Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Weekend Randomized Quest And Special Merchant

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by MGAvenger, May 13, 2017.

?

How do you feel about this Idea and do you think it would increase replay ability with the server?

1. Yes, and It would Increase Replayability

15 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Yes, but wouldn't increase Replayability (Tell me why in the Comments)

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. No (Tell me why in the Comments)

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MGAvenger

MGAvenger Done

Minecraft:
    As a base for this suggestion, I would look towards a few games that do a sort of variation of this. Destiny and Warframe. I am not sure if this is 100% possible, I would need some responses and information from staff to see if the ability to add things every weekend and remove them would be possible.

My Suggestion is a quest that is randomized every week that starts from the same NPC. This NPC could be located in Legendary Island (Reasons explained later in the post) or somewhere High leveled.

Every after a server reset, this NPC appears. The NPC contains a quest that is 3-6 steps long. Its steps can range from completing a dungeon to collecting some drops to just bringing him some E/EB/LE. Once the quest is complete he rewards you with a type of currency, special to the quest. You can only receive this currency from this quest and the currency can only be used on a special merchant.

This merchant could be a Black Market Dealer, thief, or something along those lines, giving it the mysterious vibes. This merchant comes once a month, the first week to be exact. He holds special Legendary (Maybe even add a whole new class IE: Exotic, Ect.) and these are some amazing items.

This whole idea brings back the MMO type feel to Wynncraft, making players want to come back every week. It gives them the chance to get on and say "Hey, lets do some of the weekly things I got to get done. Lets work on that quest that gives us [Enter Currency Name Here] (Possible names: Rare Gem, Coin of Fortune) ".
    The monthly Merchant (Who would stay for the whole week of the time he would be there.) would also make something that players could work towards. This way, players have a chance to stay on more and give me feed back and ultimately make the server better! (Not that it already isn't amazing)

Please give me some feed back about this and hopefully this is possible enough to make into a real thing!

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  2. Crimson Corsair

Crimson Corsair Le funny Corkus Corsair

Minecraft:
    Excellent and original idea. Add a poll please. +1

3. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    I legitimately cannot bear to look at this

even black text is easier to read than this is

EDIT: Upon making the text a non-blinding colour; why did you class Mythical as a new class? Even so, having a new class of item isn't a good idea. At most just a "Merchant" tier.

6 steps is also too long for what you've described as possible quests, not to mention the quests you listed are all horrible quest bases. Fetch quests and the like are all terrible.

Wynn shouldn't have to rely on weekly events to have returning players, either; we especially don't want it to turn into a chore. Best to have real content that keeps player combing back.

coolname2034, ThomAnn100 and Thilyzh_ like this.
  4. MGAvenger

MGAvenger Done

Minecraft:
  5. captainganon

Minecraft:
    Ya' could've made it None, but this is still better, thanks. Added some real critique, too.

6. MGAvenger

MGAvenger Done

Minecraft:
    I edited a few things in there that were my fault (IE: Mythical and the 6 steps) I actually typed out all of the different classes of gear to find something that fit, and it happened to slip by, should re-read it, that is my bad. Thinking about it now 6 steps is probably a lot but I changed it to 3-6, just in case there are easy steps.

I understand what you mean about not having these "Chores" around every week and how they don't have to rely on returning players. It's an idea to have something for people to work towards that might seem a bit like a chore but every game has that once quest or that one thing that always seems like a chore. And this chore will give a very good allowance if done very well throughout the weeks. It also helps if there is a content drought.

The ideas are just thoughts brought up real quick, and I am sure if given to the GM's the quest(s) will get more in depth and have better steps

Thank you for the Feedback! I really Appreciated it!

EDIT: I also stole you "Merchant" Class Idea. Hopefully you didn't claim Intellectual Property

7. Thilyzh_

Thilyzh_ Adventurous ghillie soldier VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree with captainganon on this. There are already Monthly Crates, and Daily Rewards implemented, and more of the lot would make Wynncraft tedious and repetitive in the long run. I have heard and seen many examples of this sort turning into something you just did and then logged off again until the next term came around. Then players got tired of it and stopped playing entirely.
    I am mostly thinking of the players that have finished the game, maybe even multiple times, and have not much else to do. Those are the ones who will benefit from this, but they don't need it. They need content they can dig into, something that can keep them busy. I don't think this idea can do that.

ThomAnn100 likes this.
  8. captainganon

Minecraft:
    Fair enough. To help with it not being a chore, though, the amount of steps should definitely be around 2-4, as opposed to 6.
    See, the problem with weekly quests is that there's a back and forth of cons. If they're long and quickly created, they'll be chorelike. If they're long and good, then it'll be a problem to create new ones for each week. If they're short, it's really hard to make them good. To manage to be short as well as good, there needs to be more than just an NPC added. The reason other MMORPGs can manage to have weekly content that's good is because they have big, professional teams that work on the game as a job. Wynn doesn't have that.
    You're fine. That's what feedback's for ;)

Now, if you don't mind, I've come up with an idea that, while not perfect, may help make weekly tasks a bit more interesting without being tough.

Imagine, if you will, a world in which a bounty hunter's tavern. Perhaps even just a billboard, located in that one place in Detlas next to the bank with no use. On it, there's a wanted poster (custom map) with a name and caricature (or just a simple drawing) of a mob or a mob's face that acts as a quest NPC. Perhaps there's even several, with just one that is actually an NPC.
    Every week, a different one would appear. Should you accept the bounty, you right click the wanted poster to start the quest. You'll then be told where the mob will spawn (some location appropriate for the level of the player). Then, you hunt down the monster and kill it, resulting in it dropping it's head.
    Return to the tavern and give the head to the barkeep, who will give you one Merchant's Coupon (or something similar). Using that, you may receive an item from a Merchant also within the tavern.

ThomAnn100 and MGAvenger like this.
  9. MGAvenger

MGAvenger Done

Minecraft:
    Make this into a separate post, because this is a great idea. It reminds me of Final Fantasy XV's bounty hunts. Ill defiantly say this is a great idea, better than mine!

10. captainganon

Minecraft:
    You're too kind <3

But really, I don't have any ideas on what the items could be, or what the stats for each monster would be. I'm pretty bad at balancing that stuff.

ThomAnn100 likes this.
  11. MGAvenger

MGAvenger Done

Minecraft:
    That's what the GM's are for! If we give this idea to the GM's, they can run with it and make it into something balanced and the items could be well balanced. The monsters could be in some of the grinding caves as well, sort of introducing the grinding aspect to newer players.

12. captainganon

Minecraft:
    Personally I don't think anything should be passed off on the GMs, or at least as little as possible. Using the weeklies as an introduction to grinding doesn't seem like a great thing, since Wynn has tried it's hardest to bring time spent grinding as low as possible.

However, I'll consider making a thread about it.

ThomAnn100 and MGAvenger like this.
  13. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The reward could just be some emeralds and XP, and the mobs could really just be a fast mob that charges or runs away from you, it's health can be like a three or four shot

14. Reefive

Reefive Do you hate the assassin? VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Great idea... But you want staff to reply... There is over 100k players that ever joined wynncraft... and like less then 500 GM/Builders/Admins.../.../... etc.
    Low chance they will give you attention but...
    I FING LOVE YOUR IDEA!!!

15. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    A whole damn quest a week is too much work.

16. bluepenguin1002

bluepenguin1002 Waddling penguin

Minecraft:
    Right this could be good but there's a few problems, their not really with the idea itself (which would be cool) but how your suggesting we pull it of. You said the npc comes back every time the server resets, this accualy happens alot and is not a once a day the server resets. Also if a server reset is simpley somebody changing servers you could get somebody who completed the quest and then changed servers to do it again. Another thing, The Theif merchant thing could also be a problem considering that it only comes once a month. If somebody forgets that the merchant is comming on that specifc week/day they might miss it and half to wait another month for another shot. Other than that this would be fun but why limmit it to a high level why not let the low levels do it aswell?

17. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    o boi
    black text
    k bai i wont put effort on reading this

IgnisDragon likes this.
  18. Nesaak

Nesaak Good boy HERO

Minecraft:
    Can you change the text color, It's hurting my eyes. Anyway besides that it looks like a legitimate suggestion, I've heard similar idea but I really like this one!

19. colin350

colin350 The Best Admin (duh) HERO CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This isn't a bad suggestion that you have made, however, reading it reminded me of Destiny very fondly. In fact, we don't want to be too much like Destiny.

We also want to draw players into the game. Making it too much like a game already made, but in mc, could do more hurt in the long run.

I could see a way for the randomized weekend events could work, however, we are working on refactor right now and Jumla has a lot on his plate right now.

Although inspiration is good from another game, having a lot more original thought and original functionality would be ideal.

Please note: I'm a member of CT and one of the developers, but not considered a staff member.

coolname2034 likes this.
  20. coolname2034

coolname2034 Formerly known as NPCGrian HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Unoriginal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.