Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Are Element Tanks Balanced?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Jun 19, 2017.

?

What is your opinion on element tank builds?

1. I think element tank builds are totally balanced.

14 vote(s)
    6.6%
  2. I think element tank builds are balanced, but over-used.

45 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. I think element tank builds are overpowered.

21 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I think element tank builds are overpowered and over-used.

74 vote(s)
    35.1%
  5. I think element tank builds are underpowered.

6 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. I think element tanks are necessary in any build.

20 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. I think element tanks are overused.

32 vote(s)
    15.2%
  8. I think the system is broken, so if it were fixed they would be fine.

88 vote(s)
    41.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    So basically, you want to rework spell damage for elemental defenses?

2. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Raw damage ignores Defense (it isn't neutral damage)

That said Agility basically removes any worth raw damage has.

3. Spu

Spu ✧ JUST A MEME ✧ CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It'd be just a measure to make it less vital to get a good matchup, with this mechanic, you'd no longer be able to tank people who can't deal good damage in one go, but if you apply this to elemental weaknesses, then you'd no longer be able to one hit mobs with arrow storm in their face.

That could also be applied to mobs so people weak against one boss don't get instantly destroyed by a multihit or a flamethrower that just adds weakness x 10.

Overall it'd make fighting less glass canonny.

If you want me to elaborate I'll go ahead

4. Emeraldruler

Emeraldruler God of Emeralds | Fire Mage VIP

Minecraft:
    Alright, so I took a bit of time to think about this since I've wanted to comment on this topic for a while. (Also please forgive any typos as I am on mobile at the moment being on vacation away from my computer.)

From my experience it's the system that's broken. For starters in the current system having any negative elemental defense is basically suicide due to how broken it is and that defense (skill point) doesn't defend against elemental damage. Given this and as a player who prefers good survivability I am more enclined to attempt to get positive defense in every element if at all possible. The current system also makes it that having super high defense makes you nearly unkillable yet having any negative completely screws you over.

Secondly the reason items like stardust and prism are so good is due to the fact that a lot of endgame items have fairly high skill point requirements, since most skill point items also give elemental defense furthering the effect of people having insane defenses.

As for morph stardust being op, yes its strong but it can take a while to get a good one, most people forget this and from my experience stardust needs to be 47+ skill points and 2/4 mana regen to be "good". Nerfing the skill points in any way will cripple its usage in sp tight builds that use hive items and need the mana regen for example, given this nerfing the elemental defenses to say 50 each and the hp down to 3000 would seem reasonable except that certain builds would begin to have negative defenses, which as previously mentioned, is suicide in the current system. As for the mana regen it's useful but given the builds stardust is used in, the mana regen is needed if you want to cast spells. Honestly I'm not sure how stardust could be balanced as any reductions would ruin its functionality in different builds, there was a suggestion a while ago about making a rarer set tier and I believe this would be a good solution for stardust but I'm not sure if it would work completely.

For hive items, they're balanced given that you only get one per class and the armor is fairly restrictive in requirements, especially if you want to use two of them.

Gemini is fairly balanced as well given its high requirements, will be balanced completely if the defense system is fixed.

Any other "op" rainbow items or unused items is pretty much a case of the system being broken as previously mentioned with negative defenses being suicide and positives being way to strong. Granted this is just my opinion and it's very possible I could be wrong on some of these but at least I'm saying my thoughts for once. Sorry if this was a bit long but the balance of games is something that typically interests me.

EDIT: So I did a bit more thinking on stardust, the thing people forget is its hard to nerf since it follows a specific pattern put down by the morph set as a whole. The basic pattern being an increasing amount of hp and elemental defenses with each higher level piece, not only that but they all have the ids of all skill points (increasing with higher level) and some misc. id such as spell damage, exploding, mana regen, etc. needing any of those would make it no longer fit the morph set pattern which would over all be quite odd.

Overall I believe certain items need a bit of a buff as most items when obtained are compared to items like stardust, prism, etc. but even if those items get a nerf it doesn't mean the problem if fixed, people will still go for rainbow def as long as the current system that is in place making it that negative/low defenses will almost always result in a few deaths. (Ok time to hope people read this wall of text that is lacking any fancy colors.)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  5. Locky1110

Locky1110 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There not as op as they used to be due to gravity nerfs

6. dead zeffe

dead zeffe Guest

The goal of the tank is to take the focus of mobs and get a lot of health but i think with the ppl always trying to find new builds for perfect defense it's no longer having a lot of hp matters, now they want take 0 dmg with neutral/elemental or even get air skills points for dodge, i think the tank goes too far (cmon srsly mage air tank statue stop This)

TheHipster and Stag2001 like this.
  7. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Or just make it remove a set % of damage

8. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    That first example isn't even how elemental defense works tho ;-;

LarzLapiz likes this.
  9. Stag2001

Stag2001 360 mlg hipster cat CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Aaawwww yis

10. Spu

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Enlighten me then

11. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    At least in pvp, your elemental defences reduces the BASE DAMAGE of a weapon. This means that high attack speed weapons like stratiformis need a minor amount of elemental defence to block, ~700 stops it all, but alkatraz needs the upper thousands of Earth defence. It makes slower weapons objectively better, due to defence peircing. This is why +Tier is so strong

https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/how-damage-is-calculated.176082/

Triverr likes this.
  12. Spu

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I guess there isn't just this to fix then :thinking:

13. DragonEngineer

DragonEngineer Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Just from my experience because I have an elemental tank warrior...

Although it's strong in PvE, it is actually weak in PvP considering that Poison can counter any Tank or high dps builds. It does have some weakness to neutral damage in Orange Cybel fight.

Tbh what needs attention is poison build because nothing counters poison builds.

14. Stag2001

Minecraft:
    Glass mage.

15. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Seriously, why would elemental tanks be underpowered? LOL. Why is that even an option?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

XavierEXE and Chun_ like this.
  16. bluepenguin1002

bluepenguin1002 Waddling penguin

Minecraft:
    Erm whats an elemental tank...?

17. Spinel

Spinel Pronounced Spin-nell, not Spine-el VIP+

Minecraft:
    An elemental tank, also called a rainbow tank, is when you full tank on every element. All rainbow tank builds tend to use gear like prism, morph stardust, etc. Unlike a single element build, an elemental tank build requires shared skill points in every element rather than just one or two.

18. bluepenguin1002

bluepenguin1002 Waddling penguin

Minecraft:
    Ok makes sense I have no builds (other than scrapping together whatever i come across) so i'm just going to leave....

19. Chun_

Chun_ Any broken builds founder,nerfed by Salted VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It has never been overpowered in his eyes maybe.

20. Stag2001

Minecraft:
    Overpowered or not, just take a look at class builds and you'll see you need to either NERF THE HELL OUT OF HIVE ITEMS or BUFF OTHER NON-TANK ITEMS

And fix rainbow def kthx

Hephaestus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.