Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Easily Join Online Friends

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Hutsalot, May 11, 2016.

?

Do you think something along these lines should be added to the server?

1. Yes

38.1%
  2. No

61.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hutsalot

Hutsalot Travelled Adventurer

IGNORE PARTS IN THIS COLOUR
    (EDITED)
    I think that something should be added to the servers hub area (Where you spawn after connecting to the server), that can let you easily join online friends automatically. It could be something like having to click on (Like the compass), and then you select which friend that you wold like to follow into the world they are playing on. Or something like the giant portal / Nether PVP Arena sign.

(ADDED):
    Thinking about what was said in the short time this has been up, instead of an item, sign, portal, etc. being added to know if a friend is currently online to and being used to join them. What about a simple message that can be sent through chat to a player who just logged on, saying what sub-server their friend(s) are on. It could be similar to the chat message they already have implemented that lets someone know if one of their friends just logged onto a sub-server, which one it was, and as what class.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    Cape15 and Ascended Kitten like this.
  2. Dawn UwU

Dawn UwU Midi Musician HERO

Minecraft:
    well, Its not really hard to log on join a server and press tab to see if your friends are on. me and my cousin have a designated usual server number to join but yes it would be a swell idea if you could press tab to see if your friends are on then click there name to join there server

Ascended Kitten likes this.
  3. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    How to find friends 101:
    1. Join Server
    2. TAB
    3. That's literally all it takes it's like 3 seconds come on it's not not that bloody hard
    4. ???
    5. Profit

Yuno F Gasai, SPOOKY SHAY and oHybrid like this.
  4. Dawn UwU

Minecraft:
    some people have lagging problems and loading the texture pack while joining may take a while for them

5. captainganon

Minecraft:
    In that case, it should take about 30 seconds to a minute, still not really that hard.

6. Dawn UwU

Minecraft:
    but then you have to switch servers and being patient is boring

7. captainganon

Minecraft:
    Well there ain't always a shortcut, plus I'm pretty sure TAB can't be interacted with.

8. funnysillyman

funnysillyman lil uzi fan VIP+ GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Again, continuing from what @RIP|captainganon, it's literally just extra coding for something so small and unnessecary.

9. Dawn UwU

Minecraft:
    even if the tab can't be interacted with it would still be cool to see what server your friend is on while in the lobby, also right now im sort of rambling so I'll just stop at its a cool idea

10. Hutsalot

Try up to 5 minutes, then being constantly moved from hub to hub for "flying" when you're actually just lagging, Not even being able to open the Minecraft menu to relog onto the server hoping for a better connection, before being moved again.

Right on the nose about the switching (sub)-server thing. It just doesn't make sense to leave the server you JUST joined to go to a new one even if (a) friend(s) are on the other one.

.......... Why do you think I gave suggestions for things that could be done on the servers hub!?!?

Andy0132 and XavierEXE like this.
  11. buukie

buukie Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Yes, because doing /server and joining a set server is very hard to do and requires a completely new feature to do so.

Hutsalot likes this.
  12. Glitchedslayer

Glitchedslayer Godly Horse Breeder and Memer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I feel like people who make votes visible just end up with disapointment

Yuno F Gasai likes this.
  13. Hutsalot

..... Once again my pro searching skills strike again.... :sweatsmile::weary::sweat: Must have glazed over that player command each time I was looking at what command normal players have permission to use. Thanks for letting me know the command! :grinning::grinning:

XavierEXE likes this.
  14. buukie

buukie Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I wasn't trying to mock you if that's what you're getting at. Simply making a sarcastic comment.

Hutsalot likes this.
  15. Hutsalot

I know it was meant to be sarcastic. I was just using it as a base to try and turn the fact that I am terrible at doing any type of research into a joke-like thing! :blush::grinning:

16. Andy0132

Andy0132 King Beneath the Mountain

Guild:
    At present, is /friends usable in the hub? If so, then use it to find out what servers your friends are on. If not, then have it be usable.

Problem solved.

Hutsalot likes this.
  17. Hutsalot

No, none of the commands are usable in the hub. They can only be used one you have joined one of the sub-servers. I would like it if at least that command was usable in the hub though!

18. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sorry for the.. well, reply to a message that was literally posted almost a page higher than this message, but I felt the need to point this out
    I have a little rule for when I join a Wynncraft server. Here goes:
    If player count on a server =
    10: Sit there for like 10s for the map to download, then wait the 2m for the resource pack.
    20: Sir there for about a minute, possibly hop out of my chair, get a bag of Chex Mix, come back, should be all loaded.
    30: Run down to the basement, grab a Pepsi, grab that Chex Mix too, run back, wait about 30s to load.
    40: Grab the 3DS, do a round or two of Mariokart 7, come back to Wynncraft and it's loaded (A round or two is roughly 5m, just to tell ya)
    50: Minimize Minecraft, open up Waterfox, browse the forums for about 20m, check Amazon for any cheap Wii U's, then flip back to Wynncraft and wait about 10s for it to load.
    Fair warning about 59 or 60 for me, I've tried this scenario before.
    55-60: Run to the store, buy some Cheez-Its, come home, play a Mariokart round, eat the Cheez-Its while staring at the "Downloading Terrain" screen, then finish the box, then go down and wash my hands, come back, stare at the screen for a minute, and it's up.

So in conclusion, Ganon, 30 seconds to a minute?
    Haaaa.

Hutsalot likes this.
  19. Hutsalot

Wow, you must have it worse for lag then me, when my youngest sister is also playing on the Wynncraft server, and my other sister is watching her usual marathon of Netflix while claiming that I use all of our bandwidth! :fearscream: :coldsweat:

20. Andy0132

Andy0132 King Beneath the Mountain

Guild:
    Easiest solution would just to be to make commands such as /friends, /guild, /msg, and /r usable. It'd cut down on lag, overdone features, it'd be simple, and it'd keep the population happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.