Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Elemental Defenses On Bosses

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Endertricity, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endertricity

Endertricity Assorted Mini Quiche VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    By this post, I'm talking about Bob and Qira, tell me if there are any others that follow this trend.

These bosses both have full elemental damage and defense. It's to make them seem super powerful, I suppose? Master of all elements of life?
    Not the vibe I'm getting here.

It's just annoying and, in my opinion, bad design to force a certain weapon upon a player who wishes to defeat these bosses. The elemental defense, instead of being a challenge is a simple bottlenecking of playstyles that is never good in an MMORPG. Moreover, powerful neutral weapons are few and far between for non-warriors. That's probably a good thing, those are quite boring.

Buff the bosses if you have to. More health and regen could do some good for the challenge aspects of the fights. But please, please remove their elemental defenses to avoid the awful streamlining of the boss-battle idea.

2. Undyne

Undyne Do you enjoy going through hell? CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I will state that recently I fought Bob to help another person and I was dealing near 1000 fire damage using a powdered Ignition. So, those "rainbow" defense bosses aren't 100% resistant against elements (but definitely take less damage from them).

I do admit that the warrior class has a wide variety of neutral weapons to choose from, including a level 66 legendary spear that is just a bit less powerful than Bob's Mythic Spear. But, the other classes struggle to find a neutral weapon, especially if the player is used to using elemental damage. And, an annoying part about the bosses is that the weapon reward is neutral, which basically slaps you in the face once the battle is over. I will agree that the elemental defenses are passable, but a bulwark for other players with elemental dependence.

I don't think the entire removal of the elemental defenses is necessary, but maybe slightly reduce them so players can battle them easier. Right now, since the patch "fixed" untradable item drops, Bob has been an issue for lv75 players as they can't deal enough damage (even with help) to get the seal. A slight reducing of the defenses would lower the difficulty enough for lv75s to get the seal, but still hard enough so they have to get help fighting it.

3. aayl

aayl Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I agree, the GMs should lower elemental defense on bosses, and up HP and regen. The difference is just disgusting. For example, I was able to do a 15k bomb to Bob with pre - nerf Az, but couldn't do more than 100 damage to Qira with the same weapon.

Son_Omega_Dan and XavierEXE like this.
  4. MylifeIsSad

MylifeIsSad Well-Known Adventurer

Fighting bob isn't necessary as bob mythic is bad nowadays .

For Qira it is resonable as she is an end game boss .

Just use spell spam build to fight bosses (you can use mobility spells and attack more often)

5. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "Well I guess there's always poison"

It's pretty ridiculous that you have to use an extremely specific build to damage an end-game boss, especially when the game discourages use of neutral damage via powders.

6. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Isn't it the fact that you need one special build to kill bosses and cant use all? If you like build X but cant use it to face a boss, thats just not fair.

7. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Um
    Hive weapons?
    Wybel weapons?

8. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't think you're really having a problem with Bob or maybe even Qira if you have those.

CookedPelvis and Mistrise Mystic like this.
  9. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Tru

10. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I said few and far between, not nonexistent.

Mistrise Mystic likes this.
  11. Hephaestus

Hephaestus Hypothetical Build Maker | Avos Air Arceus VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You don't even need that much neutral damage. I soloed Bob using an Alkatraz (which is basically the epitome of single-element builds) and Qira with a Rewind (which is like 1/3 neutral)

12. SmileyAlec

SmileyAlec Olympic Gaming CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    same with weathered

13. Happy New Year

Happy New Year Please bring the shoutbox back VIP+

Minecraft:
    bob takes elemental dmg normally (atleast from me using scythe at lv 74)
    qira is totally immune to elemental dmg but i soloed her easly with braker and cluster, i didnt try with the other classes yet

14. SmileyAlec

SmileyAlec Olympic Gaming CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    slider + raw spell build = rip qira

Pokextreme likes this.
  15. Kawaii__Turtle

Kawaii__Turtle Kawaiiest of Turtles CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Rainbow tank with Memento and Bonder for Mage can destroy her :p

16. Kraetys

Kraetys Hater of Catipalism - Certified Nyanarchist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The amount of people who don't understand at all is appalling.

Son_Omega_Dan and Endertricity like this.
  17. Goati

Goati actually joeo HERO

Minecraft:
    I'm fine with the bosses that have full elemental defence and the same resistantness to each element, but what I'm not fine about is bosses that have weaknesses and defenses because it actually forces you to change elements in order to progress, meaning you may need to swap all your armour, weapon and accessories to an element for 1 boss fight. Atleast with neutral weps they don't usually have a element req.

18. TrazT

TrazT Cooking By The Book Ft. Lil Jon HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not sure if there's a reason for this not already being in place, but why not implement neutral defense for certain mobs? It's like how damage was processed for players before gavel.

19. Fleega

Fleega Sleeping Ultimate Chimera CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bob doesn't have full elemental defense, it can be overpowered if you do enough elemental damage however yes, Qira does seem to take no elemental damage or at least takes extremely minimal amounts of it, this is why I have always hated element damage based builds because the first thing I always think of is; Okay, you do only elemental damage? Go fight Qira and tell me how it goes. This is why i use the hive spear still, despite having no melee or spell damage upping armor on (The struggle for me to kill ANYTHING is hellish)
    I agree that the elemental defenses should be lowered by some amount (If only to make it so I'm not forcing myself to do 500 damage per hit and a high of 4k uppercuts, rip)

20. Locky1110

Locky1110 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lol i saw u beast the noob known as bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.