Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World New Class Idea (necromancer)!

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Myst, Aug 1, 2016.

?

Is this class a good idea (the fundamentals, not my crazy numbers)

1. Yes

35.0%
  2. No

65.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myst

Myst Well-Known Adventurer

Wow, I just posted like 10 mintues ago!
    I know, I'm over enthusiastic lol.

Anyway, here's the new class:
    (It's probably absurdly OP)

NECROMANCER
    --------------------------------------------
    Class Description: Why fight yourself when you can have others fight for you? The necromancer never like getting his own hands dirty, so he summons the dead to fight. Although the necromancer can summon an army, without the dead fighting for him, he is very frail and week. Keeping a safe distance while letting your minions do the work is key in playing this class.

MAIN ATTACK: (Left Click) Summon a direct-line, AoE damaging skull (1.5 block radius? if possible). 100% of Weapon Damage.

SPELL 1: Rise, the Undead! (12 Mana)
    Summons Skeletons and Zombies to fight for you.
    GRADE 1: Summons 2 Zombies and 2 Skeletons, each lasting 5 Seconds. 75% Damage (of weapon)
    GRADE 2: Summons 4 Zombies and 4 Skeletons, each lasting 7 Seconds. 80% Damage (of weapon) and 10% Bonus Earth Damage
    GRADE 3: Summons 5 Zombies and 5 Skeletons, each lasting 9 Seconds. 85% Damage (of weapon) and 15% Bonus Earth Damage.

Spell 2: Undead Wall (8 Mana)
    Summons Undead from the ground up to obstruct the enemies path. Shoots in a straight line, impact block is center of the wall. (No base damage)
    GRADE 1: 5 Blocks Wide, 1 Block Thick.
    GRADE 2: 7 Blocks Wide, 3 Blocks Thick. Enemies within a certain radius gets knocked back (3 blocks) and slowed (Slowness 1).
    GRADE 3: 7 Blocks Wide, 5 Blocks Thick. Enemies within a certain radius get damaged knocked up into the air. +30 Air Damage.

Spell 3: Undead Roots (10 Mana)
    Calls upon the Undead from the ground to latch onto all enemies in a certain radius AROUND THE PLAYER each second.
    GRADE 1: Damages enemies in the radius. 3 Second duration. 40% Damage (of weapon) per second.
    GRADE 2: Snares enemies in the radius. 4 Second duration. 40% Damage (of weapon) per second.
    GRADE 3: Drain the life from them, gaining life based on damage dealt. 6 Second duration. 40% Damage (of weapon) per second and 10% Life Steal (based on damage). Bonus 5% Earth Damage.

Spell 4: Undead King (20 Mana)
    Turn into the King of the Underworld, summoning the Undead around you and drain life from nearby enemies each second, but get Slowed severely (great grammar).
    GRADE 1: Summons 2 Skeletons and 2 Zombies every 3 Seconds and Drains Life (2% Life Missing) from nearby enemies. 9 Second duartion.
    GRADE 2: Summons 3 Skeletons and 3 Zombies every 3 Seconds and Slows (Slowness 2) nearby enemies. 12 Second Duration. Bonus 5% Earth Damage.
    GRADE 3: After the effect, stun all enemies remaining in the area for 2 Seconds.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  2. MinerDwarf222

MinerDwarf222 I AM A DWARF. HERO

Minecraft:
    Before I even read the spells... If you are suggesting something you go all the way. You don't just leave it for the staff.
    [After reading]
    Also what about a movement spell?
    And what about basic items?

3. Myst

Well first of all, I have no idea how to code this stuff and second of all, the Devs have experience with balancing and I don't. I just give them the gist of the spells.

As for movement, instead of movement, he has obstruction and slow/snare and whatnot.
    Basic items, I really don't know. I'd have to list ALOT of items, if that's what you meant

4. Turtlebomb

Turtlebomb idk VIP+

Minecraft:
    Here'so how the spells go: 1. Basic, 2. Movement, 3. Damage, 4. Utility.

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  5. CheesePrince13

CheesePrince13 Eternally Inactive HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    To provide a bit more detail to this format, here are some examples of existing classes and their spells:

Warrior:
    - Bash (Basic)
    - Charge (Movement)
    - Uppercut (Damage)
    - War Scream (Utility)

Archer:
    - Arrow Storm (Basic)
    - Escape (Movement)
    - Bomb Arrow (Damage)
    - Arrow Shield (Utility)

Etc.
    Generally, all classes --and therefore, class suggestions-- follow this theme, since it creates a well-balanced class. I understand that you substituted mobility for a spell that hinders the enemy's mobility instead, but most players enjoy using their mobility spell as just that. Mobility. I see Teleport and Charge used more out-of-combat than inside it. Just my thoughts on the spell format overall.

Aside from that, I agree with the first commenter. Even if you don't know the coding and such, you can still give estimations of damage and how the damage or cost changes on each upgrade. If you accidentally set it too high or low, then try to adjust it based on the feedback from the comments. In time, you'll get the feel for it and maybe come up with some really popular suggestions, but you need to try to put forth the effort first.

I think it's a really cool concept, especially since your suggestion is focusing almost solely on the aspect of controlling minions. Although I think it might summon a bit too many. Regardless, it's an interesting iteration of the idea. Only other suggestion I can think of is to try and use bullet points or lists to better format the post and make it easier for viewers to read. I apologize if any of this sounds rude or anything, just trying to help you improve your posts and suggestions. Good luck with the suggestion!

stlast likes this.
  6. Poiu429

Poiu429 yote VIP+

Minecraft:
    You should add the name of the class that you have created in the title.

7. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This can become pretty confusing in pve and ai akways finds a blovk to get stuck on.

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  8. Myst

Thanks guys, gonna edit it real quick.

9. thatswhatido

thatswhatido Supreme Wynncraft Player thatswhatido CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's not really new since its been suggested 2 billion times

10. Breadro

Breadro Music by pedro VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I normally like necromancer kit in different games, but it would not fit in wynncraft
    (my opinion)

11. Shanaaro

Shanaaro . HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Doesn't fit with the lore. We're meant to be fighting the undead in Wynn, not allying with them. In Gavel there is no undeath.

12. coolname2034

coolname2034 Formerly known as NPCGrian HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You don't need to know how to code; just give descriptions.

13. mArauder

mArauder Friendly Neighborhood Guy

Guild:
    aren't we supposed to be fighting the undead and not becoming the undead, nerd?

14. Untitled Doc

Untitled Doc 1 man robotics team

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I made a summoning class, but I realized that there could be way too many problems, so I would suggest people to generally stay away from such things as "raising minions"
    Complications like lag and confusion on what belongs to who and stuff.
    You could always control them, but for only a short time would be my guess.
    nerd? is that an insult?

15. mArauder

mArauder Friendly Neighborhood Guy

Guild:
    Not an insult :D just what I like calling people. Don't worry not trying to insult you.

Untitled Doc likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.