Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Design New Sp System

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by BrickBuilder03, Sep 28, 2016.

?

Do you want to have the old sp system back?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. I don't care

15 vote(s)
    19.7%
  3. No

40 vote(s)
    52.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This happens with the new soul point system too, people that would leave due to @Salamii's suggestions have probably already left due to losing stuff for dying more than once below level 30.
    There already was a penalty, and it was fine. The reason I hate the new system isn't because it starts at 5sp rather than 2sp, but because it's RANDOM!!
    Why would I play when there's a chance I could lose all my best items, and it's LUCK BASED whether I lose them or not?!
    Same, all this change did was make it take longer to do anything cause I spend twice the time waiting for my fucking soul points to regenerate. It didn't change my playstyle, or make me think differently, or anything. All it did was ruin what I found fun, which was travelling using /kills and teleportation scrolls to SPEEDRUN THE GAME.
    All this change does is limit our playtime even more, forcing us to afk even earlier to wait for soul points.

2. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The death penalties at lower levels are lesser to compensate for this; they take longer to kick in exactly because you have less to spare. I saw no mention of doing the same for those suggested effects, however.

JaydonTheWarrior likes this.
  3. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like the new system, it's not hard nor difficult at all, it just makes your worry a bit more, and what's the big deal anyways they just raised the lvl you need to lose stuff then lowered the amount of things you lose.

4. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The issue is that it's LUCK BASED
    I liked the old system because it was guaranteed: It happened at 2sp, and that's it. I knew what would happen if I died, and could plan around it.
    But NOW, it's RANDOM. When I hit 8sp, I have to be like "okay, I'm nowhere near a bank, and I have these powders and dungeon keys with me. The nearest town is 500 blocks away, should I go out and risk it? If I die, I might lose nothing or I might lose everything, there's no way for me to know!"

THIS IS THE ISSUE
    "If I die, I might lose nothing or I might lose everything"

LotKnockMC and AetherArising like this.
  5. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm sorry but it's it all luck based, and no you wouldn't lose powders or keys there nether a junk item nor anything else

6. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you die you respawn at a town, so that train of logic is completely flawed. If you do not want to lose your items, store them in your bank. Simple. You will not lose any valuable gear(that is to say, identified items) until you are at 5 SP, at which point you have a 3% drop chance. your bad luck is not necessarily a flaw in the game's design.

7. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    Elkurn
    Maltic
    Ternaves
    Bremminglar
    Jungle Village
    Rymek (No Emerald Merchants)
    Bucie
    Dogovi
    LEXDALE
    TUTORIAL AREA WHEN YOU DIE IN A QUEST

8. BobCaboose

BobCaboose Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    do /class
    or
    leave the server, you regan ur sp still

9. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    takes 3 times as long if you leave the server, and you don't get soul points at all if you go in /class

10. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Elkurn has essentially no threats on the path to Detlas.

Ternaves is a hop, skip, and jump away from Detlas, or Almuj, and has similarly safe paths.

Bremminglar is even closer to Almuj than Ternaves.

Jungle Village, fine. The path can be a -bit- cluttered at times, but nothing that can't be bum-rushed to Troms considering Lv 1's have done it.

Rymek...that is irrelevant that it has no emeerald merchants; the fact of the matter remains that you can store items in your bank.

Bucie is, again, relatively close to Llevigar. Same case as Jungle Village. Enemies are relatively sparse and can be outrun.

Dogovi is extremely close to Rodoroc.

Lexdale's core design as a town is flawed due to being blocked off by Eye of the Storm. Even then, it is not that far to Cinfras.

All of these towns are not threatening to move away from unless you are significantly under-geared or underleveled.

OrientGamer and donda biblioteca like this.
  11. BobCaboose

BobCaboose Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    i didn't mention it when i said /class, only when i said when you leave the server

12. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    You're talking to the guy that likes to speedrun the game, so yeah, these places are issues, because I don't spend 92 hours grinding for the best gear and I don't have enough money to buy it from shops, I often end up with under-leveled or horrible gear. Before the update, that playstyle was still viable. It was a challenge, but I wasn't punished for choosing to play like that. NOW, the way I play the game has basically been destroyed. I thought this update was supposed to give us more options?! This soul point system locks me into a slow careful playstyle which I honestly hate. I don't want to afk every time I die just because I used a few teleportation scrolls beforehand, I want to PLAY THE GAME!

AetherArising likes this.
  13. xKindredKinesis

xKindredKinesis .[_]. VIP

Minecraft:
    Hm.
    Never thought it all through.
    Sorry about that.

14. ElegantDeath

ElegantDeath Who needs a title anyways HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    let's just end the thread here
    the new soul point system punishes death for people below 5 sp
    if you have any more the worst you're gonna lose is an emerald
    I support keeping the new system

Thom_Com and Cruuk like this.
  15. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    gasterannoyed.png

You misconstrue the message. We gave you more options for skill builds. This is an MMO; certain things are to be expected of the genre. The Gavel update(which, was the update that was specified to give more options, by the by, you are quite late citing that) was intended to break away from the "These are the best items" gear stylings of pre-Gavel by adding in different identifications and skill builds. This leads to different playstyles among players; will you tank or will you evade? Will you thrash your enemies with spells, or with melee attacks? Will you attack your opponent indirectly with poison or thorns? Etc., etc.

Your method of speed-running the game amps up the singular difficulty too much. This is literally a personal issue and not a flaw of the game. When we said more options for playstyles, we very much meant skill builds and not a style that the genre effectively quashes and is built against.

I see no reason for the drop system to change.

16. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    They can't appeal to everyone, the game was not really built around the way you play, and I know that's how you like to play, but as I mentioned, the game was never really built around having all your classes evenly leveled at the same time, to me it's always been maxing out a class the way you see it, then moving on to the next, not everyone uses 12+ different classes at the same time. The gameplay update did give people more options, but sadly, you got the short end of the stick it seems when it comes to your playstyle, and I'm sorry if you feel that way, but I don't see things changing down the road to fit your playstyle.

OrientGamer and XavierEXE like this.
  17. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Whoops I deleted my post by mistake xD

18. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    My playstyle worked perfectly fine before the gameplay update, that's why I'm mad. Sure, it was challenging, but that's what I liked about it. It was fun doing level 80 quests with level 50 gear because it added difficulty but it was still possible, and it saved me time from grinding for gear every few levels. Now I just feel like I'm being punished.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  19. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, don't you find it rather conspicuous that we have such challenges as Lv 101, yet actively patch overpowered grinding spots that allow you to reach them quickly? The genre, and the direction the game is going in, discourages speedrunning. It is nothing against specifically you, but it prevents situations like people hitting Lv 75 after 8 hours pre-Gavel. We don't want players to rush through the game without a second thought.

OrientGamer likes this.
  20. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    It's not as much stuff like that, I guess a better way to put my playstyle is "how long can I put off grinding for gear because quests are more fun than grinding and I have like no inventory space anyways." I'm not trying to get to level 101, because that's all just grinding.

This system seems like an unnecessary change, because before the game allowed you to take it slow or play more risky, and this soul point change just made the game more limiting with NO BENEFITS FOR THE SLOWER PLAYSTYLE EITHER.

AetherArising likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.