Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Augments

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by TimH3000, Apr 14, 2016.

?

Should augments be added to the game?

1. Yes!

2. Augments are a good idea, but they need to change(comment what needs to change)

3. No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimH3000

TimH3000 Well-Known Adventurer

At the moment there is not much you can customize about classes spells, thats why I came up with augments.
    Augments change, or improve a spell. The augments will will take form of the rings, bracelets and necklaces.
    As there are currently 2 ring slots, I suggest changing 1 of them with something else, like a medal.
    So the augments can be placed into their slots like this:
    Augment for 1st spell goes into ring slot.
    Augment for 2nd spell goes into medal slot.
    Augment for 3th spell goes into bracelet slot.
    Augment for 4th spell goes into necklace slot.

My original idea was to have augments replace the current accessories, but I didn't think about having augments next to the current accesories, thanks to @DirtyDoge for his comment!

I have come up with a few augments, to give you an idea what they can do.
    The main idea is not the augments I came up with (while I would still like them in the game), more the idea of having augments in the game, these are only examples. For most abilities I came up with 2 different augments, for some only 1, and sadly for charge I couldn't come up with anything. If you have any suggestions be sure to comment them.

Archer

Arrow storm:

1:
    For each arrow that hits an enemy, the remaining arrows will do 5%(?) more damage.
    This allows for even more burst damage, and extremely effective against a single or more targets in a line.

2:
    Instead of each arrowing following the other, all the arrows are fired at the same time, next to eachother, which creates an arrow barrage. This Allows for a lot of AoE, but not so much against single targets/

Escape:

1:
    You get a jump boost 2 while escape is active.
    This allows you to climb easier.

2:
    Duration decreased to 10 seconds, mana increased to 10, speed increased to 10, invulnerable while active. (invulnerable may be a bit too strong, if so maybe 75% damage reduction?)

Bomb Arrow:

1:
    Enemies hit are frozen, which makes them unable to attack or move.
    Lasts for 10 seconds. This allows for attacking them while you are safe, or makes you able to run away safely.

2:
    Enemies hit are thrown into the air, taking damage when hiting the ground again.

Arrow shield:

1:
    Using arrow shield while another arrow shield is active, the existing arrow shield explodes, firing allows in all directions. Good for AoE when enemies are scattered.

Assassin

Spin attack:

1:
    Enemies hit are thrown back 5 blocks, useful when you need to escape, or when you want to take enemies 1 for 1 after you use spin attck.

2:
    Enemies hit bleed, taking for damage over time.

Vanish:

1:
    Attacking or using a spell, does not cancel vanish.
    Killing an enemy adds 2 seconds to the duration.
    When a lot of enemies are around, you can go on a rampage, enemies can't attack because they don't know where you are. You can stay invisible until the enemies run out.

2:
    Vanish no longer takes mana when used, but it drains energy.
    It drains 0.5 energy per second, allowing for a larger duration, using mana potions also increases the duration.

Multihit:

1:
    When you kill an enemy with multihit, it recasts.
    Good for when a lot of enemies are in a line.

2:
    Enemies hit bleed, taking more damage over time.

Smoke bomb:

1:
    For every second an enemy is in the smoke bomb, it takes 5% more damage from all sources.
    After a while, you can throw in a spin attack, allowing for even more AoE, or just wait until they take more and more damage from the smoke bomb.

2:
    The smoke bomb blinds enemies, whenever enemies leave the smoke bomb, they are affected for another 10 seconds

Mage

Heal:

1:
    Heal no longer heals, but now restores mana.
    It has no mana cost. At the cost of not being able to heal, you can use your other powers more often.

2:
    Health is siphoned from enemies nearby when heal is casting, resulting in a much larger heal.

Teleport:

1:
    Whenever you use teleport, a map pops up.
    You can select a city/town to go to.
    When a city or town is selected you channel for 10 seconds, taking damage, dealing damage, moving or using a spell cancels the teleport. It has a 10 second cooldown.

Meteor:

1:
    When the meteor hits the ground, it splits into 4 other meteors, which also split.
    It splits for 4 times. Worse damage, but the AoE has more range.

2:
    Enemies hit are crippled, unable to move for 10 seconds.

Ice snake:

1:
    When ice snake kills an enemy, it gets possesed, fighting for you.
    Possesed enemies dissapear after 30 seconds.
    When facing a lot of enemies, you can build a giant army, protecting you and killing more enemies

2:
    When ice snake kills an enemy, another snake is created, seeking the next target.
    For every target killed, the snake grows stronger.

Warrior

Coming up with augments for warrior is really hard, because I don't feel like something is missing, or could be added, suggestions are needed!

Bash:
    Can't come up with something

Charge:
    Can't come up with something.

Uppercut:

1:
    Instead of throwing enemies into the air, they are thrown back.
    You can run forwards, using uppercut another time, as enemies are not as scattered, or it can be used to escape from danger.

2:
    Enemies hit are crippled, making them unable to move for 10 seconds.

War scream:

1:
    Whenever you kill an enemy, you get 2% extra damage, whenever you take a hit, you get 0,5% extra resistance.

2:
    Enemies are scared, and will run away.
    This is good when you need to escape, or are facing to high lvl enemies.

So those where some examples, like I said, if you have any suggestions comment them below!
    Keep in mind that im really new to this game and I took all the information of the wiki, so if i suggested an augment which would be impossible, or is already done by the default spell, or anything else, tell me!

Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    ! 3 ! likes this.
  2. ! 3 !

! 3 ! Wynntils Developer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You should look at http://wynncraft.com/classes for more info on the attacks but this seems pretty cool and alot of effort was put into this.

TimH3000 likes this.
  3. TimH3000

I used the wiki as a source of information, but Iwas scared there would be anything hidden and not told on the wiki, making some of my augments useless. I will take a look at the official wynncraft website, and compare it to the wiki to see if they have anything different. Thank you for your comment!

! 3 ! likes this.
  4. PurifyX

PurifyX D1rTe G3nj1 MalN VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Man what is dis Viktor bulshiz... I like it doe

5. TimH3000

bump 10char

6. Arreme

Arreme Veteran, Learning Game Design VIP+

Minecraft:
    Mhh this actually can be interesting.

7. DirtyDoge

DirtyDoge Master Procastinator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean, seems OP for mage, but I main mage, so +1 support!

8. TimH3000

My idea was they would replace the accessories. If they would be an extra buff, it would mean you cannot equip the accessories(which contain the augments) without getting certain debuffs, since some have debuffs.
    Although, I at the moment trying to find a better way to find a spot, as I think removing the accessories might not be the best idea. I also think that it why a lot of people are saying no to my poll.

So my message to everyone who tapped the no button, could you explain why?
    Is it because my plan is to remove accessories?
    If you could explain your reasons so I can improve the idea?
    Im open to any suggestions!

9. DirtyDoge

DirtyDoge Master Procastinator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think you should have some normal accessories, and some augments.

10. TimH3000

Ah so you suggest there would still be normal accessories, but if you want you can use augments instead of the ones we have now? I didn't think about that yet, I will change my original post.

DirtyDoge likes this.
  11. DrBracewell

DrBracewell Famous Adventurer CT Manager QA Modeler GM CMD CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nice, I like some of them, but not the heal-mana, teleport map, meteor split, I think the possessed enemies should only be for 15 seconds, but otherwise, nice! (My main class is Mage, so most of my reprimands are the Mage ones)

12. Eridan Ampora

Eridan Ampora Prince of Rustic Builds VIP+

Minecraft:
    This looks really great! Sounds like you put a lot of effort into it unlike a lot of suggestions nowadays... Also, this reminds me a lot of SSB4's custom specials lol

13. TimH3000

I hate traveling, so the teleport was kind of a way to bypass that. :P
    The possesed enemies are maybe a bit to long, I agree, I will think about this.
    As for the heal-mana and the splitting meteor, it was really just something to fill up space, if those got added I would not use them myself (I can't even remember how many times heal saved me).
    If I get any better ideas I will change them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.