Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Discord Partnership

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by theGordHoard, Jun 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theGordHoard

theGordHoard Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    The Discord server at the time of writing has well over 1500 members. This and other factors of the server suggest that Discord Partnership is a good opportunity for the community to grow more. More information on Discord Partnerships can be found at discordapp. com/partners.

Ghalt and Jbip like this.
  2. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What's that

coolname2034 likes this.
  3. theGordHoard

Minecraft:
    A Discord Partnership grants a server multiple benefits, such as batter voice servers, custom invite link backgrounds, and other features. This is a great opportunity for a Discord Server, and more information can be found at discordapp. com/partners

I can't link because not enough posts

Ghalt likes this.
  4. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Yeah nah.
    That doesn't work. Fill in a Q&A style that answers our questions.

coolname2034 likes this.
  5. theGordHoard

Minecraft:
    Q:
    A: According to Discord's official web page on Discord Partnerships, a Discord Partnership is "Join[ing] the Discord fam and get partner-only tools to make you stand out". When a community, such as Wynncraft, gets partnered with Discord, they get multiple benefits, such as a vanity URL for invites to the server (e.g., discord. gg/wynncraft), a custom splash screen on invite links (an example can be found at discord. gg/mystic), more robust VIP voice servers, giving you better voice chat performance, a badge to put on the website to show that you are a Discord Partner, and for the owner of the server, a Discord hoodie, a badge on their account, and Discord Nitro (a premium service from discord). It is a very good opportunity for a community, and I believe that Wynncraft would be a great fit for a Partner. I can not guarantee that if it is applied for, that you will receive it, but I feel it should be applied for all the same. More information, like before, can be found at Discord's officail page on the topic, discordapp. com/partners.

Q:
    A: Yes, I did create an account on the forum just for this. I found out about Wynncraft just this week and joined the Discord sever to find out more about what it is. I have not had much time to be on the actual server yet, but I am hoping that I am able to spend more time on it. When I saw how many members the Discord Server had, I thought I would suggest that the community should get a Discord Partnership. I was then reported for advertising, even though the link I posted in Discord went to Discord's official page on Partnerships. Later I was told that I would have better luck posting this on the forums, which I did as you can see. As I am new to Wynncraft, I did not have a forums account, so I made one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2017
    Ghalt likes this.
  6. colin350

colin350 The Best Admin (duh) HERO CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This could be a way for the server to increase player count... at least for a brief time anyway. Based on what I'm reading, partnership doesn't cost a fee, which is good, but we'd have to apply for it. It's not guaranteed that we'd get the partnership even after applying anyway. The link is also legit.

I hope that while you are suggesting this, you are doing so with selfless intent. Frankly, you won't get any form of status here just by suggesting this. You won't get a prize either. You can have thread bragging rights, but that's about it.

Pokextreme likes this.
  7. theGordHoard

Minecraft:
    I fully understand this, and I was not expecting any reward. I was just wanting to help promote a community that I hope to have a fun time being a part of.

CookedPelvis and Pokextreme like this.
  8. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What's with the ranting?
    I don't see anything wrong in this suggestion, actually it's only good things
    This could kinda help wynn in a way

9. PurpleHeroZ

PurpleHeroZ Destroyer of Dreams

Minecraft:
    Is it a good idea? A bad idea? I'm all turned around since the other replies to this thread are mixed!
    In my opinion though, it could possibly benefit the server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.