Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

"possible" Way To Fix Losing Items (15 Supporters!)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Blizzardgale, May 1, 2016.

?

Should this be implemented?

1. Yes, it will save the items of many users

19 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. No, invincibility could be used for other purposes

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. No personal preference, item bug has never touched me (yeah right >.<)

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blizzardgale

Blizzardgale Famous Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    So, as you all have probably experienced at least once, skill point bugs cause your armor to drop a lot. It used to be completely gone if you had a full inventory, but now it drops thankfully. However, dropping half of your armor that requires skill points, or even the whole set, causes your hp to drop by hundreds to thousands. In those few seconds, you'll be extremely vulnerable to mobs surrounding you, and the possibility of being killed is relatively high. If you a die suddenly within a quest, scrambling to pick up those items, you probably won't be able to get them back in time. Some people may say to just log out in cities to stay safe, but what if you're in the middle of a long quest such as Fantastic Voyage or Wynn Excavation D?

Therefore, my preposition is to have a 5-10 second invincibility surrounding the player. If the server can recognize that there is no room for an item upon spawning and throws it onto the ground, it should technically also be able to issue a couple of seconds of invincibility to allow the player to retrieve those items. This invincibility wouldn't work if you did /class over and over again, it will only be issued if one of your items drops upon logging in due to skill point bugs. I'm not sure if this is even possible, but it might be a viable solution :P

Edit: Another idea for this problem is to have a separate chest containing the items that have dropped due to skill point bugs. The chest would be located in the same general area as the daily loot chest, and there might be a notification in chat occasionally telling you that there are new items that have been dropped within the chest due to full inventory. Negatives are that this might be pretty hard to implement for the coders, but it'll fix any issues people will have.
    Full credit to @QueenCircle and @Platy_ for this idea.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    blankman, XavierEXE and Brutakah like this.
  2. Brutakah

Brutakah knight main CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ummm the skill point glitch happened to me a few times
    But there was this time when I logged back in and I was in the middle of the forest in Nessak
    For some reason, I got swarmed by wolves but they never hurt me...
    Maybe that's another glitch?

3. Blizzardgale

Minecraft:
    Idk, but there's another glitch where you sometimes can't attack wolves due to the game thinking you're taming them ;-;

4. Brutakah

Brutakah knight main CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Never experienced that before...
    Well, I guess nothing is perfect! XD

5. AdvilAddiction

AdvilAddiction Why do I exist? VIP

Minecraft:
    Another possible way to fix this is

All items that should have been dropped get put into a special bank thats a normal chest and when you click it you get all your missing armor or accessories

A simple fix

6. Blizzardgale

Minecraft:
    Yeah, that could work pretty well! However, it would probably be more of a burden to code, and where would the chest even be located?

7. Platy_

Platy_ Travelled Adventurer

Guild:
    Maybe just put it in your character menu, sort of like the "Daily Rewards" thing. Just put another chest titles "Lost Items". Not sure if this is possible, but it's a thought.

8. AdvilAddiction

AdvilAddiction Why do I exist? VIP

Minecraft:
    Yea that would work

9. Blizzardgale

Minecraft:
    Probably gonna be harder to implement, but I'll add this as another possible solution in the thread.

10. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Here's the thing, glitches are odd and unpredictable, this one is especially unpredictable, if one were to lose items due to a glitch, the chest and the invincibility may not work at all, since glitches are literally hiccups in the code

I made a thread concerning the paranoia of item loss glitches, Salted replied, saying this bug is unpredictable and hard to replicate, but they're making progress, from what I've heard.

11. Blizzardgale

Minecraft:
    Welp, let's just hope progress will come. Soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.