Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Story Ark?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by DRACO1500, Mar 24, 2017.

?

Dose Wynncraft have a story ark?

1. yes

53.8%
  2. no

46.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRACO1500

DRACO1500 Artist and gamer, having a great time.

Hi i'm new here, but I love what this server provides. It's Awesome! I love the feeling of being pulled into a universe like this, like a true MMORPG. But I feel like it is missing a story line. I was wondering if there was a overarching story ark like you would see in AAA games like Skyrim, if so where can I find it? and if not, is there a way I can be put in contact with one of the owners to write one. To be honest I am working on a short comic strip/ series just for fun on my own time. But it is becoming more in-depth and I want to base it as closely as I can to the source material but I really can't find any... i think that the WEB SITE, could use a "lore" tab, for people interesting in know this games history, not so much as an in game explanation... some people hate reading/ sitting through those. Dose anyone else like this idea, and do you have an answer to my questions. Thank you and have a great day.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  2. motoki1

motoki1 The Damage Calculation Scientist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As of now, Wynncraft does not have the main storyline. However, that will be added in future updates, the Content team already have promised to do so ;3
    But still, there are a lot of unique lores, amazing quests, and even mini-storylines, so you will still find the game interesting!

3. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten The Greatest HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  4. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Level up and you shall find what you seek. Of course, as the game is clearly not complete, the overarching story is not complete. I mean if you think about it, if you are just some random recruit, why would you of all people come close to the world's history and story, until you have gotten strong and have proven yourself through feats.

DRACO1500, motoki1 and Juiceboxing like this.
  5. DRACO1500

DRACO1500 Artist and gamer, having a great time.

'_'... clever girl... lol, yeah that works. but i was talking more about a tab on the web site... not in game.

6. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    https://wiki.wynncraft.com/index.php?title=Category:Lore

Go to each link then read it.

Then go to the theories of the various members of the Grand Theorists. While these are only theories, they do use a lot of sources directly from the game that are not on the Wiki Lore Page. Additionally, these theories are quite convincing and may help us look forward to where the game is progressing, storyline wise.

7. Triverr

Triverr Cool Cat Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    One thing I noticed about that list is that it doesn't seem to contain the specific province lore revealed in Llevigar (more specifically the Easter egg in Llevigar University). It's accessed by bringing the reward from a specific end game quest and placing it in a specific hopper (not so accessible for new players). It's been documented before on the forums, but I don't think anyone has discussed it for a while? I just figured that it would be relevant here, that easter egg had some really detailed and informative lore.

Gigavern likes this.
  8. jpsquit

jpsquit |The coolest kid in town| VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    he storyline is cool

9. Typhloz

Typhloz Newbie Adventurer

I don't think there is a storyline really because you don't have to do certain things

10. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Shoot, I totally forgot that the Lore Page doesn't link there, well here is the link: https://wiki.wynncraft.com/index.php?title=Llevigar's_Library

Triverr likes this.
  11. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    atm there is kinda an overall story you get glimpses and hints at

12. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    I mean, the most we've got is "Corruption started a long time ago, so did Decay, there was a war, it sucked, now you're here"

13. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    at least the quests are kinda connected

14. HoboMaggot

HoboMaggot . ę̸͚̳̙̳̠͖̳̓̇̄̓͂̂̆ VIP+

Minecraft:
    And there's a storyline for at least some of them. (Bob's Lost Soul & Reincarnation etc)

15. minecraftthe1st

minecraftthe1st Has a PhD in the study of Wumbo VIP

Minecraft:
    As people have said, there are some interconnected quests with some lore in them. Essentially, the over-arching story line is your quest to fight the undead as a soldier of the Wynn province. There are smaller side quests in which you help people around you with their small troubles. But the main story is different for each area. For example, near Llevigar you'll wage war against the Orcs. In Troms, you will fight the Corrupter of Worlds. Near Nessak, you will search for lore about the mythic Bob. These are all separate quests that aid in a single goal. In the traditional sense, there is no main story. But there is a story.

16. Poiu429

Poiu429 yote VIP+

Minecraft:
    There is no main storyline (yet), but there are multiple storylines. Some quests are singular, and others are connected, and more of those are connected, and so on and so forth. There are a lot of quests involving the story of the light/darkness/corruption, and a few where you save cities.
    Wynncraft isn't a very linear game (in the sense of storytelling - you just do whatever quests you can do).

So there are many story arcs, but no main storyline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.