Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Why Mage's Heal Needs A Change

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Endertricity, Aug 20, 2016.

?

What idea do you support?

1. Mage change

27 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. Assassin change

11 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. Both

12 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. Neither

96 vote(s)
    65.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endertricity

Endertricity Assorted Mini Quiche VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    For the poll, mage or assassin only is +1 support, and both is +2
    ---
    "Wow, another nerf Mage, buff Assassin thread!" I hear you bellow from your rooftops. Yes. That's exactly what it is, so what? The reason these spam the General suggestions tab so much is because low leveled players complain without giving any reason or offering any real suggestion. On the contrary, I have a fully fleshed out idea, other than a few numbers/statistics.

Okay, so now onto Heal. Or Remedy. Whatever you call it - this is why it needs a change:

1. No other class has a healing ability.
    Not to say that every class needs one. It just is unfair that one class has this incredibly powerful spell, so that no group can really do anything without one.

2. It allows for instant health with almost no effort or time taken.
    Not only does Heal cost barely any mana, but the fact that the effect is instant incredibly prolongs any fight that a Mage is in. In a duel, one would have to 1-shot a Mage or take them to low enough health with one attack that Heal doesn't do much; otherwise, a quick RLR negates all of your progress.

3. It completely negates the use of potions.
    While other classes dump hundreds of emeralds into potions for their own healing, mages never have a need for that. This means that mages don't have to change their weapon, while other classes do. While this is a small thing, it does mean that to heal, spells like Arrow Shield, Vanish and Smoke Bomb are canceled because those respective classes have to change inventory slots.

4. It doesn't make logical sense.
    "It's a game with magic and monsters," You say. "Nothing makes sense!" Yes, but something completely unbelieveable even in fantastical terms can sometimes shift the users attention to something they might think shouldn't be able to happen. Imagine a powerful wizard, stumbling upon some of his half-dead, fallen colleagues. Would you imagine them being fully revived and at full power after a quick enchantment? The best thing the makes sense would be incredibly accelerated healing, which leads to my suggested change.

The change:
    Make Heal fast regeneration, instead of instant health.
    The eventual health regained would be the same amount, or even more, than it would be originally. The only real change would be the time taken, so Heal would work like a potion. This would change the pace of combat- instead of instantaneous health, a Mage would have to teleport away to regen to full. The problems I have encountered with this idea were what would happen if you healed twice, or what the pulses that come with Heal would be changed to. Suggest these down in the replies.
    A similar idea suggested by @(Meric) - Heal gives 1/4 of what you would normally get, plus the full regeneration. After the amount of time it takes, you would have received 125% of what heal normally would give you.
    http://imgur.com/a/VMTp4
    View image and read description.

This would also be a (kinda needed) buff to assassin somewhat, as the skill steal ability in spin attack would be able to take the regeneration from a Mage.

TL;DR - Change Heal to a fast regeneration.

Holy wall of text! That took a lot longer than I thought. Tell me what you think! Answer the poll! And I'll see you later!
    ~Ender out

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    Saya, Jbip, Kraby and 6 others like this.
  2. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    No thanks, smoke bomb is fine

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    Ryuu, AetherArising, motoki1 and 16 others like this.
  3. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You didn't even read it.

4. xINothing

xINothing Im searching for a meme. CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    If heal gives regeneration it isnt a heal. So new spell name: "Regeneration" ?

5. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    I know, but they are fine as they are.

6. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    its also the only class with only one offense spell
    I'm playing as a mana regen 12k hp mage and you'd be surprised at what people come up with to defeat me.
    true, but if you make heal worse than potions then no one would use it. why use the worse option out of the two. and I my eye its better to make one accessory useless to a class than an entire spell.

7. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:

8. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    arrow storm is a full offense spell
    well if you use mana mage build you either have low hp or low damage, low hp means youre dead and low damage means its easier to wear you down.
    that's actually a good idea that has been suggested a long time ago (wasn't possible back then because we used a different system and giving the normal regen would be op)
    my only question to that is if it would be stackable or not.

9. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The problem with the heal nerf is (I'm 80% sure) that mage was originally intended as a support class, as the heal can heal others in the area, along with it's very low offensive abilities pre-gavel.

tl:dr, Mage is probably intended to be a support class, nerfing the spell that makes it "support" that much will cause it to no longer be a support class.

As for the smoke bomb change, it's best if they just change the dps of an assassin. Assassin is meant as a stealth/close combat class, smoke bomb is merely a way to get some ranged damage in to balance it.

tl:dr, Assassin is a close-combat/stealth class, smoke bomb is likely just for balancing.

Just wanted to point out why the ideas don't work/would contradict a class's base function.

10. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What's to say that this will hurt Mage's support usefulness? The only change is that the healing will happen over the course of 3-5 seconds instead of instantaneously. And the point you make about Assassin - yes, that's exactly what I mean, assassin is a close ranged class. The problem is that it is way too difficult for an assassin to get in that close. The upgrade to smoke bomb will pull in your opponent, closing the distance and increasing the usefulness of Assassin.

11. Arreme

Arreme Veteran, Learning Game Design VIP+

Minecraft:
    This is not the first time that this has been posted. Mage is a weak, ranged class with big burst dmg and heal. I don't think that he needs a nerf, if you are constantly healing you will lose lots of mana which makes that you will do less dmg, entering on a deathly spin where you can only use your mana for healing yourself (This has happened to me). With a less strong healing, mage will simply be the worst class, because you won't be able to resist the incom of damage or healing properly your friends.

ethanoot and MrSamuel1023 like this.
  12. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But that defeats the purpose of close range. Assassin is supposed to have to sneak up on it's opponent, as it's a stealth class. It's not supposed to pull enemies to them. That causes it to not be a stealth class. I see what you're saying, but it just won't work.

Also, heal actually depends on how much health you have. I have died multiple times because I couldn't heal myself enough when at 100 HP. Besides, mage's heal is supposed to be instant, being able to save allies from dying. If it happens over a few seconds, allies won't heal fast enough and die because they won't be able to regenerate health quick enough, causing mage to be a bad support class and lose it's usefulness in parties altogether.

13. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The "purpose of close range" is a strict limitation to Assassin's abilities, making it near impossible for one to be effective in combat. The smoke bomb change would be a way to keep assassin good at close range, as it would make them able to change the pace of combat from far to close.
    One other thing - while the heal change would be somewhat of a nerf, as in making the heal take time, it wouldn't depend as much as your current health. Meaning that at low HP, you can still regain a considerable amount of health. (Is that a buff? :O)

14. TheHipster

TheHipster Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    if Mage' heals get a nerf then Mage' overall defense should get a buff

Yuno F Gasai likes this.
  15. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why? This is barely changing the effectiveness of Heal - unless one is taking constant, massive hits (something you should really be avoiding in combat - you deserve to die if that's your best strategy) it will do the exact same thing, or even give more health.

16. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My point is that pulling opponents in defeats the point of a stealth class like assassin, which is supposed to sneak in so that you can quickly kill the enemy with dps. If any part of assassin needs a buff, it's their dps.

17. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Huh:
    How about this:
    Heal gives a small first time amount of hp (like 1/4 of the old heal) and the rest is all in regeneration

Endertricity likes this.
  18. Endertricity

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hmm. Good idea, I'll add it.

19. TheJayBill

TheJayBill Toxic cake (don't eat me now :) ) VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Mage doesn't needs a nerf, their endgame is shit already, beside salted made this class MAGE for a reason, it's a support class.

20. 01834792

01834792 hey

Minecraft:
    No, that's not true.

I don't really see any other classes with a title fitting to have a heal spell. Plus, this would ruin the Mage title. What is so special about it if other classes were able to heal too.

I still use potions. Just because we are able to heal, that doesn't mean it's free. It still takes mana, and sometimes I would like to save that for my only offensive spell

Mage is a supporting class in most other games I know, and are known to heal. So taking this away would literally make this class pointless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.