730487213 stacks of profit there boi), and a really bad choice for other mythics. Perhaps mythic could have their own scale.... idk this should definitely be toned down tho xd

13. Robbee

Minecraft:
    I thought of something like the current formula of reidentifying. If we take the current formula, forging a Stratiformis four times would cost a total of 5,57 stacks, forging it another time would be 22,32 additional stacks. If we assume that each forging increases its stats by 5%, it would end up with 14% more walk speed, 2% more spell damage etc at the cost of 5,57 stacks.
    To take the stars into account, the cost could be multiplied with a factor a = 1 + 2* (number of stars) / (number of positive ids). (If you take the total number of stars and not the average number, it would affect items with a lot of ids much more). So the 5,57 stacks will increase, depending on how good the Stratiformis is.
    But this is just an example. Creating a really balanced formula requires some testing.
    Anyway, I dont think that forging mythics will increase their price, because every mythic can be forged. Compared to other forged Stratiformis, the forged Stratiformis doesnt get better.

14. Lexwomy

Lexwomy Lexwomy HERO

Minecraft:
    Makes sense

15. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    how much money did this guy eat from me...
    around 10 platinums maybe?
    gawd

CoolVictor2002 likes this.
  16. CoolVictor2002

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    looool

17. PurpleHeroZ

PurpleHeroZ Destroyer of Dreams

Minecraft:
    Sounds like a good idea! Might I make a suggestion, though?
    If every time a forge was successful, someone with plenty of emeralds to spare would quickly become very ah..powerful. What if the more you forged an equipment, the chances of it failing would increase? The chances of failure wouldn't be 50/50 obviously, but it's a thought.

RogP likes this.
  18. Robbee

Minecraft:
    What happens if it fails? Just nothing or does the item get worse?
    I personally think that exponentially increasing prices are enough to prevent players from making op-equipment. If you take the current formula for reidentifying, it would cost serveral stacks of le to forge an endgame legendary more than three or four times. And even if you do so, it would only give you like 5% more walkspeed or +100 health, which is of course an advantage, but doesnt make someone op.
    But I guess only testing can tell how to balance it exactly.

19. JohnaldBot313

JohnaldBot313 TheDweebOfMafiaGames

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So are you saying this. You want to take ANY piece of gear, and make it overpowered, even better than mythics.

Noope sir

20. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's not the suggestion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.