Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Design New Sp System

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by BrickBuilder03, Sep 28, 2016.

?

Do you want to have the old sp system back?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. I don't care

15 vote(s)
    19.7%
  3. No

40 vote(s)
    52.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrickBuilder03

BrickBuilder03 A penguin that likes turtles. VIP

Minecraft:
    I hate it, mostly because it's bad game design.

What problem did this solve?

I lost my stuff threads? Making the game more challenging? Fixed the "broken" sp system? Pepole shouldn't use kill to fast travel?
    I lost my stuff threads could be fixed through a in-game message that told you that you lost all your items if you had less then 2.

Making it more challenging should be through self imposted challenges like soloing bosses and use more xp gear while grinding. Not through artificialy saying that your a noob and take your items.

Fixing the "broken" sp system?
    How the **** was it broken? I have heard it so many times but no explanation.

/kill for fast travel was strategy that requires skill. Not everyone know where the limits for spawning in thesead or eltom is and you need to know that not visiting lusuco before killing bob can be a good strategy. This is almost like a easter egg or a real intended strategy isn't it a shame to punish this?

Is this proof enough why this is unecessary? But it do even contredict other design decisions from this very update!

Powder abilitys want you to play aggresive and risky, but at the same time the sp system say that you should play it safe. The game is contradicting itself. Action games are in general meant to play risky; downwell, bloodborne, donkey kong, wynncraft, world of warcraft even Mario and Luigi, the easiest rpg ever, have elements that want you to play risky.

I hope you understand why i hate it and reverse it to the old one. Please explain why the old one was broken and most of all have a good day.

2. Loannnnn

Loannnnn A Dungeon Fanatic VIP+

Minecraft:
    Just don't carry junk items and stacks of emeralds. Also, it's a plus from it being too easy as a fast travel.

3. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    tl:dr
    It's complete shit and should never have been added.

4. BrickBuilder03

BrickBuilder03 A penguin that likes turtles. VIP

Minecraft:
    You don't drop a shit you care about before your under 5sp, but then it's so bad that you log off. Thats not how it was intended.

XavierEXE likes this.
  5. Loannnnn

Loannnnn A Dungeon Fanatic VIP+

Minecraft:
    It's not that bad once you get used to it, I'm fine with it (yea I said it, fite me)

SeemsLegit, SwampyWillis and Mrs Sara like this.
  6. kojirobin

kojirobin ♧ the local (broke) emerald dealer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    no reason, no meaning, no price for /kill or so.

Greeni likes this.
  7. Mrs Sara

Mrs Sara Famous Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I also have no problem with the new system. Just don't carry anything you think is too important on you. If it's your weapon you're worried about, then be careful when dying.

Thom_Com and SwampyWillis like this.
  8. kojirobin

kojirobin ♧ the local (broke) emerald dealer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:

9. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    You can't be careful when what you lose is RANDOM, and LUCK-BASED.

10. Mrs Sara

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Xavier, the lower your sp get to the higher chance of losing a rare item. If you start getting low like that then maybe just take a break or switch classes.

Pretzule likes this.
  11. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    heh
    eheh
    ehh...

12. TempleOfLegends

TempleOfLegends Emma CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    so make us play less time on wynn.... great system amirite?

13. Mrs Sara

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Even with the old system, it still made you spend less time, once you got down to 3 or 2 sp that is.

14. moreiron

moreiron Have Wand Will Travel VIP+

Minecraft:
    They should have a fast soul point recovery room modeled on the Gilderoy Lockhart sequences in Harry Potter. In each town there is a building you can go into and get Soul Points back fast. To do it you enter a room with Salted (or Selvut or Jumla or etc.) sitting at a desk. The walls are covered with photos of Salted in various poses. You get a huge stack of fan emails to answer for Salted, who is busy using Wynncrafts secret back door code to examine the contents of players computers. You take different pieces of stock responses and combine them in your inventory crafting square to make specific letters. When you have made a stack or so of unique responses you drop the letters and a horse or weapon into the hopper.
    You get your soul points maxed.
    Don't forget to buy a brown horse to use!

15. TempleOfLegends

TempleOfLegends Emma CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    well you still had more time

16. ItsFreakinHarry

ItsFreakinHarry The Insane Suggestion Creator

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What really bothers me is that I end up using scrolls a lot to travel between many different places. However, I cannot do that as fast as I wanted anymore because once I get down to 5 SP I just log off so I can be sure I save my weapons/armor if I end up dying. I do not think that is how Wynncraft is designed to play as. Basically for me, its similar to a mobile game. "Oh, you are getting low on Soul Points. Go offline and wait a few hours so that your Soul Points can recharge, and keep your items safe." And yes, I could just AFK in Cinfras or something like that, but thats still about 1-2 hours of waiting just so I feel safe questing/grinding/exploring.

17. xKindredKinesis

xKindredKinesis .[_]. VIP

Minecraft:
    edit: warning, stupid idea: carry on
    Here were some ideas for changes to the SP system that I came up with a while back: use them as you feel fit, but leave credit.

"Change it up a bit. Don’t make losing items the only penalty.
    Dying can cause you to lose multiple items, and sometimes risks that need to be taken will prove far too punishing for the player. So instead of making the penalty be losing items all the time, change it up. Have a chance to receive other conditions that will add flair to the gameplay.

(These conditions are chosen from at random when you die below 9 Soul Points, and you can receive multiple conditions per death, up to three at once. Amnesia and Item Loss are one-time occurrences, so they cannot be repealed. Upon gaining full Soul Points, the conditions will wear off.)

Such as..."

• Amnesia
      • Lose 15% of your current XP.
    • Fruitless
      • Have a 20% chance to not gain any XP from killing enemies.
    • Weakened
      • Deal 15% less damage indefinitely.
    • Uncovered
      • Take 15% more damage indefinitely.
    • Dizziness
      • Receive Nausea for 2.5 minutes. Cannot be cured with Heal or Spin Attack.
    • Blindness
      • Receive Blindness for 5 minutes. Cannot be cured with Heal or Spin Attack.
    • Slowdown
      • Receive Slowness I indefinitely. Cannot be cured with Heal or Spin Attack.
    • De-neighed
      • Become rendered unable to summon your horse indefinitely.
    • Inefficient
      • Spells cost +2 more mana to cast.
    • Lackluster
      • Emeralds, weapons, and armor will not be dropped from killing enemies.
    • Hocus Pocus
      • Identifications and powders are disabled indefinitely.
    • Impotence
      • The defense, damage and mana increases/dodge or critical hit chances/elemental damage increases provided by Skill Points are halved.
    • Detached
      • Begin losing twice as many Soul Points when dying.
    • Jettison
      • Lose up to 3-7 items from your inventory upon death, following the same chances as before.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  18. LotKnockMC

LotKnockMC S̵͚̉i̸̥͔̞̒̕͜n̷̦̹̱͒̈́̚g̶͈̳̙͇͗̾̋̾ͅë̶͔́̌͋ṙ̶̢̧̭͕ VIP+

Minecraft:
    I still use /kill for fast travel, just not as liberally. It's not anywhere near a "fix."

AetherArising and XavierEXE like this.
  19. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    Well, you need to try to look into the minds of the Devs.

WHY was this added?

People did not fear dying, and treated it as no big deal. This adds a penalty for dying. Not massive, but still something. Dying a lot does however cause massive problems.

stlast, OrientGamer, Thom_Com and 5 others like this.
  20. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    gasterscared.png

So you want us to lose all of our players, yes?

Players start out at 10 soul points maximum which means more than a single death below Lv 30 will trigger these effects. And you will die a lot in the early game, especially new players who do not know how the play. In addition, you only stand a chance of losing rather valuable items below 5 Soul Points. This brings the point of "Okay I have to wait for full SP" up to 9. All of these are ridiculously debilitating and awful; I would -prefer- an inventory wipe to any one of these; adding in these changes would make things worse, if anything.

kioph, Bubbles, OrientGamer and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.