Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Why Mage's Heal Needs A Change

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Endertricity, Aug 20, 2016.

?

What idea do you support?

1. Mage change

27 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. Assassin change

11 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. Both

12 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. Neither

96 vote(s)
    65.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DirtyDoge

DirtyDoge Master Procastinator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Phew, I thought you were gonna do something crazy for a second.

2. Endertricity

Endertricity Assorted Mini Quiche VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thank you!

3. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    no they arent,smoke bomb is ok,but heal really needs nerf,as its really op,makes it be a better tank than a fire warrior and makes the fire warriors useless against this :I and it heals way soo much (one time a mage healed me for more than what i had,and the mage was lower level and had less hp than me :I)

4. Turtlebomb

Turtlebomb idk VIP+

Minecraft:
    The mage heal does more to allies than to themself.

5. Aya

Minecraft:
    the problem is not only the heal,the problem is too the meteor

meteor does insane amount of damage(it one punched me several times) and imagine if it got the archer's weapon,it would be more op than the other 3 classes at same time,and heal...gdi it can heal you even more than what you have...

pretty op,and the the 4 spells combined can just destroy even a level 100 warrior/assassin/archer,with heal,a water mage can be a better tank than a 100k hp fire warrior,and the meteor can do more damage than smoke bomb if it hits,cause smoke bomb can be avoided,while meteor is really hard(or at least it is for me lol)

assassin is ok for me,i can actually kill alone each boss of ToA (except death)so i wouldnt recommend changes,and much less this change of smoke bomb,cause what if the bomb takes it excesively close?what if the enemy is Bob,or CoW or Amadel or something?you would be screwed if using this spell...

6. ElegantDeath

ElegantDeath Who needs a title anyways HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the Order of class moves is Starter,Transportation(can damage at higher levels for most classes), Offensive, Utility(All utility moves do slight damage) so it's not like the mage has an advantage with the 4th move

7. Aya

Minecraft:
    the ice snake doesnt do damage,only meteor was sarcastic,as obviously it does damage

8. ElegantDeath

ElegantDeath Who needs a title anyways HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the ice snake attack actually does slight neu and water damage

9. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The heal works better on others, while I heal myself for 3k-4k others will get 14k from my heal

10. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Actually on Normal speed weapons or higher it does equal or greater damage to your basic attack due to attack speed modifiers.

11. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    All classes can get to insane amounts of damage that can one shot you, mage is not unique in that aspect.
    Idk a 100k hp fire warrior sounds really strong.
    Meteor does less damage than smoke bomb but smoke bomb is less effected by agility (do to multiple hits) and it isnt the main attack spell, multi hit is. And multi hit also does more damage than meteor.

12. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No, as in, just using a Normal speed-tier weapon makes Ice Snake deal as much damage as a basic attack, with no other modifiers applied. Using an Oak Wood Wand and Ice Snake would have it deal 1-2 neutral damage and 1-2 water damage.

XavierEXE and Yuno F Gasai like this.
  13. Erucidal

Erucidal Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    For Heal:
    1)
    It's supposed to be a support class. With only four classes, it makes sense that it's the only one with a healing ability. That, and mage's DPS is weaker.
    2)
    Heal spam will easily drain your mana. Even if you do have huge mana regen, you'll still find yourself taxed from healing too much. Difficult bosses/challenges that require heal spam will often result in a mage having to click heal the entire time in order to keep people alive. I fail to realize how this is "no cost or effort".
    3)
    No? Potions and heal are stackable. Sure, you may not ever have to carry around health pots as a mage, but this comes at a price of lower DPS. The extra emeralds you invest into health potions with other classes results in higher DPS. Likewise, for any class, you can opt out of investing into intelligence and buy tons of mana potions to give yourself extra skillpoints. Especially in a group setting, potions are still highly valuable; a mage healer is unable to access everybody at all times.
    4)
    I don't even understand how this is a point. If you're concerned about the roleplay side of things, this is already fixed by how Heal heals for significantly less the less HP one has.

I wouldn't necessarily mind your suggestion, it's just unneeded. Heal is fine the way it is.

As for Assassin, why would you ever want to give it a long range stun? Why?
    With PvP, a smart Assassin will make people panic. The speed you get from vanish plus the lots of walkspeed you should have if you're doing PvP with an Assassin should easily be able to maneuver around AoE.

Mistrise Mystic likes this.
  14. Lesliep

Lesliep Lazy Wynn Mage

Minecraft:
    I know this is very off-topic, but do you happen to know all the spell dmg modifiers for the differing attack speeds? I'm pretty sure I know them, with normal being 2, fast being 2.7, slow being 1.3 and so on, but I would love it if I could get a confirmation? I can't find any of the posts that specifically said the spell dmg for attack speeds

15. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't mind the disruption, would like to know this too ._.

16. Hexorcism

Hexorcism warrior class enjoyer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    So if it isn't coming this update will it come in the next update six months from now?

17. send_sync

send_sync Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Just my opinion, I would like it if heal regened 1/4 - 1/2 first of a regular heal first then regen the rest over time, instead of regenerating the whole heal over time.

18. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:

19. send_sync

send_sync Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Oh, k.. forgot about that ;-;

quote isn't working ugh

20. Khoa001

Khoa001 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Mage's heal could use a nerf maybe so mobs can actually burn though the heal to make mage killable also about mana regen having a good mana build which a lot of mages have makes spamming heal way too easy so regen would be more fair. Assassin needs a small buff lets be honest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.