Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Skill Point Perks [1764+ Supporters] [salted Likes It]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Nepeta Leijon, Dec 29, 2015.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes.

92.3%
  2. Yes, but change... (Please suggest)

5.2%
  3. No, you need to change... (Please suggest)

0.3%
  4. No.

2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I'm not saying that gear would have to affect the perks, just change the last JOAT upgrade to 38 in every skill instead of 40 so its possible to reach without being level 101

2. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, I kind of wanted the level 101 to be a more special thing for people. Since it grants 200 Skill Points, you can choose to either max out 2 elements to gain their master perks, or max out your JOAT to become the master of none.

Also a sort of nudge toward the devs to grant 2 Skill Points at Level 1 to give people 200 at level 100.

3. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to reach level 101?

4. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I realise it takes all XP from levels 1 - 100, but what other goal is there to get to level 101 other than to say 'I got to level 101' (which is slowly dwindling in significance ever since the first few players got to it)? I feel as if having the reward of mastering 2 skills (or the easter egg JOAT) is something to work for at the end mass of near constant grinding like a mince factory in overload.

5. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    I just feel like your suggestion should be based around a near impossible to reach easter egg, and just stick to the main range of levels 1-100.

6. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well it's really based around the whole 'Stick to one or two elements in gavel', giving players perks as they level up their elements. The JOAT was added in as a suggestion which I thought was appropriate.

7. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    Well you said though that you could max out two skills at level 101 which again relies on the easter, to avoid reliance on level 10 you should lower the JOAT final boost to 38 in every skills and the elemental final boost to 99 so it's achieveable without grinding literally all the game's levels again

8. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, as I said, you're not meant to really go after JOAT, and it's based around 1 to 2 elements, seeing as most people have 1 element as their main (Mages - Water, Warriors - Fire / Earth, Archers - Earth / Thunder, Assassins Air / Thunder) and a side element that combines with their element.

9. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    Why? All element builds with items like Cascade, Freedom, Fog of Creation, Manablast, and Empire Builder (once powders are added) are becoming increasingly popular and are quite powerful and fun to play!
    @mag7c @motoki1

10. BlahBlah161616

BlahBlah161616 Light Theme User

Guild:
    But they didn't release powders???

So far it's becoming another "soon" thing.

11. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If I see the need to change the suggestion to meet a rising trend, I shall. For example, if, when the powder update comes out, people aim for all-element builds (and level 101 remains an easter egg instead of, say, level 125 being a cap or something), I'll change it so JOAT is easier to obtain.

XavierEXE and Andy0132 like this.
  12. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    powder thing was only referring to empire builder,
    manablast, cascade, fog of creation, and freedom are already extremely good,
    powders might even make them better.

13. Andy0132

Andy0132 King Beneath the Mountain

Guild:
    I'll take this opportunity to remind all of you that this is a suggestion, and can be changed as more information comes to light. Also,
    Wait, what? 101 gives you +200 skill points?

14. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    When you start at level 1, you technically miss 2 potential skill points (from 0 - 1). This means when you hit level 100, you only have 198 Skill Points to use. Since level 101 gives you 2 extra skill points, it makes up for the 2 you lost at the start.

15. Andy0132

Guild:
    Ah, alright. Thanks for the info!

I too would advise on lowering the requisite for JOAT; to have it lowered to 39 skillpoints. That, or have two skillpoints granted at the start.

XavierEXE likes this.
  16. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would really like it if the devs could add two skill points at the start, personally.

Gogeta, CoinSmasher and XavierEXE like this.
  17. Andy0132

Guild:
    Agreed.

18. CoinSmasher

CoinSmasher Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    This is a GREAT idea. :D, I really think this should be implemented into Wynncraft :D

19. EZXW

EZXW Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you have 129 skill points in Intelligence some spells will only cost 1 mana

20. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The spell cost reduction won't affect spells that cost 2 Mana and below (but since a lot of people have brought this issue up, I might change it).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.