Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Dungeons The Cursed Chest

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by JimDoodle, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimDoodle

JimDoodle Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Essentially, every irl day a chest spawns, but only on one server at a time. If you are the one to open it, you get insanely good items, like REALLY good, but you are cursed. Pretty much what the curse is, is everyone on the server gets a little bar that points toward your location, and you get the glowing effect. This lasts for 20 minutes and if somebody finds you in these 20 minutes they can kill you. If you die during those 20 minutes, you drop only those items + whatever you would have lost for dying normally. This timer does not stick to one server though, if you play for a minute with the curse on lets say world 1. then you log off and come back an hour later, you still have to survive 19 minutes. This would include switching servers, so if you left world 1, and joined world 2, you would still have whatever time was left. If you survive the curse though, you can keep all the loot.

Rimuwu and donda biblioteca like this.
  2. Eric Yang

Eric Yang RIP Mincreafterkid12|THE LEGEND NEVER DIES

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    2 OP for me. If I were to open a cursed chest I would just logout for 30 minutes and log back in.

Tantibus likes this.
  3. Tealy

Tealy a businessman of sorts GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    This seems pretty cool, but the chests should spawn in a variety of High lvl places, like Canyon of the Lost, Sky Islands and Molten Heights. Imagine if a curse chest spawned in Detlas!
    Otherwise, seems pretty decent
    Also...
    Pssst! Add a poll!

4. Kurim

Kurim a complete idiot CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Has nothing to do with Dungeons?

5. NinjaMaster909

NinjaMaster909 Master Assassin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So are you saying that if you die while cursed, you'll lose everything you hold, as if you died when at 0 soul points? Uh...no thanks...

6. Toasted Asian

Toasted Asian Toasty VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We already have mimics doe....

7. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    no, you would lose 2SP, and the normal items from death, and the items from the chest

8. kojirobin

kojirobin ♧ the local (broke) emerald dealer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    He means that his weapon/armour (he had gotten from the chest) when he is at 0sp. Also you cannot kill someone in the world, you can only in nether.

9. BobCaboose

BobCaboose Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Camps in the middle of the ocean

10. IggyBoii

IggyBoii I Have No Idea What Im Doing VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I get cursed chest, use tp scroll to town, put stuff in e chest, Then i go to lab n, then i go to a meteor, then i go to a place thats annoying to get too, ok.

11. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    OH SHIT LOOK AT MY MAX MYTHICS OMG NOW LEMME BANK EM AT LIKE OLUX WHERE NOBODY IS AND YEAH PROFITTT

12. H07oh

H07oh Okay But Consider The Following: VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you let people kill you, you have to let the person defending themselves hurt the enemy. Now think about this: I open a cursed chest as a level 101 mage in Deltas. I then go on a rampage, murdering all the afks in Deltas until soul points litter the ground.

Nukewarmachine likes this.
  13. JimDoodle

Minecraft:
    Putting the items in a chest could be easily preventable. Any items from that chest can have an nbt tag that if you put them in an echest, a testfor command can tell they're not supposed to be there and it will put them back into your inv. It is also possible to change the nbt data even after it is an item in somebody's inv.

14. llllllllllllll

Minecraft:
    Then why would I even bother??? This would then be pretty useless, you can't store the items from selling and you can't even drop them! WTF THIS IS PURE SHIT (heheh 'pure' shit)

creature likes this.
  15. JimDoodle

Minecraft:
    "This timer does not stick to one server though, if you play for a minute with the curse on lets say world 1. then you log off and come back an hour later, you still have to survive 19 minutes. This would include switching servers, so if you left world 1, and joined world 2, you would still have whatever time was left. If you survive the curse though, you can keep all the loot."
    Like I said, the nbt can be changed even after it is an item in somebody's inventory, so either if you die or if the 20 minutes run out, the game can change the nbt of the item allowing you to put it into an echest

16. llllllllllllll

Minecraft:
    Then I don't think i would use it then either. I'm on a loot run, and I see a cursed chest. But wait, WTF do cursed chests look like?! Okay, I grab those cursed items and then I find something even better. WELL FUCK WHAT DO I DO NOW WAIT FOR SOME BOUNTY HUNTERS TO KILL ME WTF

17. H07oh

H07oh Okay But Consider The Following: VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No. This would open it up for high damage classes to one-hit you. My suggestion would be to completely remove PvP.

Nukewarmachine likes this.
  18. IggyBoii

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you cant attack them, but they can attack you* plus you dont loose sp.

ShadowWarp likes this.
  19. JimDoodle

Minecraft:
    Sorry, that one's on me for not explaining what I meant. There would be a set location for the chests to spawn, the chest would look like any ordinary chest, but there would be a specific dungeonish room where it will be, that is why the tag dungeon is on my post.

20. IggyBoii

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    add a poll

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.