Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Apartment System

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by JerichoQuin, Dec 29, 2016.

?

Should player housing exist?

1. Yes, It would be great!

18 vote(s)
    20.9%
  2. Ehh

14 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. Nah, It's wasted time and un-needed

54 vote(s)
    62.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerichoQuin

JerichoQuin Newbie Adventurer

I am still pretty new to the forums, Only really making an account today, but I would like to make a request.
    Wynncraft is a pretty big map with a lot of well build cities and an abundance of space in between cities. Sometimes there are little houses here and there and I would like those houses to be utilized. I propose that players are able to rent (a limit of one house per player) those "in between" houses. As to not pollute Wynncraft with even more houses, or make the world crowded, I think it should only be a few houses in between cities.
    Players should be able to rent a house for a reasonable amount. Just to be fair, I think that the price should be permanent and not a bidding thing (Me being one of them, I know not a lot of people have stacks and stacks of liquid emerald) Depending on the house size, and the location, prices should fair. For reference, If you look on the Wynncraft map, The small house that is bordering Nivla Forest to the east (If you zoom in, it is right under the yellow "province of Wynn text) should be priced pretty low at maybe 20 EB a month. This is because it is pretty tucked away, small, and far from any cities. Now, Take the house right outside of Detlas, to the west, It would be priced at a mighty 1 LE a month or more because it is right outside of a city and very large. Of course, Not all houses should be rentable, but quite a few should because so many people play Wynncraft.
    Also, I personally don't do server work and don't know how hard it would be to do, but I think that the exterior of the house should be permanent, as to not ruin the aesthetic of Wynncraft. I think that houses should serve a purpose. I mean, No one wants to just buy a house for it to be there. So, I think that houses should serve as a trophy hall and storage space, maybe even an auction hall or restaurant. If the player desires, I think they should be able to but (in game) chests or 'trophy cases' from a home merchant. Trophy cases could hold quest items or maybe even weapons that look good. It could be like an item frame, But one that is see-through and showcases the 3-d effects of weapons. A home merchant should also sell carpets, fences, and others decoration items for a house. All of the building aspects should revolve around the fact that the owner of the house should be able to build only inside their property limits.
    (FOR THE TD;LR PEOPLE)
    Those who were too lazy to read this, Basically, I want the houses in between cities (the random little ones) to be able to be rented out for storage and decoration by players. Reasonably priced according to the placement and size of course.
    Honestly, This is just an idea. Other people can add to my ideas and give some other ideas on how to improve! :)

~Allie (。·//ε//·。)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    SoCool21 and orange0401 like this.
  2. Freigt

Freigt 10 years a newbie VIP+

Minecraft:
    Alright, cool. I would like a place to store my items, and this is a neat way to do so.
    Also, add a tl;dr, as well as a poll.

3. Potateau

Potateau Big Teeth HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We don't need player housing. Lag + wasted space + wasted time for the devs.

NITEHAWKX, Yorn91, Plasma~ and 7 others like this.
  4. ron111701

ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i agree with em. a bout load ofbpeople have suggested it and its always been no.

coolname2034 and chaostitan like this.
  5. JerichoQuin

It is a shame though because it is a really cool idea

6. DarkRaven

DarkRaven Skilled Adventurer

Too Difficult;Little Reading :)

Maybe an enderchest can be placed in some attics, cellars, cottages, ... to make it kind of feel like it could be your home.

coolname2034 and kazumeep like this.
  7. Marco

Marco Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    For some reason, people of the wynncraft forums despise housing threads. Either they want other things to be done first, they are too stubborn to see a good suggestion, or do not want the game to move in that direction. I actually remember during one of Grian's gavel streams he said something about player housing, and how he would be willing to add it when everything was done and finished, and they found a proper way to add it. The suggestion is good, but player housing might be accepted by the community when they finish the main storyline.

8. chaostitan

chaostitan Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    What do you mean by to stubborn to see a good suggestion? Many people that are against player housing (myself included), have provided reasonable arguments Against it no?

coolname2034 likes this.
  9. JerichoQuin

Yes, In some ways those arguments are invalid after a certain period of time. Like how some people have said that it would be too much because of the current projects but once those projects are finished, there might be time. There are a few other reasons that are ridiculous but some are good reasons. All that I am saying is that is is a pretty cool idea.

Miles_ likes this.
  10. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Reading thread........ Apartments?..... sounds like housing............ KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!

Jokes aside as you are new to the forums... you should know that ANYTHING related to housing is 100% going to be hated on and spitted on no matter on how good you THINK your points are. People will always find a way to trash on it. My suggestion is to abandon all these types of housing ideas

coolname2034 likes this.
  11. Daridon248

Daridon248 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Only will work for storage,for the rest NOPE

12. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    What are you going to store? Items? We have banks for that.

Housing ideas are like satans spawn. The creator is the puppet, forcefully making these threads with the wrong idea.

(this is a metaphor so don't get saltyphoxed)

coolname2034 likes this.
  13. Marco

Marco Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    I didn't mean to target you if that is what you thought I was doing. You would fall under the category of not wanting the game to go in that direction in my opinion. Most probably would fall under this, I'm trying to target people who feel they have to say no due to peer pressure. When a descent amount of the community sees housing as something not benificial to the game, some might try to blend in with this crowd. If someone provides reasoning like you did, however, that is completely fine. In hindsight, maybe people being "stubborn" was a bad choice of words on my part, because it seems these people just try to blend in with the crowd. (Sorry for the wall of text lol)

14. chaostitan

chaostitan Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Oh I see, the biggest reason I don't want housing is like you said I don't want the game to go in the direction of plots and housing, cause it's just not how I see Wynn as a server.

coolname2034 likes this.
  15. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yall need to stop shutting down ideas based on previous similar ideas

7Red_Dragon7 and Miles_ like this.
  16. Mouse :)

Mouse :) cicetil is no longer a slave VIP+

Minecraft:
    Shutting down housing threads is a tradition, at least some of them use decent arguments and reply politely
    Even if its bad feedback, it helps

coolname2034 likes this.
  17. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    its a bad tradition we need to break, the only reason a suggestion should be automatically shut down is if an admin shuts it down or if its unreasonable

18. Miles_

Miles_ hi CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Putting it bluntly, the community in Wynncraft can be very toxic and rude, as shown on Bulix's thread yesterday, and I think that Marco has a valid point. I do not think that that is the main reason for housing threads being quickly rejected though. I really don't see what is so bad about housing threads rn, but I think that people just hate on them because it has become normal. And if you respond saying that people spamming housing threads makes them so bad, then I'll get triggered. People spamming housing, or buff threads doesn't devalue their ideas, it just makes them more common.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  19. ron111701

ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    while i don't particularly like the idea, I would be open if they just decided to add it. However, they're continually shut down because of the sheer volume of em. They've been kinda spammed for a while, a bunch of people make the same suggestion over and over. My reasons for not wanting it were lag, wasted development time, and wasted servers/space. Now if they had finished everything then I would be more open. However, they haven't, and I'd rather the team spend their time on new content rather than a glorified bank.

Snerp likes this.
  20. Mouse :)

Mouse :) cicetil is no longer a slave VIP+

Minecraft:
    What thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.