Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Im Team Applications + Item Rebalance Changelog

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The last time I touched a Mythic, even with permission, Salted rewrote the changes and put it back to how it was before. So, I don't touch Mythics; that's something you'll need to take up with the cow.

2. JustHaksNoSkill

JustHaksNoSkill Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    crossing fingers that the agility for gemini goes to 60...

3. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    Not gonna happen

4. Thunder

Thunder Chief Thunder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Was it Az?

5. Stag2001

Stag2001 360 mlg hipster cat CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yes.

orange0404 likes this.
  6. C4rdiaK

C4rdiaK Secret leader of the world VIP+

Minecraft:
    When will all those nerf will come to an end ?
    I mean I want to make a huile but I don't want to see it getting nerfed 1 week later.

7. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Like I get that CoI got a nerf so it had 250 less HP and somewhat more -raw spell, but imo its not enough. 250 HP is measly for lvl 98 and it already doesn't care about spells. I'd personally like to see it get a further HP nerf and maybe element defense drawbacks.

Stag2001, Cosomos and LarzLapiz like this.
  8. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    So melee build us to be more glass cannon? Melee builds might seemed to be powerful but it's only easily powerful when you use it with mythics, which they already are. Non mythic melee builds are often lacking damage or struggling with elemental defences and skill points.

Melee builds are set to be a part of the gameplay, not some op shit thats everyone's using or shit af that's no ones using(which it used to be before Centipede and Burnout), nerfing melee items are honestly unnecessary. In fact there should be more items added with + tier as it's basically melee build's equivilent of mana regen in spell builds.

Viability of melee builds should be equal to spell builds. Two different playstyle should be equally enjoyable by players and none should be a superior or inferior option, spells should not be what the game only focuses about. Well, in an ideal world that is.

9. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    While I agree with that, my problem with CoI is that it is often seen to be completely superior to Taurus, despite the Taurus buff. There are almost no alternatives in the Quick Melee meta - Taurus is too slow, Puppeteer is still too slow, and Mummy's Rag is much more glassy.

10. Cosomos

Cosomos Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    To me + Attack Speed items should have + raw melee, not huge + % melee.
    CoI is still too strong for it's position, I would not make it more of a glass cannon, but I would nuke it's % Melee down to 10% and have the raw melee be 250 base
    @SilverMirror
    The problem with CoI is that it is a melee meta who would put 90 strength into Taurus, when you could use a Chestplate that nerfs spells and gives you more % melee and boosts your Attack Speed instead of tanks it? The Attack Speed alone is enough reason to use it it does not need enormous % melee.

Jacquie, Gigavern, Cruuk and 2 others like this.
  11. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    wE NEED MORE AIR MELEE WEAPONS

Stag2001 and Cosomos like this.
  12. Stag2001

Stag2001 360 mlg hipster cat CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Eidolon <3

SilverMirror likes this.
  13. Cosomos

Minecraft:
    Honestly I am thinking maybe raw melee should be effected by Attack Speed like raw spell is effected by spell multiplier?
    That would help Taurus and other raw melee items, while not needing to worry about it being exploited by high Attack Speed. Although some items may need to be adjusted. And that would be a job for Jumla.

14. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Raw ANYTHING is not affected by any multiplier. It's literally <insert spell/damage/health formulas here>+Raw spell/melee/regen .

15. Chun_

Chun_ Any broken builds founder,nerfed by Salted VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Another Cancer abuse on melee? I'll take it.

Pokextreme and Stag2001 like this.
  16. Cosomos

Minecraft:
    Tell that to @motoki1
    Section 3.3 Raw Spell Damage
    It would use current Attack Speed and your Raw Melee Damage would be divided by your hits per second.
    4.3 for Super Fast and 0.51 for Super Slow

17. motoki1

motoki1 The Damage Calculation Scientist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Really? I can see Raw Spell damage is affected by each Spell's different multipliers (e.g. 250% for Bomb Arrow, 400% for Meteor, 20% for Arrow Storm).
    I thought it was intended feature because it actually help balancing the damage nicely... Is it a bug or a feature?

PS: If what damage indicator tells is not wrong, Quake/Chain Lightning's damages boosts Raw Melee.

Kaelan~, Stag2001 and Cosomos like this.
  18. Cosomos

Minecraft:
    Arrow storm with +1k spell damage per arrow...
    I think it is a feature or a very fortunate bug...
    Thank god we never experienced the horror without it...
    Selvut thanks again for doing what few would dare to do and balance the items

TwageTomato, Stag2001 and motoki1 like this.
  19. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eh personally I think it shouldn't because even Taurus can get Super Fast attack speed while being reasonably defensive for a melee build.

Edit: What we need is a good amount of raw melee items like Pisces. Taurus exists but it doesn't particularly work as well with other raw Melee items. Its better off with Cancer-Chakram.

20. Cosomos

Minecraft:
    I really don't like that it is only better off being used with only Cancer, Taurus was made to be used at super slow speed, but people combine it with Cancer because they think super fast speed is the melee meta and Raw Melee at super fast is overly strong.
    So I wanted to add some functionality to super slow, by factoring in HpS. It would effectively double the amount of raw melee on Taurus, while making Cancer-Taurus less practical(about 1/4 of what it was before). I know it is alot to do that for one item, but it makes raw melee useful to all weapon attack speed's and base damage's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.