Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Housing In Wynncraft

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by CraterHater, Mar 7, 2017.

?

Should this be added?

1. Yes, definitely.

38 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. If things are changed.

5 vote(s)
    6.2%
  3. No, absolutely not.

38 vote(s)
    46.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CraterHater

CraterHater A very magical mage! HERO

Minecraft:
    Yes yes, welcome welcome...

I am going to try it, like so many before me...

Housing In Wynncraft
    Now, how would this work? In Detlas and in every major city you can buy a house. Pre made by the team. These houses will be bought by opening a GUI upon clicking the 'for sale' sign. It will then allow you to confirm your choice and it will allow you to see the cost. Houses will be decently expensive like 32 LE as they are men't for the more, end-game people. In every city you will have a steward that you can visit to buy upgrades for your house. These upgrades will be paper named after what upgrade they are. In short I would love to see them be:
    • Basement 12Le
    • Storage 32Le
    • Weapon Racks 12Le
    • Living Room Furniture 6Le
    • Bedroom Furniture 6Le
    Basement:
    You get entry to a place below your house, it is wet and sometimes a rat may appear. What you don't know is that there is a rare chance of a secret entrance to a cave full of angry cave zombies opening up. You may even find some good loot there, if you survive.

Storage:
    A small chest is added to your living room, it has 9 slots to use as additional storage.

Weapon Racks:
    Racks on the wall that will only allow you to store weapons, they will appear on the wall if they are in it with their corresponding weapon skin you are able to set individually.

Living Room Furniture:
    A nice dining table and some chairs are added as well as cake and drinks, this is purely cosmetic.

Bedroom Furniture:

A nice bed is added to your bedroom, this is also purely cosmetic but could get a use, for example sleeping but I don't think that is necessary.

All of these additions are client sided, so everyone can be in and live in the same house while seeing different stuff inside of them. When entering your house you will be invisible to everyone (Not with the potion effect but truly gone) spells and all attacks are cancelled while in your house.

A lot of people deny these ideas as "unfitting", I disagree on that. Look at the Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. The houses there are absolutely fantastic especially with the DLC installed. Look here:
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim/Hearthfire_DLC

Thanks for reading and leave good criticism.

2. Reti

Reti Marquis of the Foxes, King of Memes VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This seems like an alright spin on player housing in Wynn, but it's still not a good idea. There's barely any room for houses, and it doesn't fit the setting of the game. Remember, we're soldiers, not permanent residents

wypark, Nyam, ThomAnn100 and 11 others like this.
  3. CraterHater

Minecraft:
    Soldiers need a place to eat and sleep don't they? And of course there is enough room for houses, in cities like Detlas they could even be existing once and be off-map.

Aya and 7Red_Dragon7 like this.
  4. Moss

Moss shoutbox meme supplier

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You should already know that housing isn't gonna be added. So I'll leave a meme here
    Disappointed Guy 06032017013924.jpg

5. CraterHater

Minecraft:
    How do you know? Where's your source? I basically made this to fight off the housing suggestions haters, I liked almost all of those suggestions.

ThomAnn100, 7Red_Dragon7 and ploo like this.
  6. Reti

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As soldiers, we wouldn't be staying in a house in a big city. We'd have a barracks room in places like Ragni. Plus, Detlas really wouldn't have the room for a house on site, as it would probably get bigger the more you added to it. If you had exact block measurements, it would work better.

As with the Skyrim comparison, that's a whole different ball game. Skyrim was a gigantic project worked on by hundreds of people; Wynncraft is largely coded by one person. It would be unfair to compare the two games, as the scope is completely different between the two.

Plus, this would also distract the build team from making things like Corkus and Fruma (Maybe). Houses can take a long time to make, especially if there are multiple versions of one in different cities. Maybe give it a few months or years, and it could open up, but for now, it would be hard to get houses and provinces built at the same time.

AetherArising likes this.
  7. CraterHater

Minecraft:
    Building these houses would take no longer than a week which is easily worth it after Corkus. I don't think this would be a huge undertaking.

8. Reti

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Summing up my whole post to one sentence really isn't working very well, really.

It may only take a week, but then you also need to work out the code. Again, Wynn is mostly coded by one person, which would still distract from coding for Corkus, so it's unlikely we'll get housing soon, if ever.

Th0mas1 and AetherArising like this.
  9. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Did you like

Take my idea with the invisible players in the one house?

It got locked lmao

10. BMW

BMW Cows. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Maybe having permanent houses wouldn't fit in, due to amount of players willing to buy them. Or did you mean, that technically, the same house could be used by different players at the same time, as said above, making the other players in your house invisible? I mean the same house as it's physical form.

What do you think about renting? Like a set, huge price per a set period of time? Wouldn't it be better for the storyline, since the player is sent to Wynn/Gavel for duties, not for living, and their actual place of living is supposed to be Fruma?

Still kind of doubtful about those systems being added, didn't vote, as I'm mostly indifferent towards housing, I'd rather vote with my both hands for the banking system to be reworked and expanded.

11. CraterHater

Minecraft:
    I cannot answer the question because of spoilers but it would make your argument 100% invalid

12. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    Well the thing is people wouldn't really use it as often mainly for one popular reason, people will be busy doing quests/exploring/selling/grinding and will just be neglected as most cosmetic things are (im a fokin liar). But I do like how its somewhat of a money sink, and the idea of more storage, but I don't think a lot of people would pay 6le or 12le for something they're not going to use anytime soon. Also 32le for storage thats only worth 9 slots, is abit OP (IMO)

Point is, this will soon become like wizard fortress and won't be used quiet often plus the reason why these suggestions aren't so popular is all due to the following reasons (most anyways).

13. CraterHater

Minecraft:
    I don't think it would be, people are actually running out of content rather quickly. There are people who play that much that they are happy to be able to do something new.

14. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    Same would go for this. Theres not a lot to it other than just a tiny bit of storage, which will be boring within 2-3 days.

15. CraterHater

Minecraft:
    The basement could be a secret, some nice music in the house. Perhaps even add random events there, lots of possibilities.

16. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    K i have nothing to come back that, you beat me.

CraterHater likes this.
  17. coolname2034

coolname2034 Formerly known as NPCGrian HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh look a housing suggestion made by a CT member

ThomAnn100 and AetherArising like this.
  18. CraterHater

Minecraft:
    Hehe, I like housing, and I knew people hated these suggestions but I am looking to turn things around

19. DeletedAccount

DeletedAccount Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Unlike most people replying here, I think this would add something to do for higher level players/rich players. Most of the time new things like this turn out great because it gives you something to explore. I love to explore wynn & gavel despite my level isn't the highest. I could imagine player's houses getting haunted on Halloween which would add another feature for players to explore.

20. 3:

3: farlands pumpkin farlands pumpkin HERO

Minecraft:
    Holy fuck Crater, you're in the content team! You should know this is a terrible idea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.