Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Houses On Wynncraft?

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Envoful, Jun 21, 2017.

Tags:
?

Should we be allowed to get and own houses in Wynncraft?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. N0

40 vote(s)
    83.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Envoful

Envoful Newbie Adventurer

We should be able to buy houses, the better the more expensive house? We could talk to a NPC and they will make it for us, and once we relog it'll be made on a island with a bunch of other people making and creating houses, Or it could be in a seperate realm where its your own private island that you can invite your friends to. I think if we were to do this it should be for high levels only such as above level 80.

2. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    No, no, no, no, no.

Okay, first: no detail.

Second: why would you have to relog

Third: This would be an island of dicks

Four: This has no place in Wynn

tecnojet, Pokextreme, Aya and 5 others like this.
  3. Envoful

Idk you dont necessairly have to relog- it could go differently. also you could have your personal island. no like in the wynn province or gavel. it'll be in a different realm

4. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Housing suggestion threads at this point are basically taboo, there have been hundreds of housing suggestions before yours, with 100x more detail, yet still got the same criticism, it's just not happening.

5. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    It's not just taboo, really, it's just that most of them are terrible no matter the detail.
    You're gonna need a lot more detail than that. And it still will not fit in Wynn.

coolname2034 and ThomAnn100 like this.
  6. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1. We're soldiers, not builders.
    2. Wynn doesn't have the money to afford separate servers.

NinjaPro8000 and coolname2034 like this.
  7. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Let's say everyone gets a chunk
    We have more than 2mill unique logins, that's 2mill chunks. This will lag the server hardcore.
    Mine didn't get criticism

8. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    While yours is decent, the thing is, it's not really "housing" in the traditional sense, it's more of an area where you can hang out, it doesn't really contain the kind of stuff that makes housing threads so poorly made in the first place.

coolname2034 likes this.
  9. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    For what reason?

10. Poiu429

Poiu429 yote VIP+

Minecraft:
    1: Detail.
    2: Something like this won't ever happen. Here's why:
    • Wynncraft is a game about exploration. It's not like Skyrim, where the player is meant to have a life and possibly a family in a harsh, Nordic world. The whole point is that you're pretty much a mercenary who does good things.
    • The whole point of having housing is to have a house in your favorite city/land, not on a secluded island.
    • Wynncraft doesn't have the money to host extra servers just for housing.
    • If there is an island where people could build and possibly grief people's houses.. no one would go there. For obvious reasons.
    3: Detail.

Note: Yuno's suggestion isn't really housing.. it's more like.. a community space. Full of NPCs. So.. a dorm, maybe?

coolname2034 likes this.
  11. _Sephyr_

_Sephyr_ Obvious satire HERO

Minecraft:
    Just go to a random house and rp, problem solved.

coolname2034 likes this.
  12. ThaumaturgX

ThaumaturgX Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Another housing thread... Lets make players able to break blocks in the world and place them anywhere they want! We should also get rid of our spells, class weapons and armor stats. We will also need to add enchantments so best players will have enchanted diamond gear.

This is what would happen to Wynn if housing is added. Wynncraft is an RPG server, not survival one.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    NinjaPro8000 and coolname2034 like this.
  13. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    This is why we need a ruled-out ideas thread. People should know prior to posting if their idea has been suggested or rejected a million times b4.

14. RedstoneLogic

RedstoneLogic Has a neato shop haha please buy my stuff HERO

Minecraft:
    I saw the flame coming when I read 'Housing.'

15. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    Really?
    Consider the following quests:

Grave Digger - digging around corpses and manipulating an alcoholic in order to get some random guy rich

Cluck Cluck - killing a chicken for no good reason

Heart of Llevigar - putting yourself, an inexperienced warrior in charge of a delicate and critical engineering disaster at the expense of an honest professional

Star thief - finding someone clearly mad and returning the source of madness

Death Whistle - helping a black market dealer acquire illegal plants

Beneath the Depths - helping a pirate get his stolen goods back

Lost Royalty - leaving the King's son in the care of dangerous mercenaries because he's too young to understand it's not a good idea

Grand Youth - you give a child a potion of eternal youth for his non-existent grandfather... wonder what he used that for

Shattered Minds - helping fuel Efelim's drug addiction problem

Forbidden Prison - breaking into prison and escaping for no real reason

Acquiring Credentials - doing a ton of illegal things to get a random guy the passport ho thinks is lost

The Thanos Vaults - stealing ancient treasure and giving it to some random dwarf

The Hidden City - crash an airship, destroy a fountain and kill a person for no reason

Royal Trials - carrying out a burglary in order to gain status in a criminal organisation

I take your point in general, but Wynncraft is a bit ambiguous from a moral position.

_Sephyr_ likes this.
  16. Poiu429

Poiu429 yote VIP+

Minecraft:
    And this is a small number (comparatively). We have 119 quests (I think). And there are other quests that force you to do morally ambiguous things (like Mushroom Man). But there are also plenty of quests where you do a lot of good. I'm not going to mention them since I'm sure you know what they are (and yes I know that I'm arguing your point, that "Wynncraft is a bit morally ambiguous"). Also, when in Hidden City do we kill someone? I guess maybe when we crash the ship? But an engineer willingly installs a "STOP ENGINE" button.. and I don't think we kill Ardulf (although he has done some pretty shitty things).

TBH what confuses me is the quest Reincarnation (and by extension, Cluck Cluck). Bob wants you to kill his animals. Why? It doesn't make sense. I mean, I could make an argument about game mechanics and how it's outdated (since Reincarnation doesn't really need a reboot), but I'm not.
    I guess you might do some good, as the sheep cultists might a) realize the error of their way, or b) hate you eternally. But at least you give the possibility for a to happen, and that's better than nothing, right?

This housing thread became a discussion about all the bad shit the player does .__.

17. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:

18. Envoful

Listen I didn't mean "Breaking blocks and building houses". I meant We could say buy "dorms" pretty much. The better the dorm is, the more expensive it should be. It can be on like a ig server just for housing? Where far away travelers can come to relax and socialize with other Wynncraft Adventurers- In the IN GAME SERVER, there could as well be a Tavern and different things for the Wynncraft Adventurers do to in this newly found society.

I also Apologize- I'm new to the server, I've only been playing for about 1 month now. I was not aware that there were other housing threads.

This apology is for everyone that comment "OH GREATTTT ANOTHER HOUSING THREAD JUST WHAT WE WANTED". == I'm Exaggerating
    There wouldn't be griefing unless you allowed the person in your house, YOU MUST INVITE THE PERSON IN YOUR HOUSE FOR THEM TO BE ALLOWED INSIDE. if you invite them in and they grief your fault also you should be allowed to kick the person out as well..

19. Poiu429

Poiu429 yote VIP+

Minecraft:
    Well put this in your original post. It's not fair to assume that we know something that you haven't mentioned.

20. Thilyzh_

Thilyzh_ Adventurous ghillie soldier VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is what is meant with detail.
    When making a suggestion, you have to think out, and eliminate, every possible thing you can that the reader can get confused about. You need to explain exactly how you want your suggestion to work and do the same for every little aspect of the feature suggested. Images of examples or references to something the reader can relate to, will make it easier to explain.
    When that is done, the community can discuss whether or not the idea behind the suggestion is good, and if there is something that should be changed about it.

Oh, and if you want to socialize with other players in-game, try going to Detlas on WC1 or WC2. (This also being a reason I am not a fan of this suggestion. I just don't think it will be used the way you want it to.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.