Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Vr Support Please!

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by SayThink, Apr 21, 2017.

?

Would it make the game more immersive if you could see players with lifelike movement in game?

1. Yes

34.7%
  2. No

65.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SayThink

SayThink Travelled Adventurer

as it is right now, the very popular minecraft mod Vivecraft has a very large fan base of thousands.
    They have a simple vr plugin that has several features that can be enabled or disabled at the server admins discretion, such as teleporting to get around, being able to scale mountains with your hands, or big jumps. It also will show other players how the vr user is really moving with his head and arms if the plugin is installed on all who wish to see more lifelike players in wynncraft.
    I'm enjoying wynncraft right now in vr but without many of the great features of using the vivecraft vr mod due to the server not having the vr compatible plugin, such as real archery, physically swinging my sword, and climbing latters by actually grabbing the wrongs to climb up. If you did support the plugin you could disable teleportation locomotion, climbing and jumping as to prevent vr players from exploiting quests and gameplay.

There are over a million vr pc users who can play vivecraft and there are many who do. Please consider adding support, if even just one server dedicated to it.

Vivecraft.org is the URL for more details on the mod, and the server Plugin. Of the many plugins I've had on a personal server with the vivecraft plugin, I've had zero issues.

Please consider it. Thank you.

Gorax42, Vyzzle and vendaar like this.
  2. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    VR sounds pretty cool and all, but just from reading this thread it sounds like a harrowing nightmare for our coders, and they're already busy with other Wynn stuff.

If you state that that Vivecraft is "very popular" and has "over a million vr pc users" then how come I've never heard of it until now? I've never seen discussion about it in the nearly 4 years I've spent here, in fact, I've never seen it be discussed on any other forum or message related to Minecraft. You would think that something with a fanbase of over a million would've circulated here a while ago, hmm.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  3. Prie

Prie gaming HERO

Minecraft:
    One of the main reasons people play Wynn is that it doesn't require mods. It's easy and simple to play. The mod also needs to be 100% compatible with OS versions, there's people out there who can't run forge

4. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    Having it as an option would be cool, but it's simply not a viable feature as of now.

vendaar likes this.
  5. SayThink

The vivecraft mod came out last year. There has been over a hundred threads discussed with thousands of comments on the place where it would find the most fans, a VR forum r/vive.

Users on wynncraft wouldn't need any mods at all. The server admin would just add the plugin. Nothing would change for all other users.

Enabling the plugin might just work out the door. No coding, just a few tweaks to a very small config file. Then boom, vr players could play. It's worth the few minutes it would take to test it no? It really is just a few moments to test it.

vendaar likes this.
  6. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Wynn has you spinning around and moving too much. It'd be tok hard to play on a HTC vive or whatever

gadfskhj likes this.
  7. Ezohn

Ezohn You are now manually breathing and maybe yawning.

Minecraft:
    And all of the poor people can bow down to the gods, but realize you can't do shit when it comes to fighting anything, and the humans without the vr headset rejoice in harmony, as the vr peasants drown in water and get rekt by any obstacle in their path. The non vr emperors taunt the vr piles of dirt in chat, but the vr things can't respond. the vr nightmares realize that spells have become harder, and aiming is a pain. In the span of 5 hours, this plugin is forgotten.

8. SayThink

As utterly rude and offensive as that is to say to me being that I absolutely love my vive, you'll realize how Misinformed you are.
    I've already been play wynncraft in vr for 8 hours, casting spells easily (and sometimes I even use voice attack to cast them which is a lot of fun in vr) in roomscale, and for the uninformed aiming is just as good and way more fun. The reason I ask the admin to add the plugin is so that some of the best features can be used such as rowing a boat. I've chatted with people in text no problem. I'm a lvl 17 darkmage. I am also enjoying it with mr meeps shaders. In some multi platform games, such as serious sam, I am often one of the better players in deathmatch going up against pc users. And that game has you spinning. Vivecraft however doesn't run at anywhere near that velocity.

For the uninformed and people who don't drink the community coolaid, here's a funny video of how vivecraft puts you standing in the world, and how I stand and walk around and fight in wynncraft:

Search PWfey8G3Rbk on YouTube . (Sorry I cannot post links yet I'm new to this community)

RogP, Blizzardgale and vendaar like this.
  9. RedBr971

RedBr971 That guy you don't care about HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    .[​IMG]
    this is why we won't have it.

ThomAnn100 likes this.
  10. SayThink

It should only take a moment to test it. There's a solid possibility that it will require ZERO coding and only a few modifications to the config file.

11. Tornor

Tornor Mayor of Kandon-Beda VIP+

Minecraft:
    See, that's the thing.
    By saying "There's a possibility to do it", there is also the other (and more likely) possibility that it will take much longer than you think.
    I've learned to code a bit, and it would actually take longer than you are being optimistic about.
    We would rather have new content than support for a mod that most people on the forum have just heard of now.

12. SayThink

That is fair. But why not try because I know for a fact it only takes a minute.

13. llllllllllllll

Minecraft:
    Why waste hours of Jumla's time, just for a feature only the RICH can afford?
    I can't even buy HERO yet

SUPER M, TheZearis and ThomAnn100 like this.
  14. Toasted Asian

Toasted Asian Toasty VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There's an alternative called hacking

SUPER M and ThomAnn100 like this.
  15. RojoM

RojoM Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Um, this is a mod. From the looks of it, you don't even need to change anything on the server to use it. They don't need to add "support" for a purely clientside feature. That's like asking for support for another texture pack, even if you just need to download and install it yourself without server support. And no. The spigot plugin is probably unstable on an already visually customized server. It's not even needed for VR gameplay. It's only so you can show off to the entire server how you are playing with a Vive.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  16. llllllllllllll

Minecraft:
    you know what i could say
    go play vr support factions ya skrub
    joke intended haha wynn memes

ThomAnn100 and Ezohn like this.
  17. Prie

Prie gaming HERO

Minecraft:
    No, implementing a puglin on a fully customized server would needs lots of testing and would still have issues.
    This suggestions most likely won't be implementeded because:
    -This will take a lot of time for coders/testing
    -99% of the people who play Wynn don't have VR
    -Compatibility Issues, bugs
    -Wynn doesn't fit VR, unless you want grind 7 hrs with VR + Too much head turning (Playing 8 hrs of wynn and making this big of a suggestion is kinda eh, you should learn more about the game first)
    -You would need massive support from the community to implement this, which isn't happening.

Just play the mod without compatibility.

ThomAnn100 likes this.
  18. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    off topic, but wynn really needs more server devs (not CMD)

SUPER M and 7Red_Dragon7 like this.
  19. Reefive

Reefive Do you hate the assassin? VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This will really ruin a lot of stuff and... You are literately (not figuratively) Making people spend like 200$+ on a VR...

SUPER M and ThomAnn100 like this.
  20. llllllllllllll

Minecraft:
    He's asking for an OPTIONAL mod/support for VR, to make playing in VR more smooth.

XavierEXE, vendaar and 7Red_Dragon7 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.