Dismiss Notice
Want to stay up to date with Wynncraft? Follow us on twitter (@Wynncraft) and join our discord for fastest news, exclusive sneak peeks of future updates, store giveaways & more!
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Wynncraft - The Gameplay Update: Changeblog #4 [dungeons]

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by Salted, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    This is most likely gonna be the last changeblog! Now, the update isn’t completely ready yet, but it will be soon. We will make a proper announcement full changelog when that happens.

This time, let’s talk dungeons. I’m sure a lot of you saw that one coming.

Dungeons have changed a lot in this update. Right now, they are cool things to do once or twice with a friend, but this time, they are gonna be much more important. Our goal is to make them as necessary as quests are right now. Let’s get started…

Dungeon Rename

It’s time to change things up. Dungeons used to have a fairly simple name, with a single word to describe the full thing. We found that it limited us a lot and just doesn’t sound very cool, so we renamed all of them. Here’s the list:

Skeleton Dungeon: Decrepit Sewers
    Spider Dungeon: Infested Pit
    Animal Dungeon: Lost Sanctuary
    Zombie Dungeon: Underworld Crypt
    Silverfish Dungeon: Sand-Swept Tomb
    Ice Dungeon: Ice Barrows
    Jungle Dungeon: Undergrowth Ruins
    Water Dungeon: Galleon’s Graveyard

[​IMG]

Wait a second, even mini-dungeons?! Yep! Mini-dungeons do not exist anymore, they are now complete dungeons.

[​IMG]

Dungeon Rework

Every dungeon has been reworked. Some of them didn’t change much, but others changed so much they are literally unrecognizable.

[​IMG]

We’ve worked hard to make sure that every dungeon is unique and bring something new. They all have a certain theme and special gimmick. No dungeons are alike. And since this is hard to explain, here’s some GIF of what you will see in dungeons.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dungeon Bosses

We all know how you guys feel about tanky boring bosses. Every dungeon boss will now have a specific gimmick or strategy for defeating them. I really don’t want to spoil them though, so that’s all I’m gonna say about that.

[​IMG]

Oh yea, make sure to say goodbye to Sand-Witch and Lava Cow while you still can, as they got replaced with better bosses. RIP.

Dungeon Key

You used to be able to buy key from merchants, or even simply getting them when you finish a dungeon. Now, the only way to get keys is to find a Key Guardian. Those are mini-boss spawning in the general area close to the dungeon or in an area of a close level. After defeating them, they will drop the key. They aren’t actually very rare, you should be able to find one per 8-10 minutes by just exploring.

[​IMG]

We will also add a Key Exchanger at Detlas to exchange your old keys to the new ones. He won’t stay there forever though, so I suggest you go convert your keys as soon as you can.

[​IMG]

Dungeon Rewards

A proper rework wouldn’t be complete without also reworking the rewards! Of course, dungeons will give a lot more XP, but they also now give a special token which can be used to buy OP items and more from the Dungeon Shops!

They will give you 2 types of tokens: a boss token, used to buy OP items in the shop, and a dungeon fragment, which can be used to buy smaller rewards and dungeon TP scrolls.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Dungeon TP Scrolls

You will find a few new shops in town, one of them being the Dungeon Scroll Merchant. They sell quick TP to dungeons, and they don’t even cost a Soul Point to use! However, as said previously, you need to pay using dungeon fragments

[​IMG]

Corrupted Dungeons

It’s a new thing that we will be testing this update. Corrupted Dungeons are modified version of existing dungeons, only harder. For example, the Corrupted Decrepit Sewers is level 70 instead of 9 like the original.

[​IMG]

There will most likely only be one Corrupted Dungeon for this update, but we do plan to add more as time goes. The way to get keys for them is similar to regular dungeon, but you will need to mix 2 items found in Gavel at The Forgery to craft the key. It’s harder, but the rewards should be more interesting as well.

[​IMG]

Boss Altars

Something new! Boss Altars are spread out around Wynn/Gavel and allow you to get teleported to a special arena where you get the chance to fight and defeat a boss. You will need to sacrifice a specific type of item to go through, but there is always clues around the altar about what kind of items and how many you need. Most of the time, those will be Junk Items.

The boss will have a good chance to drop a few very powerful items. You can also only fight it once per payment. When you kill the boss, he won’t respawn until you leave and pay the fee again. Even using /class won’t make it spawn again.

Those bosses can be challenging, but thankfully, anyone close to the Boss Altar will get teleported when the sacrifice is done. No need to pay for every player!

[​IMG]

Sprint Bar

We wanted to keep that feature secret until the official changelog, but since it’s kinda hard to make GIFs without showing it, here it is!

[​IMG]

Yep. Running doesn’t take mana away anymore. As you run, your sprint bar will go down. When it reaches 0%, you can still run, but your mana will go down very quickly (and even faster for people with a lot of mana regen, so they can’t cheat it up!). When you get to 6/20 mana, you stop running, just like before.

Lastly, let’s talk about the elephant in the room. Guilds. We are aware about all the issues guilds have. No, it’s not fixed this update. To be as transparent as possible, here’s the reason: The problems are not easy to fix, they would require almost a complete rewrite of guilds back-end. After this update, we plan to clean up our code. It’s well needed, and doing so will allow us to have a much more stable game and let us to expand our development team. We know what we want to do to fix guilds, the design documents are even already done. But it will take time, just bare with us while we clean up our stuff first. We know it’s frustrating, but we wanted for you guys to know about our plans for the future.

That’s it for this changeblog. Grian told me to let you guys know that we already have another high level dungeon in the work, but it won’t be ready for this update. It is coming eventually though.

We still don’t have an exact release date for the update, but it will be in August. We will post the full changelog when it’s ready, with the exact date on it and few more things we kept a secret from y’all. We haven’t even talked about bug fixes yet, and I’m sure you guys will be happy with some of them, like the cactus fix and attack speed ID issues. ;)

I can’t wait to finally get this update out for you guys. The team has worked so hard on it, and we’ve been anxiously waiting for this day for months now. I sure hope you will enjoy it. See you next time with the full changelog!

2. Lotem

Lotem Ex-Moral supporter in the official Wynncraft CT™ HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    YAYAYAY UPDATE HYPE!!!
    A new changelog :D

We made some cool shit for you guys!
    I can't wait for the update :)

Here is a short TL;DR for the changelog:
    Dungeons

• Reworked all the dungeons, each one is unique
    • Dungeon bosses will be much cooler now
    • The only way to get dungeon keys is killing rare minibosses
    • You now get more XP and tokens as rewards, which can be used to buy OP items and dungeon TP scrolls
    • Each dungeon will have a harder corrupted version for high level players with better rewards
    • We are working on another high level dungeon, but it won't come in this update
    Boss Altars
    • New bosses around the world
    • You have to pay with junk items to fight them
    • The boss will have a chance to drop very powerful items
    Sprinting Bar
    • Sprinting won't take mana anymore
    • You'll have a sprinting bar
    • When it reaches 0% your mana will drain really quickly
    Notes About The Update
    • Guilds aren't fixed yet, but they will be fixed after the update
    • Cactus build is fixed :D
    • Attack speed ID issues are fixed
    • We will release the update in August

That's it for this changelog!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    Siri, basementbob, carlossey and 58 others like this.
  3. Headset_O

Headset_O I used to do stuff for this server CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Don't feel the hype, be the hype!

carlossey, Kaelan~, Eryndir and 37 others like this.
  4. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAY
    First non-staff!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  5. Glitchedslayer

Glitchedslayer Godly Horse Breeder and Memer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

6. Pastersnacks

Pastersnacks Emperor of History HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    YEASASDSDS

7. coolaccountname

coolaccountname pro gamer VIP

Minecraft:
    YAYYAYAYYYY

wait i cant cheat anymore at sprinting? ;-;;-;--;-;

8. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    WOOP WOOP!

JustCrona likes this.
  9. Stycore

Stycore some random golem CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    yeeeeeeeeeeey cactus fix

BeeMiner, Bam, Soviet Union and 5 others like this.
  10. funnysillyman

funnysillyman lil uzi fan VIP+ GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    YES YES YES TY HEADSET YES

11. Mitsukitten

Mitsukitten I'm just a weeaboo HERO

Minecraft:
    Dank Dungeons

and 17 others likes this.
  12. Ninjazzzzzz

Ninjazzzzzz Certified Sacrificer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I hope you guys are nearly dunge-done with the update!
    I'll just leave

13. Pretzule

Pretzule eats pretzels HERO

Minecraft:
    Oh no, spider dungeon gif is broken!

14. InvertedReaper

InvertedReaper The Nigerian Soothsayer HERO

Minecraft:
    Salted, I'm trying to play this update before I graduate college... And before my kids graduate college.

15. bnmaz

bnmaz Item Hoarder VIP+

Minecraft:
    HYPE
    Hypeeeeeeeeeeeee!

16. DCM627

DCM627 Recluse of a Blue Slime HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lol too true but yay!!!

Edit: Hold up! First page?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  17. Imaxelius

Imaxelius Content Team Manager CT Manager QA Modeler HERO GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    This is niice :D

18. 3:

3: farlands pumpkin farlands pumpkin HERO

Minecraft:
    And as always, plenty of new epic CMD stuff for you guys to discover! :D

Arreme, Recku, Luckygamerdx and 6 others like this.
  19. Disneygame

Disneygame Finally Switch to the Dark Theme (Starry Night)

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    HYPE!!!!! I'm really excited to see what the "OP items" will be. Maybe I can finally 109859238432 no scope Qira without breaking a sweat. xD

20. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Woo, cool gameplay stuff, hype!

*insert train image here*

Thank you great Bovine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.