Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World A Little Easter Egg

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Rory_the_fish, Aug 31, 2016.

?

Is it a good idea?

1. Yeah

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Nah

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rory_the_fish

Rory_the_fish Triple integral

Minecraft:
    So recently I was wandering around, doing the Temple of Legends quest and I began to think about the helmet you create. It's purpose is to protect the player from corruption. I was pondering this when I suddenly remembered doing the Heart of iron II quest. There were 2 endings to that quest, a good one and a bad one (one where you take a bribe and one where you report what's going on to the sherif). I also remembered reading on the wiki that more of these "double ending" quests existed and assume they both have good/bad endings. Anyway I suddenly thought: hey isn't taking the bribe in heart of iron II a bit like corruption, you're being corrupted by greed. So I thought it would be a cool Easter egg if when you tried to do the bad ending (for this quest specifically), if you're wearing the helmet thingy they it stops you and says something like: "is this really the right thing to do?" It would be a cool Easter egg as it makes sense and would not impede on the player's options (should they wish to be a terrible person they can take the helmet off and then talk to the scientist guy to claim their ill gotten goods, then put it back on right after).

Tl;dr whilst wearing the anti corruption helmet from the temple of legends quest, it would be impossible to accept the bribe from the scientist in A heart of iron II

Thanks for taking the time to read this, any criticism; be it constructive or blatant ad hominem is helpful. feel free to add your opinion and possible improvements.

2. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    While it's a decent idea, in the world of Wynncraft, corruption refers to the dark magic that originates from the Nether, not corruption as in greed and such.

Stycore, The Fool, Shanaaro and 2 others like this.
  3. PerfectlyColored

PerfectlyColored Generic Title

I don't think it's an easter egg if you suggested it. What would be the point? Also, i agree with captainganon, corruption is not what you're talking bout.

4. Rory_the_fish

Rory_the_fish Triple integral

Minecraft:
    2 good points.
    I'd probably say that the "Easter eggy" part of this is the dual meaning of corruption.
    Also what makes this any less valid as an Easter egg if I suggested it? Not everyone reads the forums and few of those who do will stumble upon this thread. So why not make it an Easter egg? There would still be a lot of people unaware of its existence.

5. Twomoo

Twomoo Travelled Adventurer

I kinda Like this idea, can we do it xD

6. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    More people are on the forums than are on the game on average. We've got around 50k on the forums, while the average in-game is only 500-1500.

Why it's not an easter egg is because, if it's not a secret to begin with, it's not a secret ever. So it takes away from the point of easter eggs, which are little hidden jokes

7. Theepicsquash

Theepicsquash Error: Originality not detected. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Just 1 point, Iron Heart is a lv 58 quest (correct me if im wrong) and ToL is lv 68, I would probably do Iron Heart BEFORE Tol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.