Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Apartment System

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by JerichoQuin, Dec 29, 2016.

?

Should player housing exist?

1. Yes, It would be great!

18 vote(s)
    20.9%
  2. Ehh

14 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. Nah, It's wasted time and un-needed

54 vote(s)
    62.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    according to this suggestion you wont get any extra lag or take up any more server space

2. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Is Christmas tradition!

3. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    still a bad one

4. maxwell2904

maxwell2904 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    most people who shut down housing suggestions is because they themselves think it is bad ( which it is).

5. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    The reason why most people disagree with housing is because its always being over done in other servers. Wynn is a server that uses original ideas (most of them). Housing is used in many different forms such as creative (that can be classified as housing if you think about it) to Hypixel/Cubecraft housing. I get why you would suggest it as most MMO's (e.g skyrim) uses housing, but in Wynn, people usually explore the world and grind and do quests, and if not are trading in Detlas. No one would have time for housing as they are too busy with other stuff and would eventually become Wizard fortress, died because no one used it.

6. chaostitan

chaostitan Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    What thread? Also if you think this community is toxic you have no idea what communities like overwatch are like. And to your point about spamming them not devaluing them, this is true they don't but they eventually get repetitive and the same arguments are provided shutting them down each time.

7. Kraetys

Kraetys Hater of Catipalism - Certified Nyanarchist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Do you even read.
    His housing system would actually just be a very limited set of coordinates and a simple stall rent system.
    Rather than generating a house for each player he's saying use random houses that are already ingame.
    Of course more can be added due to limited numbers, but as long as you keep it small enough there should be no reason for it to cause lag.

8. Potateau

Potateau Big Teeth HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I did read it, actually. Everything new adds some lag. If you make all of the random houses into player housing, it takes away from the exploration side of the game. Places you used to be able to explore for easter eggs, or hidden features, now become places where people can put stuff. It still wastes time that the developers could be putting into actual playable content. I don't even see why we need player housing anyways, considering that we have banks.

chaostitan and Cruuk like this.
  9. Kraetys

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    While some of them are easter eggs or have some other purpose, many of them are just there as flavor buildings, and have no real use.
    Banks, while they do help, are also inadequate to an MMORPG's standards. True it holds all required quest items, but at level 100, two whole rows of bank space are cut out by quest items, mostly helmets.
    Take out what powders require, I'll go on the low end since you don't get t5's+ from mob drops, another 20 spaces, pretty much two whole rows, again.
    Add any items you're selling, LE storage, and sentimental/collectibles and you don't have enough rooms.
    (Powders and items are necessary because there is no other way to make an actual amount of money, unless you're lucky enough to happen upon a mythic).

7Red_Dragon7 likes this.
  10. Miles_

Miles_ hi CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The Overwatch, CS:GO and Youtube communities being toxic doesn't make this community less toxic.
    Bulix made a thread about how he'd throw 100 item bombs on the 29th and 2:30PM EST, and he had to change the servers right before the party was supposed to begin because of the server it was supposed to happen on being full. He only edited the thread 2 mins before the event and people, myself included, hated that. People started giving him insane amounts of hate quickly, even though he still spent $65+ just to be nice to the community. Some people such as Nyam, JuicedBananas and I highlighted that he was trying to be nice, while others were toxic.
    What are those arguments. If they're about lag, alot of additions add lag.

11. Potateau

Potateau Big Teeth HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's enough for me, and I have 4 100's. .-.

12. Kraetys

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    And how many extra storage classes?

13. Potateau

Potateau Big Teeth HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    10 XD. The stuff I have though isn't what most players keep. Multiple of every set item, all of the christmas items, etc.

14. chaostitan

Minecraft:
    The arguments always made are lag, doesn't fit Wynn play style, waste of CT time, waste of space etc. But the reason I never liked housing is its over used and I just don't see it benefiting Wynn in any way. The only real reason I see for housing is storage and even then the better bank suggestions or quest bank suggestions are an overall better idea.

Potateau likes this.
  15. Potateau

Potateau Big Teeth HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No, we should have player housing, so we can be like all of the other generic RPG's. ;)

chaostitan likes this.
  16. Kraetys

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    At least the other generic rpgs have content.

Miles_ likes this.
  17. Potateau

Potateau Big Teeth HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @thecontentteam apparently Wynncraft has no content.

18. chaostitan

Minecraft:
    Is this suppose to be an insult towards Wynn?

Potateau likes this.
  19. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The last time that a suggestion for housing was brought up on the forums, the response from the admins was that they were not interested in it, in any form. So, unless an admin comes in and the admins have changed their minds, the discussion is really pointless. Please, let this thread drop.

Potateau, Ackro and Soviet Union like this.
  20. Miles_

Miles_ hi CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think he means that it has far less than most good RPGs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.