Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Why Mage's Heal Needs A Change

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Endertricity, Aug 20, 2016.

?

What idea do you support?

1. Mage change

27 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. Assassin change

11 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. Both

12 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. Neither

96 vote(s)
    65.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endertricity

Endertricity Assorted Mini Quiche VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I never said take away any healing abilities.
    I never said give any other class healing abilities.
    Maybe read before you criticize.

2. ron111701

ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Assassin and mage are fine, especially with the new sprint bar making vanish/shadow clone so much for useful for travel, there's a reason why these threads are disliked, because it just gunks up the forums with people complaining about game mechanics when they in all likely hood have no knowledge of game design.

3. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That has nothing to do with my suggestion

4. LotKnockMC

LotKnockMC S̵͚̉i̸̥͔̞̒̕͜n̷̦̹̱͒̈́̚g̶͈̳̙͇͗̾̋̾ͅë̶͔́̌͋ṙ̶̢̧̭͕ VIP+

Minecraft:
    I hereby summon @Selvut283

We have another Buff/Nerf thread.

AetherArising likes this.
  5. minecraftthe1st

minecraftthe1st Has a PhD in the study of Wumbo VIP

Minecraft:
    Mages, may I remind you, also are supposed to be focused on spells, so 1 offensive spell is pretty brutal on a spell-based class.

6. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm totally with you on that, however I pointed out that nerfing heal will be a bad decision as the only other option to hitting the enemy with meteor is healing (tp and ice snake aren't used that much)

7. minecraftthe1st

minecraftthe1st Has a PhD in the study of Wumbo VIP

Minecraft:
    No I was talking to the guy who posted the thread using what you said. I completely agree with you.

8. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I dont get it why everyone says "mage doenst need a nerf". Just look at the facts:
    If you dont use a super-squishy glass cannon mage, the dmg-output of meteor is still enough to kill everything that doesnt have 14k hp regen.
    And with them Having 10k health and massive heal, its just impossible for them to die. Both in PvP and PvE!
    There is a good balance between all classes except mage. Warrior is the defensive one who deals good damage, archer is the squishy one who deals very high dmg, assassin is good in both, defense and damage (nothing OP or too weak, I think assassin is good as it is), and then we have mage, the class that has okayish defense and high damage, and the fact that he can heal, which makes any progress done to them in PvP or PvE useless. Just spamm Ice snake, and warriors and assassins wont be able to hit you or even get close to you. IF they hit you, just teleport away, heal and do the same over and over again. Spamming ice snake over and over again will deal some damage, enough to kill everything that doenst have a healing spell over time.
    Please look at the facts and compare classes, there is no all-in-all balance!
    I can already hear you typing without even understanding what I mean or without even reading what I wrote.
    But just do me a favor and dont be stubborn!

-pika

Khoa001, Endertricity and Eric Yang like this.
  9. hexapod

hexapod Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I totally agree with this, all of the people arguing with you don't know how op heal is. If you can't 1 shot a mage... you can't kill it.

Endertricity, Eric Yang and Rimuwu like this.
  10. Chocolaty_Bear

Chocolaty_Bear Well-Known Adventurer

Mage debuff no ty. Assassin buff stfu

11. Eric Yang

Eric Yang RIP Mincreafterkid12|THE LEGEND NEVER DIES

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is why we needs more lightning builds.

12. hexapod

Minecraft:
    Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 5.28.36 PM.png

Unbiased

13. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thats totally what I think. There is only one way to kill mage: ONEHIT. even if you deal like 10k dmg and the mage has 11k health, he just will heal back up and start spaming again :/

Endertricity and hexapod like this.
  14. Scorpio5

Scorpio5 Usually sleeping when I should be working VIP+

Minecraft:
    I agree that a mage that spams a Heal-Teleport-Heal (with ice snake randomly) is OP. However, it really brings down the mage in the mana department, which why I believe a nerf is not needed. Without any mana to spare on his only real offensive spell, Meteor, a mage loses the ability to hurt you significantly. It gives enemies a chance to focus all their energies on killing the mage. And mages with mana regen builds have trashy defense, leaving them more open to one hit kills. A powerful support skill like Heal will never be perfectly balanced, but so far, I have not seen an alternative I have liked better.

But, I don't know, that's just my opinion.

15. IggyBoii

IggyBoii I Have No Idea What Im Doing VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No, Just No, your gonna nerf the class thats like balanced?

16. hexapod

Minecraft:
    Mage is not even near balanced, it's heal is broken. Warrior is pretty balanced, and assassin is shit.

Eric Yang and Jaycee like this.
  17. Relflow

Relflow A dusty player CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What about all other classes not having such an easy time healing? We only have 1 true offensive spell. And it only provides a surge of damage.

Yes, while mages can heal, It can't prolong a mage's time in a duel that significantly. Repeatedly spamming the heal spell will cause the mage to run out of mana very quickly. Heal is instant but not for full.

While other classes deal tons more damage into mobs killing them quickly if not instantly, mage is left at the hands of mobs constantly healing and hoping for the next opening of meteor. This is the trade off for such a, "powerful spell."

This point is easily negated. MAAAAGIC! This has no limit and is open to interpretation. Subjective. Opinion is fine but don't wave this as if it had real weight to the overall argument.

18. Jaycee

Jaycee Still waiting for MHW VIP+

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    _______________________________________________________________________​
    [​IMG]
    _______________________________________________________________________​
    Let's be frank here, there is bias.
    Those that benefit from the spell would be against seeing a change in it.

1. This idea does not impede upon how much is restored, simply changes the way it occurs.

2. Ice Snake slows the enemy. Arrow Shield prevents the enemy from drawing near. War Scream causes damage if the enemy is too close. All classes have a potential combatant against the Assassin, whom relies upon short distances.
    Putting yourself into a PvP position, sneaking is not an option. You are against a living, breathing creature who understands what happens if you suddenly disappear. Other players are not AI, who do not follow the player after vanishing.
    From a PvE standpoint, vanishing and sneaking is viable. From a PvP standpoint, it is not.

3. Wynn is not wholly about PvP, however the ensnaring bit of Smoke Bomb would aid the Assassin in fights against teleporting archers, notably from the Hive.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Endertricity and hexapod like this.
  19. hexapod

Minecraft:
    In order to make a mage heal enough for them to run out of mana, you would need to have an extremely high damage output and be able to maintain it, in addition if a mage is running out of mana, the mage can just tp and icesnake spam until they can get back to full mana/health.
    Meteor comboed with icesnake is hard to avoid since ice snake heavily slows down players/mobs, you would need to spend more mana escaping a meteor than a mage would need to spend casting a meteor.

And, there's a thing called infinite mana builds which can pretty much spam spells forever.

If they made it so heal is fast regen, it would give ids like health regen more use for mages, and force mages to actually have to try in duels.

Endertricity and Eric Yang like this.
  20. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hexapod likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.