Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Necromancer 2.0

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Untitled Doc, Feb 19, 2017.

?

What do you think about this class?

1. Not Bad

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Ok Idea

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Really bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Untitled Doc

Untitled Doc 1 man robotics team

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This thread was created at 3:55 PM (EST) on Sunday, February 19, 2017.

Some of you may be wondering:
    Who is this guy?
    Well, I used to make class ideas for Wynncraft in my free time.
    Then I kinda slowed down, and made class ideas/other stuff for other games/servers. None of it really took off. So I decided to post some of my old ideas I had not posted yet on the forums.
    My signature is my archive of old ideas.

The actual thread: (Copy-Pasted from Google Docs)
    So it has been a while since I made a class idea, kinda been busy for a while.
    I was seriously debating putting this in Nemract’s Bar
    Pretend that I'm serious about adding this to the game, and give me candid feedback.

I really want to play some kind of ranged class, and I wanted it to be a rather tanky solo class, and as a result, I decided to look at my previous two contenders that I had in mind for this: Priest and Necromancer. Some of you may know that I have made several light-theme classes which had mixed opinions. So this time, I decided to make something that was dark themed, in this case it was the necromancer. I wanted to focus on high cc and area damage that was close to the player, to differentiate from what mages currently do, mostly sit in the back, poke enemies from afar, and support allies. I also did not include summoning in this idea, as I am usually against all forms of summoning in the game

I wanted necromancer to be more of a front line mage, in the right hands, could be used the sustain at a close distance, yet have a decent basic attack that can take out targets from afar with good sniping. However, I could not include everything into one class, or else it would be too strong.

So here is what transpired.

Necromancer 2.0:
    Requirements: Level 100 in a single class
    Simplified Stats:
    Damage: 2/5
    Defense: 4/5
    Range: 3/5
    Spells: 4/5

Breakdown of stats:
    • DPS: ⅖ (mediocre damage)
      • Basic Attacks (Damage from regular attacks): ⅕
      • Spell Damage (Damage from abilities): ⅖
      • Crowd Control (slows, blinds, etc.): ⅗
      • Single target Burst (DPS on a single target): ⅖
    • Durability: ⅘ (Can sustain a decent amount of damage)
      • Base Armor: ⅗ (Base armor for damage reduction)
      • Abilities: ⅘ (High sustain)
    • Mobility: ⅗ (Decent mobility, but difficult to control)
      • Base movement speed: ⅘ (Bonus from passive)
      • Ability movement speed: ⅗ (Movement ability has low travel distance)
      • Maneuverability: ⅖ (Movement ability is hard to control)
    Ideals: A highly durable front/mid line ranged class that has mediocre damage and decent mobility and can CC decently.

Strengths: Decent crowd control, Decent mobility, high durability, some range, great solo class that can also provide some buffs in a team setting, self healing ability (not as good as mage)
    Weaknesses: Very low burst damage, mediocre area damage, difficult to control mobility, rather low range compared to mage and archer, cannot heal allies

Base Armor: 80% (+20% damage taken from all sources) + 10% (from passive)
    Passive: Armor of Darkness
    Your dark magic flows around you and at your feet, absorbing damage and the strength of your soul increases the speed of your steps. You have an additional 10% base armor and for every soul point you have, reduce negative movement speed by 1%, up to a maximum of 10%. (This rewards heavier builds, by removing a little of the negative walkspeed on some builds, but does not reward super fast movement speed builds) Also counters the slowness effect.

EXAMPLE: If you have -20% movement speed from equipment, then you now move at -10% movement speed. If you have -10% movement speed, you now move at normal movement speed. If you have +10% movement speed, this does not affect you and you move at +10% movement speed. This also applies for the debuff: Slowness.

Weapon: Staff/Necromantic Book/Orb (Maybe Armblade, from paladin/templar #1?)
    Basic Attack: Withering bolt
    Shoot out a dark colored projectile (same velocity of an arrow) that damages the first enemy hit for 80% of the weapon damage and takes damage over time. The target receives 10% weapon damage every 2 seconds after the initial damage for the next 6 seconds, dealing an additional 30% damage. The total damage is 110% weapon damage over 6 seconds. Can stack infinitely, and can be cleansed by mage’s heal.

Skill 1: Graveyard
    Summon a 3 meter wide wave of bones in front of you which travels in a straight path along the ground in front of you for 10 meters, moving at a pace of 3 meters/sec for 0.5 seconds and then 5 meters/sec for 1 second and then 7 meters/sec for 0.5 seconds (so it speeds up as it goes). It deals damage and slows enemies for each enemy it hits (infinite pierce). Later levels it goes in four directions and then returns back to you. Multiple graveyard spells can be casted at once, each independent of each other, and can go through walls.

Level 1:
    Mana Cost: 6
    Damage: 150% Spell Damage
    Elemental Damage: +5% Earth Damage
    Slow Amount: 20% movement speed slow for 3 seconds

Level 2:
    Damage: 150% Spell Damage
    Elemental Damage: +10% Earth Damage
    Slow Amount: 40% movement speed slow for 3 seconds
    • Invoke Spirits: Now sends out a path of bones directly behind and to each side or the original wave, so that the paths now make a cross with the cast spot in the middle. Enemies may only get hit by one of the four waves/paths

Level 3:
    Damage: 150% Spell Damage + 100% Spell Damage (if Return to Sender hits)
    Elemental Damage: +10% Earth, +10% Water (If Return to Sender Hits)
    Slow Amount: 60% movement speed slow for 3 seconds
    • Invoke Spirits: Now sends out a path of bones directly behind and to each side or the original wave, so that the paths now make a cross with the cast spot in the middle. Enemies may only get hit by one of the four waves/paths
    • Return to Sender: The waves now go back in the opposite direction (once the original waves reach their endpoint) at the same changing velocity as before (slow at first, then speeds up) until all four waves reach the initial cast point. These waves do not apply the slowness effect and hits all enemies for 100% Spell Damage + 10% Air. Enemies may only be hit by one Return to Sender wave

Skill 2: Shadowstep
    Throw out an ender pearl at 25% of the normal velocity of regular ender pearls. However the enderpearl now has a hitbox of a 1x1x1 meter cube. Once the ender pearls hit a target/block, it spawns an invisible falling block (for the falling effect). Once the block falls and hits some kind of ground, then the player will be teleported to that block. This is mostly meant to try and avoid glitching through the map. If the block cannot be spawned, then the mana is refunded and the player will receive an error message. Designed for use in open areas, and not in close quarters. Later levels, the pearl will gain the ability to damage opponents and to teleport back to where they were. Can be thrown directly up to deal damage twice in the same area

Level 1:
    Mana Cost: 4

Level 2:
    Damage: 50% Spell Damage
    Elemental Damage: +5% Thunder
    • Impending Doom: Upon teleporting, deal damage (50% spell damage) to all enemies within 5 meters at the place you teleport to

Level 3:
    Damage: 50% Spell Damage + 50% Spell Damage (If hit by Shadow’s Illusion)
    Elemental Damage: +5% Thunder + 5% Thunder (If hit by Shadow’s Illusion)
    • Impending Doom: Upon teleporting, deal damage (50% spell damage) to all enemies within 5 meters at the place you teleport to
    • Shadow’s Illusion: After teleporting, you have a 3 second window to teleport back to where the pearl was thrown, dealing damage (50% spell damage) in a 5 meter radius at the original location of where you were (Shift to activate, and throwing a second pearl immediately cancels this opportunity)
    Skill 3: Leech Vitality
    Thrown out a skill shot in front of you dealing damage to the first enemy hit (single pierce) dealing a certain amount of damage depending on your current health and healing you for the damage done. Throw the projectile at 10 meters per second and has a maximum range of 20 meters, with no dropoff. At later levels it damages and heals over time, and can be spread to nearby enemies. Each rune is independent of each other, so multiple runes can be thrown at once. Not affected by damage buffs. The damage over time effects can be cleansed by heal from mages.
    *This skill, since it is based on HP, is not influenced by spell damage

Level 1:
    Mana Cost: 8
    Damage: 20% of the caster’s current health as neutral damage
    Healing: 60% of the damage done (excluding elemental)
    Elemental Damage: +10% Air

Level 2:
    Damage: 25% of the caster’s current health as neutral damage + 5% caster’s max HP as Drain Life Damage
    Healing: 80% of the damage done (excluding elemental) + 2.5% caster’s max HP Drain Life Healing
    Elemental Damage: +15% Air
    • Draining Life: Deal 1% of your maximum health as damage every 2 seconds for the next 10 seconds and heal yourself for 50% of the damage done (Damage: 5% of your max hp and Heal: 2.5% of your max hp, in unbuffed)

Level 3:
    Damage: 30% of the caster’s current health as neutral damage + 5% caster’s max HP as Drain Life Damage + 1-5% of caster’s current HP as Plague Damage
    Healing: 100% of the damage done (excluding elemental) + 2.5% caster’s max HP as Drain Life Healing
    Elemental Damage: +20% Air
    • Draining Life: Deal 1% of caster’s maximum health as damage every 2 seconds for the next 10 seconds and heal yourself for 50% of the damage done (Damage: 5% of your max hp and Heal: 2.5% of your max hp, in unbuffed)
    • Plague: The target hit by leaching rune is affected by plague for 10 seconds. Every 2 seconds, the target is hit for 1% of the caster’s current HP, and the plague spreads to a different target within 5 meters (keeping the same timer). The plague ends when the 10 seconds is up, however plague can be stacked through multiple runes, but not through the same plague (each plague is unique per rune, and one person cannot get 2 of the same plague)
    EXAMPLE: After the initial hit, 1 person is infected with plague for 10 seconds. At 2 seconds, that person takes damage and spreads it to another person, both have 8 seconds left of plague. At 4 seconds, those two targets take damage and each spreads it to a different target, so that 4 people are infected for 6 seconds. At 6 seconds those 4 people take damage and spread it to a different target, so that 8 people are now infected for 4 seconds. At 8 seconds those 8 people take damage and spread it to another person, so that 16 people are now infected for 2 seconds. At 10 seconds all 16 people take damage and the plague effect ends (for that specific rune)

Skill 4: Void Ritual
    Summon the darkness from within, and channel it to your power to increase the power of your passives. Lasts for 3 minutes. At later levels, it provides more buffs and allies can now receive it

Level 1:
    Mana Cost: 10
    • Void Ritual: Increase your base armor, giving you 10% bonus base armor and increasing your negative walkspeed reduction by 10% negative walkspeed reduction. (combined, now counteracts the effects of Slowness 1 (-20% movement speed).

Level 2:
    • Void Ritual: Increase your base armor, giving you 10% bonus base armor and increasing your negative walkspeed reduction by 10% negative walkspeed reduction. (combined, now counteracts the effects of Slowness 1 (-20% movement speed).
    • Expanding Influence: Now applies the base form of Void Ritual to all allies, increasing their base armor by 10% and reducing negative walkspeed by 1% for each soul point that they have

Level 3:
    • Expanding Influence: Now applies the base form of Void Ritual to all allies, increasing their base armor by 10% and reducing negative walkspeed by 1% for each soul point that they have
    • The Herald of Darkness: Casting this removes all negative debuffs and the re-application of debuffs for the duration of Void Ritual. Herald of Darkness does NOT remove debuffs given by equipment.
    Hoped you class enthusiasts enjoyed reading it. Perhaps give feedback on what to improve or change, what is too strong or too weak.

If you decided to skip the giant wall of text, then perhaps class ideas aren't for you

Thanks for Reading,
    Ethan_Washington

Changelog 1: Cleaned up some stuff that got changed when transferring

Changelog 2: General nerfs on Skill 3 (Plague damage changed from caster's max HP to caster's current HP, added scaling on the healing dependent on damage for all tiers of the skill)

Changelog 3: Some general visual improvements, to help distinguish things better.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Stag2001 and coolname2034 like this.
  2. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I have only read up to the spells and encountered two problems.

You haven't listed the rates on thing like range, spells, etc.

Using a staff can cause problems because there are mage weapons as staves, such as the Monk's Battle Staff.

coolname2034 and Untitled Doc like this.
  3. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    We've already received hints that the next class may be a Necromancer. There's no reason to suggest classes in the first place, especially not ones that are probably already planned.

I must say, though, this is a pretty well-made suggestion, though it's missing a few precise values.

coolname2034 and Untitled Doc like this.
  4. Untitled Doc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You mean the 13 point rating system for damage, defense, mobility, and spells?
    I hate the system, because it's way to general. Damage is vague, and Spells are vague.
    There's a difference between damage from spells, damage from basic attacks, and damage that can be caused from environment (such as fall)

Also in the past I couldn't really get around the staff problem, there just aren't too many weapons left for ranged style classes

coolname2034 and llllllllllllll like this.
  5. Untitled Doc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    sorry, I wasn't clear.
    You have 80% + 10% base defense and +1% walkspeed for every soul point you have (up to a max of +10% walkspeed, but does not go over 0)

coolname2034 likes this.
  6. llllllllllllll

Minecraft:
    Well, do you think players want to go into TOO much detail? As a player, I'd just like to see a summary.

coolname2034 likes this.
  7. Untitled Doc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I wasn't aware, sorry
    And usually I like to make these for fun (I was considering putting this in nemract's bar)

Thanks for your comment though :D

8. Kraetys

Kraetys Hater of Catipalism - Certified Nyanarchist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wait whoops I see that.

Untitled Doc likes this.
  9. Untitled Doc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    added a 13 point system scale.
    hopefully I did it correctly

llllllllllllll likes this.
  10. Untitled Doc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Anyone have more names relating to darkness (not corruption)?
    I kinda had to grasp at straws for some of these names.

Also can someone tell me if the values are balanced.
    Thanks

11. Paradoxical

Paradoxical Machina Infinitum VIP

Minecraft:
    I can just imagine using a build with as much hp as possible, and spamming this spell....

Nukewarmachine and Untitled Doc like this.
  12. Dohdo

Dohdo I'm back. Cancer in it's purest form.

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    what hints?

13. captainganon

Minecraft:
    A long time ago, threads were posted, links were given, hints were dropped. Including several pictures with bones and similar imagery, such as a screenshot of a player in wynn using a bone to attack.

EDIT: Oh, and a ";)" as a reply to "NECROMANCER CONFIRMED?!?," which I suppose could mean anything.

14. Dohdo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Before the attacks of 9/7, right?

15. captainganon

Minecraft:
    If you meant 9/7, then yes.

If not; 7/11 was a part-time job

Kraetys likes this.
  16. Dohdo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    right

I meant 9/7

17. del fire spear

del fire spear summitsun

But the necromancer already exists

they are so broken

they revive dead forums and are op af

18. llllllllllllll

Minecraft:
    Not sure if trying to be funny or not :/

19. del fire spear

del fire spear summitsun

sarcasm is hard to detect over the internet...

yeah

20. Untitled Doc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    True
    I tried to keep it as low as possible, and considered the max hp someone could feasibly get to be around 30k
    I guess ill change the damage on plague to be 1-5% of the casters current HP, to make it slightly less powerful

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.