Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Wynncraft Professions

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by mr7ego, Mar 2, 2017.

?

do you think this is a good idea?

1. yes

15.4%
  2. no

30.8%
  3. it needs more thought

42.3%
  4. its a terrible idea and i'm offended you would even mention it

11.5%
  5. this must be added

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr7ego

mr7ego Travelled Adventurer

Wynncraft Professions
    I don't really know if this has been suggested before, if it was i don't know the reaction the community had to the idea, but nevertheless i am suggesting it again, i was thinking of basic professions for example

Disclaimer this idea is kinda half baked, probably will never be added, this is more a idea then it is a suggestion and the thread is still a work in progress.

Blacksmithing (is able to craft mail, plate and certain weapons such as spears and daggers, this profession would be more suited to warriors and possibly assassins)

Chemistry/Alchemy (is able craft custom potions that would have various effects and abilities, this profession would be suited for all classes)

Leatherworking (is able to craft leather armor and cloth armor, this would be more suited for assassins and mages)

Powder Crafter (is able to craft certain powders, not really sure about this one, this profession would be suited for all classes)

Engineer (is able to craft bombs, certain devices like a mechanical zombie that can defend you or really anything you can think is possible, you could add custom items like gears and microchips to make these items, and you couldn't really add anything but you get the idea the possibilities are numerous)

Herbalist (this profession would be a gathering profession suited for chemistry/alchemy, if you chose this profession you could sell your reagents to the chemist, it could be a good money maker, this profession would be suited for all classes)

Miner (this professions would be a gathering profession suited for blacksmithing/engineering, if you chose this profession you could sell your resources to the blacksmith or engineer, it would also be a good money maker, this profession would be suited for all classes).

these are just example professions the ideas you could think of are many, do i think this is possible? yes i do from what I've seen you could do this, would it benefit Wynncraft, i think so, i think it could enhance game play and add a lot to the game.

from what I've seen you can add custom items to the game

also for another topic on another day, i would really like to see custom mobs this video is just a proof of concept of what is possible in vanilla Minecraft

final note, the videos above are just an example of what you can do with a simple resources pack (and i think optifine), you could make custom items for customs recipes for example you could make a new type of herb thats only found in a dangerous area that can craft a new potion, now i don't know the limitations of vanilla Minecraft, plugins, command blocks and resource packs and i don't have very much experience in coding plugins or command blocks (i do know a bit of java and i'm currently self teaching myself java but i have never undertaken the task of creating a plugin so i also don't know how many hours of writing out lines code it is) but i do believe this is possible, i hope you like this suggestion because i think its a great idea and that it would add a lot.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    RoseGoldIsntGay and ThomAnn100 like this.
  2. FrameTimeMC

FrameTimeMC High IQ person, Low IQ gamer. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This suggestion is not in the wynncraft playstyle :P

3. coolname2034

coolname2034 Formerly known as NPCGrian HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Detail
    How would we gain professions
    Also wynn isn't fully 1.9

4. awemanrank100

awemanrank100 custom title

Minecraft:
    Er, I don't really see the point in professions for a server like this. The idea of the server is more centered towards exploration and story rather than crafting and alchemy. Perhaps, if you'd like, you could create a suggestion somewhat related to this, but of a smaller scale, involving certain shops taking Junk Items and Misc. Items in exchange for consumables.

As for the second half of the thread, I'd like to point out that the custom items require 1.9+ for durability textures, and the custom mobs require block models. A full 1.9 implementation isn't going to be arriving to Wynncraft anytime soon, despite currently existing compatibility, it seems, and there don't seem to be enough block models in Minecraft to cover all the existing mobs in Wynncraft.
    • On a related note, Wynncraft does support some weapon skins provided that 1.9+ is the user's version, but do note that this doesn't mean Wynncraft's becoming fully integrated into 1.9 yet; there's still much to be done. Until then, adding custom item textures for everything would be somewhat of a waste of effort, as a (probably) large portion of users would never actively be using the textures. The simple resource pack will do for now.

Plasma~ likes this.
  5. ?!

?! Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    i think this is a rlly good suggestion,but,blacksmith its only for warrior and potions for everybody???lol

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    efilim elf likes this.
  6. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    The issue is that your character already has a job. A soldier from Fruma

7. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nice suggestion, but I think it doesn't fit the theme of Wynncraft.
    Another MMORPG server has a simular concept like this, but there it has completely failed. If you aren't a sertain profession then you're just not able to do certain things in that game.

X_TBGamer_X and Pokextreme like this.
  8. Gebis8

Gebis8 Lost

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I an not sure Wynn allows the custom mobs. Armorstands counts as normal mobs and block attacks. Not sure with invisible ones though. They might have infinite health.

9. captainarcani

captainarcani That guy that creates crazy WynnCraft theories

Ingres concepto

10. frogsandturtles

frogsandturtles Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    So true, but the idea is iffy. What about archers? I like the idea tho, but a little less and a little less techy

Pokextreme likes this.
  11. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    Since this is a massive suggestion, my critique and responses are in bold within the quote.

Plasma~ likes this.
  12. mr7ego

i will go into detail later today or possibly tomorrow depending on how busy i am, how would you gain professions? here's an idea maybe they teach the basic professions in Ragni maybe you have to do a quest to get like retrieving some items for the local smith in return you will become his apprentice. i wasn't aware Wynncraft had not implemented 1.9 yet but i foresee that it will be at some stage.

coolname2034 likes this.
  13. mr7ego

first off, this is more an idea of what the server could be then a suggestion that is vital, its up to the users discretion to decide whether this would improve the server or not, as you can see my suggestion is half baked, so in after thought maybe the best way to go about this would be on a smaller scale, not sure how it would all work. are you a programmer by chance? would you know how long it would take if they decided to implement these features into Wynncraft?

i would like to know more about customs items and custom mobs as i am a aspiring programmer but ill refrain from asking questions to avoid you having to spoon feed me.

yeah i noticed that the weapons have custom textures and from memory of an earlier time playing Wynncraft the armor had custom textures. i can't wait to see what happens when 1.9 is fully integrated. the possibilities seem endless.

14. Poiu429

Poiu429 yote VIP+

Minecraft:
    So much crafting!
    Crafting doesn't really fit with the style of Wynncraft - a style geared more towards exploring.
    This isn't TES.

I've never heard of cloth armor.
    This is effectively the same as the powder master - in fact, this could render him useless.
    This sounds like some sort of electromagic-type thing. It might be too complicated for electromagic (but then, there was the Quartron which could have had microchips or something like that).

15. NinjaPro8000

NinjaPro8000 Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    MODS.

NO.

JOBS.

MAYBE.

16. yuuenchi2

yuuenchi2 Wynncraft Veteran CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    please make a potato farmer profession

frogsandturtles and ?! like this.
  17. colin350

colin350 The Best Admin (duh) HERO CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This suggestion reminds me of mcmmo and uhc, in which case, Wynncraft isn't that.

18. awemanrank100

awemanrank100 custom title

Minecraft:
    I am somewhat of a programmer, but I've never touched Minecraft plugins before. Nevertheless, I doubt it's much different from your average programming language.
    If they used the shop GUI that they already have, it wouldn't take a terribly long time to make any kind of item-giving system, with the majority of it being in place already. If they made a new GUI, it'd take somewhat more effort, but I have the feeling that a template could be taken from the Item Identifier, the Item Buyer, or the Powder Master to speed up the process considerably. There's even the option of using the inventory crafting table, which I doubt is terribly complicated.

All in all, a crafting system probably wouldn't take that long (not including mechanics for new items and potentially class specifications for some of these). But in the case that you might want to continue suggesting this idea, keep in mind that ease of implementation does not correlate with how favorable the idea is.

As for custom mobs, behavior is already implemented, so it'd just essentially be making invisible mobs and putting a block on the mob's head, with maybe some walking animations created through the use of more models. Two large issues here: the lack of infinite blocks to put on mob's heads, preventing anything aesthetically pleasing (i.e. an orc sliding across the floor), and having to go through all the mobs and change how they look.

On a somewhat relevant note, armor skins were done with some sort of method that Mojang seems to disapprove of, so those aren't going to be coming back anytime soon, unless an unlikely workaround is found. You can still certainly have a few hundred textures for armor pieces by using armor durability in 1.9, but it'll have to be on a separate layer in the same way you see armor now, which I believe is somewhat bulky.

Obligatory disclaimer due to a lack of actually working on this server on my part: How easily (or how at all) some things are done heavily depends on how everything else was set up, and I have no idea how anything was set up, so I could very well be completely missing the mark here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.