Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Voicing

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by imagery, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imagery

imagery Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Hi! This is my first time making a suggestion, and making it possible would be a lot of work and time, so I doubt you guys will do it. I wanted to see what people think about it though. My suggestion is to add voices to the people who give quests. As in, voice actors. I know this is probably useless, but I feel like it would barely add anything negative. I've been starting to play Wynn yet again for the first time in maybe three or four years. I am now level 42 (I believe) from playing in the past week. I've done all the quests so far (Except for the Tower, I wanted to scream), and from playing with my friend I always read the quests out loud. It can be a lot to read, I admit. I love to read but alas I am still not the fastest when reading, so in a rush to read everything I miss information (even though there is no rush, but I don't really know why, I have to rush, especially when trying to read to my friend.) There is already a resource pack for the server, and that IS how you add custom sounds, so I believe it can be done, as I said, with a lot of work and time. If you did implement this, you could use staff members, people from the community, your own voice actors. If you did use different people from the community to read those quests, it would be a great way to get involved with the community, to have us be more interactive with the server. You could add more flare and meaning to the quests wants, and voices can make people understand and pay attention more. I would love to see peoples opinions and add-ons to this idea! This isn't a need, but a want that would be very nice.

2. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Woah! Alright there, wall of text a bit much. Anyway.

If we were to make voice actors for every NPC, we'd need a thousand voices. Plus, we'd need soundtracks too. There are already custom sounds in the game, which lessens our amount of spundtracks.

Toasted Asian and coolname2034 like this.
  3. imagery

Minecraft:
    Going into detail never hurt anyone, and yes I am aware of the amount of voices it would take. But thats why it would take work, and there are custom sounds, so why not add more? It wont hurt anything I believe, and its a resource pack, not some limitful jar, you can add lots of custom sounds. It would take a LOT of work and time, and maybe just make more important NPC's have voices. It's just a suggestion that I think would be pretty cool.

4. Crimson Corsair

Crimson Corsair Le funny Corkus Corsair

Minecraft:
    Nope. No voice acting. In my ooinion wynncraft benifits the more simple it is. Thats why it works so well as a MINECRAFT server, with blocky graphic s.

coolname2034 and Plasma~ like this.
  5. imagery

Minecraft:
    Just because its a Minecraft server doesn't mean it shouldn't add voice actors. It is simple and it wont complicate it any more by adding voices.

6. KaiserSpass

KaiserSpass Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    and how to you plan to pay for the voice actors and the recording and so one ?

coolname2034 likes this.
  7. MinerDwarf222

MinerDwarf222 I AM A DWARF. HERO

Minecraft:
    (I have no idea if this part is right at all)
    Lets say that each quest has only 2 voice files needed... and there are I think 114 quests. So that's about 228 files needed/sounds that need to be played. (This is a low estimate).
    And each voice file is ~10mb. That means it would add ~2.28GB to the resource pack. Causing the people already having slow downloads to have slower downloads.
    Also the CT would have to go all the files that are submitted (if they do choose to do the community route) and find ones that have no background noises, fit the npc, and are decent.
    Wait I forgot where I was going with this.

Oh also I think I've heard this suggestion once or twice before.
    [EDIT]
    There have been 3 other voice acting suggestions
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/quest-readers.163935/#post-1864822
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/1-9-npc-speech-76-votes-89-5-approval.138135/
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/villager-quest-voices-please-read-before-disliking.93719/

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  8. DirtyDoge

DirtyDoge Master Procastinator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You do realize the CT team doesn't get payed, right?

Anyway, I think that'd be a great idea, and I would certainly love to volunteer to voice a character.

9. 3:

3: farlands pumpkin farlands pumpkin HERO

Minecraft:
    Yes, this has been suggested before, but it's still not a bad idea though. Let's just simply say that it's never going to happen. Main reasons being, that hiring actually good voice actors would take plenty of money which wynncraft doesn't have. Also, it would make the resource pack absolutely massive, which would mean that nearly no one would be able to download it without being kicked. Also, there's just this certain charm to the player creating the character's voices themselves, which I personally like.

coolname2034 likes this.
  10. Kraetys

Kraetys Hater of Catipalism - Certified Nyanarchist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Voice actors isn't the issue, There are plenty of people on the content team, we don't need them to sound like Johnny Depp they need to sound like people.
    The main issue is the resource pack.

3: likes this.
  11. Kraetys

Kraetys Hater of Catipalism - Certified Nyanarchist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Tbh most of us would be happy with Salted pretending 100+ different voices, so he needs to stop making excuses.

Pokextreme and ThomAnn100 like this.
  12. Crimson Corsair

Crimson Corsair Le funny Corkus Corsair

Minecraft:
    The music was already challenge enough. Voice acting is overkill

13. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    community ppl recording!
    im sure some people here will donate their own voice for this

14. KaiserSpass

KaiserSpass Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    that's a nice idea but for a good quality product which we all want you`ll need the quality of the recordings all be on the same quality level and that is only possible if you do all the voices in the same recording studio with professional audio technicians

coolname2034 likes this.
  15. Aya

Minecraft:
    dont ask for my voice, it is too robitcal for you all

16. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    That'll be everyone's response when we ask for their voice

coolname2034 likes this.
  17. HoboMaggot

HoboMaggot . ę̸͚̳̙̳̠͖̳̓̇̄̓͂̂̆ VIP+

Minecraft:
    When I turn the wynncraft music off, it lags less. If the devs add voicing, nearly everyone can't play as bringing sound through the internet as well as the rendering and the resource pack, would overload their internet and 100 ping players get 200.

Nukewarmachine likes this.
  18. P1zzaDaddy

P1zzaDaddy Happy little Accident CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The idea isn't that bad, but there is also a + and - to this.

+ side is that for younger players, who don't read that well, its useful for them.

- side is that, it may cause a lot of lag and sometimes, when you are using a weapon too close to the NPC, it may trigger the voice spam, which may cause a jumpscare and "bleeding" ears.

EDIT: The voicing, yeah, it will take a lot of people to do, if this is possible, hit me up, Jumla

19. coolname2034

coolname2034 Formerly known as NPCGrian HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Is READING the quest dialogue really that hard?

KaiserSpass likes this.
  20. Aya

Minecraft:
    want to hear my voice?
    look this

coolname2034 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.